PDA

View Full Version : How to get a newspaper to write a article/story?

Shift_Perform
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I havent been able to find a number to call calgary herald to get them to write a story.

i want to report a news article about how nissan/dealerships are avoiding to fix problems under warrentee. This is a major issue because if you have a brand new car with problems, and they are not willing to fix it, 2 major issues will happen

1) Owner will end up paying for the fixing
2) Car accident due to problem of the vehicle

i want to make the messages to the public clear how certain nissan dealerships are being unresponsible, and especially in my case

to keep my story short here, i have a clutch problem on my new 08 altima coupe, and the problem happens to be clutch being stuck (not pumping back up) and making extremely loud clickS

further more, the dealer says this is normal and will not do anything about it, when i test drove there other altimas which did not have ANYTHING CLOSE to my clutch

once you have no warrentee, they are willing to fix it, because they can rip you off more and replace more parts at YOUR cost

Graham_A_M
03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Go to Consumer watch (through CFCN) about this, if there is any validity, they'll do an investigation and go from there. :)

Sophal
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
what dealership do you have a problem with? i too just bought a nissan about a month ago.

Shift_Perform
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
stadium by far the worst

the service guys number one word to use "normal" everything is normal

"my engine is knocking" ... service guy says "its normal"

thru my experience of goin to the dealership countless amounts of time and hours spent, i found out the term "normal" really means 'get the fuck out, we dont want to do your warrentee work becuase we dont make as mcuh as non-warentee work....oh and have a nice day'

wardpr68
03-03-2008, 07:14 PM
gotta agree.... stadium nissan has the absolute worst service department i have ever dealt with

Graham_A_M
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
^ for me it was universal ford, or Airdrie Pontiac. Those places can burn in hell. I've never walked away so utterly frusterated by bunch of chumps that couldn't be bothered to care about a customer in the least. :nut:

badatusrnames
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Warranty.

dropdat
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
If you need any backing with your claims of Nissan's awful service feel free to pm me and I'll give my story aswell. I had to end up pulling my car out of Nissan and bringing it to Infinity where they did in 3 days what Nissan could not do in 3 months. Worst service of my life and the stress surrounded with dealing with them is almost unbearable.

Shift_Perform
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by dropdat
If you need any backing with your claims of Nissan's awful service feel free to pm me and I'll give my story aswell. I had to end up pulling my car out of Nissan and bringing it to Infinity where they did in 3 days what Nissan could not do in 3 months. Worst service of my life and the stress surrounded with dealing with them is almost unbearable.

Does infiniti handle nissan warenty? if so im giving it a shot, i am still goin down to the dealership to talk to the manager, if he doesnt give me a reasonable response this is goin in the herald, and hopefully they will smarten up

but ANYONE answer my question yet? where can i get this published to the public?

Amysicle
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform

but ANYONE answer my question yet? where can i get this published to the public?

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Go to Consumer watch (through CFCN) about this, if there is any validity, they'll do an investigation and go from there. :)

It was the one after your initial post.

Edit: But if you want a newspaper, how about going to their website and looking around? I found this within 10 seconds: [email protected] to submit a news tip.

spikerS
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
you can try emailing the individual reporters in the hearald. Another thing you can try is the BBB.

[email protected]

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/letters.html

CONTACT US
You can also email your letter to [email protected]

or fax it to 403-235-7379

or send it to
Calgary Herald
Letters to the Editor
P.O. Box 2400, Stn. M
Calgary, AB
T2P 0W8

or you can even try news channels like CFCN

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate?brand=generic&tf=/CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/anchorPage.html&cf=/CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.cfg&nav=anchor&subnav=LeaWilliams-Doherty

A lawyer from Phoenix, Arizona, Lea Williams-Doherty is CTV Calgary's Consumer Watch reporter. Lea is a graduate of Arizona State University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.A. in Political Science and English. She then attended the University of Texas where she gained her law degree with honors. Practicing law for several years in California, Lea says she learned a great deal, but ultimately made the decision to switch careers and hasn't looked back.

Using her legal background, Lea got her first break in broadcasting at the Courtroom Television Network in New York City. She worked as an assistant producer on Johnnie Cochran's talk show "Cochran & Company" and also worked as a reporter at an ABC affiliate in Panama City, Florida. Marrying a native Calgarian, Lea moved to Calgary in 1998 and worked for a local television station as a reporter. Lea and her husband moved back to Phoenix for a year where she worked as a reporter for an ABC station, but the lure of Calgary proved too great! She returned in 2001 and now considers Calgary and CTV home.

When Lea's not on the streets tracking down consumer complaints, she likes spending time with her husband, young son and family. An outdoors enthusiast, Lea can regularly be found running, golfing and mountain biking in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter.

[email protected]

now I suck at internet searching, and i found this and made the post in under 10 mins. next time try some leg work.

dropdat
03-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Does infiniti handle nissan warenty? if so im giving it a shot, i am still goin down to the dealership to talk to the manager, if he doesnt give me a reasonable response this is goin in the herald, and hopefully they will smarten up

No, they don't. I drive an infiniti. Talk to the general manager at the dealership, not the service manager, it helps alot.

Shift_Perform
03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
i found those, but is there something faster and more efficient, sending a email seems farfetched if they dont reply

i want to make sure this is done, and i hope they will not under estimate my powers to ruin there reputation, just because im 18

its rediculous what they say, they think im either ganna live with it or actually PAY THEM to fix it

one of the mechanics said that i mite have to pay for it...like wtf? that moment i wanted to slap him and talk to the manager

il be goin down there tomorrow and see what they say

i doubt they will give me a reasonable answer so i would like my story to be heard loud and clear

Graham_A_M
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
^ You may want to re-read this, since you didn't properly read it the FIRST TIME I POSTED IT!!!!

but go to http://calgary.ctv.ca/generic/generated/hubs/consumer/index.html
^ these guys, and voice your concern.

You have a valid case, and a voice in these matters, whats stopping you; is your choice. :dunno:

it doesn't matter that your 18. It really doesn't. You can be 12 or 78.... if you were ripped off due to some shady business practices; then your set to go.

Xtrema
03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I doubt they'll take your case. It's subjective. I'll try another dealer or contact Nissan directly before going public.

Taking on car dealers services doesn't make shocking news any more. They won't waste ink unless it's a recall item that they refuse to fix or 1000 customer show up with the same complain.

Shift_Perform
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I doubt they'll take your case. It's subjective. I'll try another dealer or contact Nissan directly before going public.

Taking on car dealers services doesn't make shocking news any more. They won't waste ink unless it's a recall item that they refuse to fix or 1000 customer show up with the same complain.

havent tried a different dealer, and my point is that THIS dealer is not being responsible just because i have warrentee

and yes i called nissan canada a couple times and filed more then enough complaints to drown someone

right now i want people to know how untrustworhty this dealership is, and i want people to have this info in the back of their heads before bringing their car in there for service or anything

300zxfairlday
03-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Warranty.

Shift_Perform
03-04-2008, 12:27 AM
^^ i got it the first time

its the way i like to write it, and please dont waste your time and my time because of your stupid post

Kloubek
03-04-2008, 12:32 AM
The problem is this:

Even if you had crappy service, the paper would need a real good story rather than a rant from a pissed off customer.

The fact is, this kind of thing will only be newsworthy if the public give a shit. And I regret that, simply put, they will not.

Now if it turns out the car falls apart and kills you - then at least we're on the right track.

IRL
03-04-2008, 12:35 AM

havent tried a different dealer, and my point is that THIS dealer is not being responsible just because i have warrentee

and yes i called nissan canada a couple times and filed more then enough complaints to drown someone

right now i want people to know how untrustworhty this dealership is, and i want people to have this info in the back of their heads before bringing their car in there for service or anything

Forget about that dealership and go to another one...simple. Screw that whole, "but I want it fixed at this dealership" attitude. In today's day and age you are bound to run into assholes at dealerships...thats why there are more than one.

Any credible news station will tell you to exhaust all your available resources before they broadcast a segment bashing Nissan, opening themselves up to a potential lawsuit.

TomcoPDR
03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by IRL

Any credible news station will tell you to exhaust all your available resources before they broadcast a segment bashing Nissan, opening themselves up to a potential lawsuit.

:werd: sums it up right there.

News weren't made to protect and inform the people, but to influence and corrupt their minds.

davidI
03-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Pretty sure Nissan dealers advertise in the Herald. No story will be printed...