PDA

View Full Version : hiring basic wood workers for decks, fences and garages

dropdat
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm going to give as much info as I can to reduce the amount of questions I'm going to recieve.

Hiring 3-5 people experienced in wood working. Most jobs will consist of building decks, fences and garages, with the odd retaining wall, veranda, etc.

Wages start at $15/hr for a 3 week probation/training period. After 3 weeks, automatic raise to $20/hr. After that monthly raises of $1 a month up to $29/hr.

Not looking for carpenters, only skilled labourers. It's nice to see framers looking to take a break from the hectic life of home building. MUST have valid drivers license with somewhat clean drivers abstract.

Most jobs are located either in the deep south (cranston, auburn bay, shawnessy area) or deep north (royal oak, panorama, etc.). Every morning there's a production meeting at the office on Macloed, jobs are dispersed and you go on your way. Cigarettes, lunches and energy drinks are supplied daily to all employees who want these. If you don't feel confident building decks, fences, etc by yourself, don't sweat it, every crew has a journeyman carpenter in it.

We only build a high quality product and all jobs MUST be done right as I look over every job personally after completion, soooooooooo unexperienced people who "think they may be good with construction" need not apply. PM with any other questions or for contact info.

sputnik
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I will need a fence built in Auburn Bay this summer. PM me with your contact info.

dropdat
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I will need a fence built in Auburn Bay this summer. PM me with your contact info.
pm'd

Evolize
03-06-2008, 03:47 PM
What other positions are available? The only wood I'm good working with is my own.

dropdat
03-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
What other positions are available? The only wood I'm good working with is my own.

You can come pick up everyone's cigarette butts, and other garbage, pick up lunches, hand tools to people and organize/unload packages for $15.00/hr if you'd like.

and since you're so good at playing with wood, maybe one of the boys on the crew would let you play with theirs.

Weapon_R
03-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Do you need a bobcat operator to make your post holes?

dropdat
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Do you need a bobcat operator to make your post holes?

No, we actually have our own, and most of the time the guys prefer a hydraulic auger. Thanks for the offer though.

Evolize
03-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by dropdat

You can come pick up everyone's cigarette butts, and other garbage, pick up lunches, hand tools to people and organize/unload packages for $15.00/hr if you'd like.

and since you're so good at playing with wood, maybe one of the boys on the crew would let you play with theirs. I am not a homo , just a smartass with a keyboard ;)

phrozen
03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Sounds like a very good opportunity,
I'd do it if I had more experience,
Because I know I can do it,
But it's just experience wise.
Maybe I'd do this in a second if
you were also hiring people that could
be trained
And I am in need of a good job,

If you wanted to hire me PM me and
I'll message back.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE. :thumbsup:

Evolize
03-07-2008, 12:51 AM
the pay is above average too

dropdat
03-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Evolize
I am not a homo , just a smartass with a keyboard ;)

I was preatty sure you weren't a homo, I was just being a smart ass too.

As for the pay, i don't believe it's above average. We don't run our company the way most people do. We offer a quality product, charge a decent rate for it, expect it to be done in a reasonable rate by responsible individuals who understand all this. We pay more then most of the competition, but this is because we see the profit margin and it would not break ANY company similar to ours to pay these wages. Any individual which is willing to work hard and help me deserves to be rewarded by getting a good wage, meals and drinks paid for (it's a basic need while working and i believe it's only fair) and good bonuses for going above and beyond.

MrSector9
03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
sent you a pm about giving me some contact info to give to a friend of mine.

did you not get it or just not interested?

sallinger
03-07-2008, 10:28 PM
what about part time work on weekends? i would definately be interested in some if available. currently i am second year carpenter apprentice.

dropdat
03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by MrSector9
sent you a pm about giving me some contact info to give to a friend of mine.

did you not get it or just not interested?

I didn't get it. But I did send you a pm with my contact info. As for weekend work, I'd like to take you on but usually weekend days are preatty short and rare. But if you're ever interested in taking a break from your work, make sure to message me.

mikestang
03-08-2008, 03:26 AM
too bad this isn't in edmonton :(

I'd be all over it

project240
03-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by sallinger
what about part time work on weekends? i would definately be interested in some if available. currently i am second year carpenter apprentice.

I'd also be interested in P/T weekend in the NW. I've helped build numerous before and wouldn't mind the extra work. LMK.

SR240SX
03-08-2008, 11:32 AM
" Cigarettes, lunches and energy drinks are supplied daily to all employees who want these"

Are you seriouse? At no charge?..your going to go buy me a $12 pack of smokes..+ lunch and drinks?..wow

Im pretty interested but I dont have so much experience. I have been a labourer before and did a bit of frameing aswell..but never did any woodworking of that sort on my own. Ive done retaining walls too but with big bricks so probably totally different. Anyways if you think it can work for me shoot me a PM and we can talk more. Thanks!

Jason

1-Bar
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Same but in Evergreen, please :)

dropdat
03-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
" Cigarettes, lunches and energy drinks are supplied daily to all employees who want these"

Are you seriouse? At no charge?..your going to go buy me a $12 pack of smokes..+ lunch and drinks?..wow

Im pretty interested but I dont have so much experience. I have been a labourer before and did a bit of frameing aswell..but never did any woodworking of that sort on my own. Ive done retaining walls too but with big bricks so probably totally different. Anyways if you think it can work for me shoot me a PM and we can talk more. Thanks!

Jason

Yes, free of charge, journeyman on site will buy you any kind of smokes you want, we always have 10+ flats of energy drink at the shop, so you can take what you want, and at lunch time the journeyman will pay for your lunch.

As for you working, if you know how to frame, use a drill properly and can find angles and put those angles into play on a mitre saw you should be in good standings. But remember, all the guys we hire we work hands on with to make sure everything is done to our specifications and they know how to do everything correctly.

Benny
03-08-2008, 10:14 PM
That's a pretty damn good deal for anyone working there. I'd be all over that shit if I weren't going to school really soon for welding.