PDA

View Full Version : Need Help"Wheel Vibration/Noises

da9integ
03-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I have a 1992 integra and have been noticing odd noises coming from the rear wheels. it sounds like something is vibrating. im just wondering if anyone else has had this occur and could possibly know what this oculd be. i know that the tires are not out of balance becuase i had them re-balanced. Also, I noticed this after i purchased and installed 2 new rear tires. im thinking maybe the bearings are worn. because i never changed them after i had the car lowered but am not sure. any help would be appreciated. thanks

arian_ma
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
The bearings would make more of a loud humming noise and it would fade/worsen when you transfer the car's weight to the right/left depending on which side is the bad side.

BananaFob
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Does your car shudder while braking? Most likely its the bearings.

da9integ
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
it does sound like a humming noise. and it fades/gets worse depending on the speed. when i get going it starts so i am thinking it most likely is the bearings

arian_ma
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by da9integ
it does sound like a humming noise. and it fades/gets worse depending on the speed. when i get going it starts so i am thinking it most likely is the bearings

Try this:

Go on an empty road (please make sure it's empty) and drive at the legal speed where the noise is clearly audible. Now swerve left and right pretty fiercely. If the noise goes away and comes back it's your bearings.

But you are right, it does sound like a bearing. Make sure you buy OEM parts. Don't cheap out on the part.

da9integ
03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
okay will do. thanks alot for the help

rc2002
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Bad bearing noises are speed dependent. If it gets louder as you drive faster, then ethat's most likely the culprit.

It'll also get louder and louder as your drive more too. I'd get it done asap. You may need to buy the bearing and hub as one assembly if you go the OEM route.