PDA

View Full Version : 90 Talon Non-Turbo For Sale

TrevorK
08-04-2003, 10:42 AM
This car was my winter beater last year, and I have to sell it to make room for my new winter beater, a 92 Eclipse. The only reason I bought the Eclipse was because of the price ($750 with a snapped T-Belt) I got it for, or else I'd be driving the Talon again this winter.

202 xxxKM on it. Rebuilt auto tranny - as well the previous owner had some engine work done (There is a part number on the fuel rail from a wrecking yard, I suspect another engine was thrown in due to a T-Belt snap). Ran perfect all winter, never had to plug it in or anything.

All 4 tires good, brakes good, glass good, everything good.

Problems? Turn signal lever rattles, needs to be tightened. I don't have a steering wheel puller yet, so I haven't fixed it. I might pick one up soon as an excuse to buy a new tool and fix it... Also, the glove box has a slight rattle over bumps, but I haven't been able to fix that (It's really hard when you're driving, and the noise only shows up when you hit a bump). That's how good the car was to me all winter - those are the only problems I had all winter.

Bad news with a silver lining - the car was written off. It was hit in the front, needed a new bumper, hood, passenger fender. Damage wasn't too bad at all. All fixed, COMPLETELY repainted car (You don't have to worry about blending, etc...). Passed the writeoff inspection, which basically puts the car under the microscope.

Like the guy at the shop said, most cars this old would NOT pass this inspection without being written off, yet mine needed no additional work to pass.

Pictures are here (Taken after paint job):
http://immortaltk.tripod.com/talon.html

Asking $4500 obo. Check around the Auto Trader/Bargain Finder if you think it's too much, chances are you won't find them this cheap.

I can also hook the car up to my datalogger if need be (Not for sale, I need it for my Eclipse). I can show you all the sensors/fuel trims/whatever you want to see. The car runs perfect, with all the sensors in perfect shape.

Any questions you can email me at [email protected] or you can post here. I'd like to get rid of the car before winter, as it's taking up a parking spot I need for winter time to park my summer car.

BigMass
08-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Bump :thumbsup: that's one clean Talon! I thought mine looked good for a 90!

Isonex
08-05-2003, 12:09 AM
NICE PAINT!!! I like it, thats a clean car bump for a fellow DSMER

TrevorK
08-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the bumps guy.

It really is a CLEAN car inside and out!

TrevorK
08-06-2003, 03:37 PM
The car has AC too. And it works.

TrevorK
08-08-2003, 08:12 AM
ttt

TrevorK
08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
ttt

Car goes in Bargain Finder next week - come see it before the ad goes in.

TrevorK
08-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Comes with CD deck and all the wiring in place for a sub/amp