PDA

View Full Version : Replicon Awarded Canada's Top 100 Employers Award for Workplace Diversity

rage2
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Replicon takes third award for 2008, reflecting the company’s outstanding workplace, products and employees.

Calgary, AB - March 3, 2008 - Replicon, the world leader in time and expense tracking software, was noted by Canada's Top 100 as one of the best workplaces for new Canadians, as published in Mediacorp Canada Inc.'s annual ranking.

"When CEO Raj Narayanaswamy started Replicon in 1996, he didn't set out to create a highly diverse workforce, but that's exactly what he ended up with several years later." says Derek Sankey of the Calgary Herald.

The reality is that Canada's population growth will come primarily from immigrants over the next decade, so smart employers already facing critical labour shortages are embracing diversity as a competitive recruitment advantage.

"It wasn't a deliberate strategy, but there is a deliberate strategy to hire the best," says Narayanaswamy, president of the company where 18 languages are spoken in the firm's 90-employee Calgary office.

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/replicon18.jpg

"Because we're selling globally, we need to have knowledge of global thinking and a diverse workforce brings that automatically," he says.

This is already Replicon's third award for 2008, reflecting on the company's outstanding workplace, products and employees.

Founded in 1996, Replicon is the world leader in web-based time and expense tracking (http://www.replicon.com/timesheet.aspx?=pr02222008), time-off tracking (http://www.replicon.com/attendance-software.aspx?=pr02222008) and resource scheduling software (http://www.replicon.com/time-tracking-software.aspx?=pr02222008). Replicon's flagship solution Web Timesheet provides organizations with visibility into project costs and status, facilitates cost allocation and charge backs, accelerates billing cycles, and enhances profitability with a single solution.

View the Calgary Herald’s featured article on Replicon (http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/working/story.html?id=c165b23c-d361-4627-8ef0-4ddfd44332b7&k=5805&p=1).

:clap:

Hakkola
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Cool. :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Tell Raj congrats for me :thumbsup:

dj_rice
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
:clap: :clap: Congrats

Impreza
03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Congrats! I use replicon at work!

max_boost
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey rage2, where were you and Kenny on group picture day? :dunno:

rage2
03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
haha I had my Iron Maiden t-shirt on that day, so they choose someone else :rofl:.

topher91
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
pffffft :rolleyes:

LOL

JK man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
03-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I was gonna apply...but it doesn't look like you need another cha jai...lol

icecreamvan
03-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Congrats!

P.S. The guy on the far right looks like he could be a hitman.

kenny
03-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha I had my Iron Maiden t-shirt on that day, so they choose someone else :rofl:.

:rofl: My tshirt wasn't approved either :P

Hamann
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Hahaha wow i only recognize 6 people, lol but i did leave just over a year ago.

Congrats by the way :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
So who was the guy that's been leaving boogers on the side of the bathroom stalls?

ecstasy_civic
03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
GO Replicon you help pay my mortgage lol:clap: :D

djayz
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Congrats!

how many beyonders work at replicon? haha

interlude
03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
:thumbsup: for Replicon.. and :thumbsup: to Rage.. when i have issues with replicon at work. Rage is one MSN message away hahaha

kerry
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Congrats big boss! Replicon is a great place to work. Very casual but hardworking company :thumbsup: If you do get a position with this company, you'll be a happy employee for a long long time. Great place for growth and lots of opportunity.

blownz
03-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I love how everyone is kissing up to their boss. lol j/k

Congrats to the company though. :thumbsup:

Although if that photo is representative of the workers in the company it looks as if they discriminate against white people....I think I'm going to complain....somewhere... lol

rage2
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
The picture is actually a representation of all the people that spoke different non-english languages. Unfortunately, most white people only speak english lol!

blownz
03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess it depends where you are from. I'm from Germany and Europe is mostly white people that speak other languages. But that is true about NA.

kertejud2
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where you'd need token white people to make a picture more politically correct. :D

Hamann
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by kerry
Congrats big boss! Replicon is a great place to work. Very casual but hardworking company :thumbsup: If you do get a position with this company, you'll be a happy employee for a long long time. Great place for growth and lots of opportunity.

Its really laid back, only reason I left was related to a Nazi Supervisor who they fired not long after i left :rofl: *Cough* Hamid *Cough* :D

em2ab
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't get why the percentage of foreigners at a company always has to exceed the percentage of foreigners in the local population......if there was no discrimination, wouldn't it be equal? :dunno:

rage2
03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
I don't get why the percentage of foreigners at a company always has to exceed the percentage of foreigners in the local population......if there was no discrimination, wouldn't it be equal? :dunno:
We hired based on talent and skills, and it just turned out that way. Discrimination? Do we need affirmative action for white ppl now? haha.

Seriously tho, I did a whole bunch of interviews the last month, and maybe a 1/4 of the ppl I met with were white? Maybe white guys don't like IT? I dunno haha.

lewdvig
03-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Is this a good place to work? It seems like they cycle through a lot of folks - especially sales and marketing.

They have been hiring non stop for about 4 years but are still located in the same building downtown. Or do they have more locations?

Is Laksmi Raj still there? She is the owner's wife, right?

lewdvig
03-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by em2ab

Who cares. The reverse is true 90% of the time.

Jlude
03-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by djayz
Congrats!

how many beyonders work at replicon? haha

No shit eh... I worked there about 4 years ago.

I guess if you were in that office, you heard about beyond.

rage2
03-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by lewdvig
Is this a good place to work? It seems like they cycle through a lot of folks - especially sales and marketing.

They have been hiring non stop for about 4 years but are still located in the same building downtown. Or do they have more locations?
I guess it depends. My whole team is really good at what we do, and we've had zero turnover in the last 3 years on my team. The company has really high expectations for our employees, so if you're an underperformer or a slacker you probably won't be terribly happy here.

Our employee count goes up every year. We aquired a lot of space at this location and a few years ago lots of room for growth. Today, not so much haha. I hope we don't move... I love my heated underground parking lol.

lewdvig
03-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I guess it depends. My whole team is really good at what we do, and we've had zero turnover in the last 3 years on my team. The company has really high expectations for our employees, so if you're an underperformer or a slacker you probably won't be terribly happy here.

Our employee count goes up every year. We aquired a lot of space at this location and a few years ago lots of room for growth. Today, not so much haha. I hope we don't move... I love my heated underground parking lol.

I know a few people that have cycled out of Replicon.

One of the guys I know who left Replicon is an insanely hard worker and incredibly ambitious - almost too ambitious. He now does sales at a Fortune 500 software company and was one of the top guys in Canada (out of about 200 sales people).

He mentioned the money was better at the new place, but I was a top guy at that same company in 2006 (I left a few months after he started) and I left because the money was so bad. So Replicon pays sales less than a place that pays low.

So that might explain why people leave. Its just telesales right?

rage2
03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
I know a few people that have cycled out of Replicon.

One of the guys I know who left Replicon is an insanely hard worker and incredibly ambitious - almost too ambitious. He now does sales at a Fortune 500 software company and was one of the top guys in Canada (out of about 200 sales people).
Our sales process is pretty involved, and a lot different than your usual software sales processes. We've had sales superstar at other companies join us, and they've underperformed here. We've had underperformers that's left us, and they went off and became sales superstars elsewhere. I've been here 9 years now, and I only recall 3 above performers in sales leave here. Two of them came back... one 12 months later, another one 2 years later and is now a sales manager. There's definately a lot of turnover, but with the exception of those 3, I don't think any of them were really missed.

He mentioned the money was better at the new place, but I was a top guy at that same company in 2006 (I left a few months after he started) and I left because the money was so bad. So Replicon pays sales less than a place that pays low.

So that might explain why people leave. Its just telesales right?
I believe we have a lower than average base salary, but higher commission rates. Don't quote me on that, I've heard an ex-sales rep mention it. The pay structure definately rewards the superstars more than the average. We've had top sales make near double my salary, and I don't come cheap haha.

The small/med sized companies are pretty much all done over the phone. The larger clients we do more onsite stuff. We rarely have customers come here, which is why I can go to work in shorts and sandals haha.

lewdvig
03-26-2008, 11:01 AM
shorts and sandals FTW!

good to know - you are a good embassador for your company

Spike_16v
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Congrats, this is good to see as we have a webinar tomorrow to check out the timesheet software.