PDA

View Full Version : Black TT 300ZX

LancerShelby
08-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Anyone know this car? Black TT 300ZX with polished BBS style wheels. Dude can't drive very well. I roasted him in my 4 door chrysler, he was trying too. He heard my BOV and tried hard off the lights but spun, I waited until he crossed the intersection before I punched it.

04blackMAX
08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
street racing is kinda frowned upon on this site, put on your flame suit

bosa
08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Whats the point of street racing anyway. :dunno:

finboy
08-04-2003, 09:32 PM
nice kill

04blackMAX
08-04-2003, 09:32 PM
impress the 16 year old gurls>>>??...dunno man

izzoblitzo
08-04-2003, 09:38 PM
was it an asian guy driving? might be jacob.. bwhahahaha

JJLuke
08-05-2003, 01:20 AM
were you near beddington trail or in the nw?

SmelltheRubber
08-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bosa

To see who has a faster ride?
Nice kill btw.

MistaBrent
08-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

To see who has a faster ride?
Nice kill btw.

probably fraz.

mad_psyentist
08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by bosa

Separates the men from the little, pre-pubescent boys. In this case, the little boys would be the sh*theads racin' on the streets.

LancerShelby
08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
was it an asian guy driving? might be jacob.. bwhahahaha Yes it was. He was kinda short and skinny maybe late 20's? I saw him about 1/2 hour later pull up outside Tequila Night Club.

2M6
08-08-2003, 08:18 PM
must have been bone stock

LancerShelby
08-09-2003, 12:00 AM
What do they run in the 1/4 stock?

sxtasy
08-09-2003, 12:46 AM
http://www.xtreme-tuning.com/htm/400mts/nissan.htm

+GoOdS+
08-09-2003, 09:54 PM
1985 Nissan 200SX Turbo 9.5 16.9
thats no good......

method
08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
impress the 16 year old gurls>>>??...dunno man

not that I advocate streetracing or anything but...

What's the point of modding a car for show? Impress the 16 year old boys?

2M6
08-13-2003, 02:53 PM
What's the point of modding a car for show? Impress the 16 year old boys?

LOL

rx7_turbo2
08-15-2003, 01:24 PM
So many people on this site, have.....well lets face it, slow cars. So for them it's hard to understand the desire to race someone with a fast car on the street. This site really is full of show. Don't get me wrong there is some go, but not much comparatively speaking

SiRonabudget
08-16-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
So many people on this site, have.....well lets face it, slow cars. So for them it's hard to understand the desire to race someone with a fast car on the street. This site really is full of show. Don't get me wrong there is some go, but not much comparatively speaking

So true.:hitit:

finboy
08-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
So many people on this site, have.....well lets face it, slow cars. So for them it's hard to understand the desire to race someone with a fast car on the street. This site really is full of show. Don't get me wrong there is some go, but not much comparatively speaking :werd:

LancerShelby
08-16-2003, 04:47 PM
It's funny how the majority get mad at people who street race, yet this forum is about street encounters????? What gives.

SiRonabudget
08-16-2003, 06:56 PM
What's so bad about it anyhow? If your racing with people who know what they're doing, no1 will get hurt.

Ebbsvette
08-16-2003, 08:14 PM
well...i street race, and im pretty sure i have a understanding whats goin on with my car, but the other guy you dont have a clue about. And if there is traffic, never can predict that. But im all for secluded street races, no traffic just u and the other guy. that way IF something goes wrong, no innocent people can get hurt

SiRonabudget
08-16-2003, 08:53 PM
ya true... i don't see why people hate it.

GQNammer
08-16-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm sure we've all street raced before whether if it was in an 84 camry or in a 2004 rx-8 =)
Just sometimes it gets too far carried away.

89coupe
08-20-2003, 12:23 PM
What I think is more foolish and plain stupid is all the young guys/girls I see in their decked out little imports driving like idiots, weaving in and out of traffic on roads like Mcleod Tr and through the downtown area. They are just asking for trouble. I don't condone to street racing but I see less harm in two cars doing a quick sprint between a set of lights then racing at 100+clicks through intersections in and out of traffic. The odd time I race my friends on the street, it is on a road with no intersections and no traffic. If something were to go wrong its only going to effect myself then, same risk you would take even if you were at the track.

calarina
08-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Street racing is frowned upon on this site, but whenever one of the main members posts a kill...most people congratulate them. :dunno:

They frown upon certain people for racing, but not the ones that are their friends; selective scrutiny. :rofl:

t"raver1"smith
08-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
It's funny how the majority get mad at people who street race, yet this forum is about street encounters????? What gives.

you answered your own question. street encounters not street racing. the truth is for the most part, the guys i see on here everyday who don't like it, do go fast.......really fast. just at the track.

Originally posted by SiRonabudget
What's so bad about it anyhow? If your racing with people who know what they're doing, no1 will get hurt.

greg moore was a professional on a closed course in a car designed to take high speed, high G impacts, and he died. i don't want to sound like an a$$, but think about what you say before you say it. that was the single most juvenille argument i have ever heard for street racing. take it any way you want it.
:thumbsdow

SiRonabudget
08-20-2003, 03:31 PM
So he knew the risks....

t"raver1"smith
08-20-2003, 03:48 PM
does the kid chasing his ball in the street know the risks? do you REALLY know the risks???? i don't think so, or you wouldn't do it. everyone on this site pays higher insurance, and gets more grief from the cops then they deserve, not because he did anything wrong (in some cases) but because some street cowboy couldn't keep his shit in his pants long enough to get to the track.

it happens almost everyday, some "veteran" street racer blows a tire.....etc. rolls his car and kills himself, and others, and still some of these people go to the lounge and bitch about how much young people pay for insurance:banghead:

all i'm saying is think. don't talk. just think. 'cause your losing this one real bad.

SiRonabudget
08-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Ther's alot of people who can't drive.

t"raver1"smith
08-20-2003, 04:02 PM
^^you really have to let this sink in this time^^
think. don't talk. just think.

i'm not sure about this but your saying that only people who can't drive..............get hurt:confused: riiiiiiiiiiight!!

rx7_turbo2
08-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by calarina
Street racing is frowned upon on this site, but whenever one of the main members posts a kill...most people congratulate them. :dunno:

Everyone knows what type of car's the "top" members on this site drive. I know I'm not the only one who's seen these cars and their owners driving in a manor that does not fit with the anti street racing persona they have on the forum.

Lets face it, very few people who have fast street cars, have them so they can race them a couple hours on a friday night every week. In order for the huge majority of these people to enjoy their car's without incident a very small amount of people will be injured or even killed. Lot's of people don't like to hear that. The key is to be aware of what the punishment is for your behaviour.

ae1969
08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
.... on a side note......

Some idiots were flying down High level bridge in edmonton and they clocked as I recall about 10 people going over 100km/h and one idiot at 146 km/h...... in a 50 km/h narrow bridge!

Now were they racing? or just idiots.

Oh and all the drivers were ~late teens to early 20's.

Now you wonder why this age group gets hit the hardest with insurance rates.....

LancerShelby
08-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ae1969
.... on a side note......

Now you wonder why this age group gets hit the hardest with insurance rates.....
Nobody wonders that!! And why do you drive a Porsche 944 Turbo?? Just cause you think it looks good, or cause it looks good and is fun to drive??

ae1969
08-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby

Nobody wonders that!! And why do you drive a Porsche 944 Turbo?? Just cause you think it looks good, or cause it looks good and is fun to drive??

Nope... neither............ I like the kick in the ass in 3rd gear.

JustinL
08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Heheheh... that third gear kick takes our cars up to 160 kph :eek:

Highlevel is a really dumb place to unleash because there is no room for error and it's usually full of cars.

Obviously most of us have broken the speed limit, it's when and where you do it that has the greatest influence on safety. The track is probably the safest place because everybody should be going the same direction and there are safety crews ready. Whyte ave and Jasper ave are close to the worst. Lots of people not paying attention, pedestrians, traffic moving in all directions... The rest of it falls between these two.

Justin

t"raver1"smith
08-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JustinL

Obviously most of us have broken the speed limit, it's when and where you do it that has the greatest influence on safety. The track is probably the safest place because everybody should be going the same direction and there are safety crews ready.

Justin

pretty much my point

:angel:

technohustla
08-21-2003, 09:22 AM
I had a real close one with the 5-0 one time and that was enough of a scare for me to realize the potential consequenses of street racing. Not only the health risks, but the financial ones as well, who wants to spend their entire paycheque on a ticket?

ae1969
08-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JustinL
Obviously most of us have broken the speed limit, it's when and where you do it that has the greatest influence on safety. The track is probably the safest place because everybody should be going the same direction and there are safety crews ready. Whyte ave and Jasper ave are close to the worst. Lots of people not paying attention, pedestrians, traffic moving in all directions... The rest of it falls between these two.

Justin

I totally agree with you .... we are all idiots to a certain extent..... I think I am around 60% still. I only speed about 60% of the time.

:)

tempoking
08-21-2003, 09:46 PM
60% of the time...LOL more like 80-90%...