PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever done up a Magnum?

A790
03-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I got to thinking that it'd be kinda sweet to do up a Hemi Magnum. Anyone know how the engine responds to turbo's, etc?

Kloubek
03-06-2008, 11:10 AM
0-60 in mid 5 second range isn't good enough for you? I'd suspect the suspension and braking is merely adequate for the power it ALREADY has. I can only suspect adding 25-40% MORE power is going to make it a bitch to drive.

JRSC00LUDE
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
There's one around here with the 300c front end conversion (looks really good imo) and some crazy paint/wheels. Not sure if he's done anything underhood or not though. :dunno:

benyl
03-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Why not just get the SRT8 version?

A790
03-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
0-60 in mid 5 second range isn't good enough for you? I'd suspect the suspension and braking is merely adequate for the power it ALREADY has. I can only suspect adding 25-40% MORE power is going to make it a bitch to drive.
Hell no. More power. Bigger brakes. Drop that shit.

Some deep dish rims on that thing would look fucking AWESOME.

Redlyne_mr2
03-06-2008, 11:23 AM
yah just get the srt version.. dealers are giving them away right now. I used to have a hemi magnum.. you can fit some nice low offset wide wheels on them.. thing is though to make it look good you need to spend some bank on decent rims. I always laugh when I see these players rolling in escalades, magnums etc with $2000 22inch chrome rims.....weak as hell.

ZorroAMG
03-06-2008, 11:28 AM
^ HAHAHAHA That's ALL I've ever seen in Calgary and Vancouver.

Nice cars with POS wheels. Just cause they are big doesn't make them hot. Chrome is TERRIBLE period.

97'Scort
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Nice cars with POS wheels. Just cause they are big doesn't make them hot. Chrome is TERRIBLE period.

You mean chrome on newer cars, correct? Because I think a hot rod without the shine is a crime against humanity.

benyl
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I saw someone the other day in an e46 sedan with M6 chrome wheels. It was a crime against humanity.

stunta666
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Just because your not rollin on some expensive rims doesnt mean your weak. Everyone has their own taste in what looks good and what doesn't, dont get me wrong here i've seen some pretty hurtin rides but i have know right to hate on that person for that. You got a really classy lookin ride ZorroAmg but im pretty sure there are people with new benz's hatin on you because your car is not the latest and greatest with some 20 HRE's.

403Gemini
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Magnum?! get a charger srt-8 :thumbsup:

A790
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't like chargers. I like the Magnum's mostly because they look like a bloody mobster wagon ;)

ekguy
03-06-2008, 01:19 PM
/\ what he said. Charger is much nicer. Or better yet wait for the new Challenger.

funkedelic
03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
srt-8 charger/magnum or 300 ftw
great cars, the superbee chargers are amazing cars.

i dont think chrome looks as bad as it does with bmw's, audi's, mercedes benz, ect. Chrome wheels just dont belong anywhere near those cars, the closest you should get is polished aluminum.

JRSC00LUDE
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by A790
I like the Magnum's mostly because they look like a bloody mobster wagon ;)

Totally, if done right they can look pretty badass!

Murdered out mobster hurse ftw!

Redlyne_mr2
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by stunta666
Just because your not rollin on some expensive rims doesnt mean your weak. Everyone has their own taste in what looks good and what doesn't, dont get me wrong here i've seen some pretty hurtin rides but i have know right to hate on that person for that. You got a really classy lookin ride ZorroAmg but im pretty sure there are people with new benz's hatin on you because your car is not the latest and greatest with some 20 HRE's.
yes it does.. rims, offset, size means everything.. might as well stay stock if you're going to buy hurtin rims to try and look baller.

ZorroAMG
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM

Wut?

This is a discussion of modded cars on cheap ugly chrome rims, not whether people like my car or not. Also, since you don't know, Carlsson's are JUST as respected in the MB modding world as HRE...in fact they are WAYYYYYY less common, so......

By the way, we aren't hating on people, just their fugly taste in fugly wheels. If you have the "taste" to buy a great $100,000 car, acquire the taste to put real wheels on it...there's no excuse LOL

'97scort, YES, chrome is what muscle cars/hot rods are all about...I agree with you :)

sputnik
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

You mean chrome on newer cars, correct? Because I think a hot rod without the shine is a crime against humanity.

Except for muscle cars and hotrods with 20" CNC Foose/Boyd rims.

Those people should be shot.

Chrome rims on hotrods and muscle cars cant be any bigger than 16". Anything bigger is just FUGLY.

stunta666
03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
When did the price determine the proper size rim and offset?
True you get a lot more options regarding offset when it comes to top of the line rims but i think the biggest factor is the guy your buying them from and his knowledge with what works and what doesn't. This post was about modding a magnum and i dont think you have to drop some $7,000 22's on a magnum. I do agree that it is a sin to put cheap rims on a luxury car though. i also never said your rims were ugly zorro i said before your ride was classy and thats the way luxury rides should be.

Euro_Trash
03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Just because your not rollin

guy your buying them from

Fuck

Redlyne_mr2
03-07-2008, 11:51 AM
When did the price determine the proper size rim and offset?
True you get a lot more options regarding offset when it comes to top of the line rims but i think the biggest factor is the guy your buying them from and his knowledge with what works and what doesn't. This post was about modding a magnum and i dont think you have to drop some $7,000 22's on a magnum. I do agree that it is a sin to put cheap rims on a luxury car though. i also never said your rims were ugly zorro i said before your ride was classy and thats the way luxury rides should be.
usually aggressive offsets and widths are only available on expensive rims which are usually multipiece.. I know there are exceptions to that rule but for the most part if you want to run 22x9 -20 you have to go to a higher end rim manufacturer.

Team_Mclaren
03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/CatSplat/b2956a7c.jpg

oh snap;) 22s

ZorroAMG
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
i also never said your rims were ugly zorro i said before your ride was classy and thats the way luxury rides should be.

I know you didn't :) thanks for the kind words, I just meant that there are PLENTY of high quality, stunning wheels out there that can be had at a great price, ther eshould be NO excuse for SL55's to be rolling on $2000 wheels. EVER. LOL

jonnycat
03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
lxforums dot com has lots of "done up" Magnums.

Graham_A_M
03-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Wait until the Challenger comes out. That would quite the ride if nicely built.
:love: Save your money until then, then go all out.
I wouldn't mind a 300c myself. nice deep dish (huge)rims is pretty much all you need to make those cars look even more gangsta then they already are.;)