PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever have a cop shine their search lights on you while driving?

shadezofgrey
03-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Hey guys,

so like the title says, I was out driving (not speeding, not being reckless, etc - sorry guys, 'fraid there isn't any drama to this story) and next thing I know there's a cop driving beside me shining his search lights into my windows for a good 15ish seconds until I guess he lost interest.. needless to say I slowed down and let the cop slowly pull on by because I didn't have a clue what was going on. In retrospect I'm guessing that he probably thought I had tinted windows and wanted to check (guess he was trying to meet his monthly quota of randomly assigned tickets), or maybe there was an APB put out for an axe-wielding murderer driving the same kind of car? lol, if nothing else I'll take it as a compliment and assume the guy thought I was driving something arrest worthy :clap: .

Anyways, anyone have any guesses on why it happened?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Toms-SC
03-08-2008, 09:13 AM
hay, no

hoamic11
03-08-2008, 10:44 AM
can't say i have

rmk
03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
happened to me a few years ago in a buddies car. person riding shotgun had a box of timbits in their hands. (true story)

rc2002
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Only had it happen when I was pulled over, not while I was driving.

They shouldn't be do it because it's a pretty big distraction. But yeah it's probably like you said they were looking for a certain person matching your description in a car like yours.

InLoveWitRSX
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
^yeah ive only had it happen when i was parked at chinook and security surounded my car and the officer had his light shining on the back of my car. (they thought I was in possession of drugs)

JordanAndrew
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
^yeah ive only had it happen when i was parked at chinook and security surounded my car and the officer had his light shining on the back of my car. (they thought I was in possession of drugs)

So did they find that girl inside your trunk on your avatar instead?

haha ok bad joke. Back to the thread, I can't say that I had the same experience with the cops. Like richard, it only happened to me while I got pulled over when I first got my speeding ticket.

dj_rice
03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Are you by chance asian?

Same thing happened to me at a Checkstop, pull up, ask the drinking question, I say no, then the cop proceeds to use his flashlight and look at the backseat through my window on my old 240sx for awhile then lets me go...

403Gemini
03-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Are you by chance asian?

Same thing happened to me at a Checkstop, pull up, ask the drinking question, I say no, then the cop proceeds to use his flashlight and look at the backseat through my window on my old 240sx for awhile then lets me go...

Yo man, its def' cause your asian! Them be prejudice mutha fucka's!!! :rolleyes:

No, they do it to everybody at checkstops... They did it to me when I drove my Integra, Saturn, and Cobalt (I seem to hit EVERY checkstop haha)

jay42w8
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
OMGZ!!1...I'm Asian too and drive a Mazda 3...same thing, shone a flashlight into my car at a checkstop and gave me a breathalizer...fuckin RACIST!

:rofl:

4lti7ude
03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
:thumbsdow
Cops some are good.
Most are dicks.

InLoveWitRSX
03-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

So did they find that girl inside your trunk on your avatar instead?

haha ok bad joke. Back to the thread, I can't say that I had the same experience with the cops. Like richard, it only happened to me while I got pulled over when I first got my speeding ticket.

no they havnt found her yet..:whipped:

Graham_A_M
03-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 4lti7ude
:thumbsdow
Cops some are good.
Most are dicks.

I'd say 90% are great, the other 10% ruin it for the rest. :thumbsup:

I'm white, in my mid-twenties, and it doesnt matter which vehicle I'm driving, my truck or my car... or whatever else, they check in the back seat usually. So obviously; their racist to me too. Crazy eh?
:eek:

-QA-
03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
ya one time i was eating a pizza with 3 people in the car in a empty parking lot....2 cruisers and cop van came out of nowhere with their lights on our car....the windows were kinda steamed from the pizza so they must have thought we were doign drugs or something...one officer slowly walks to the windo, when my cousin rolls down the window

cop: what are you guys doing? (in as if they had something on us)
cousin: nothing just eating pizza...want some? (sticks his hand out the window with a slice of pizza)

loool

Mazstyle
03-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Clearly a race check, and since you didn't get pulled over you must be white.

Rocky
03-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX

no they havnt found her yet..:whipped:
women are much more attractive when they're not allowed to talk :D

anyway closest thing that happened to me, got a cop flick on his lights at a red light on whyte ave, midnight on a saturday in january. I figured there was no way he meant me, never had a problem before & exhaust was super quiet (despite its size) -- anyway then he started shining those lights into my car, and I still had no idea what was going on, I was trying to move to the left cuz I thought he wanted to go around me, so he had to eventually get out of the car and knock on my window and tell me to pull over lol

crazedmodder
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Cop was waiting at a light and I turned right onto the same street, shone their light in my face as I was turning. Fucking annoying, that thing is bright.

Rat Fink
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM

boredengineer
03-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

Should've T-boned him and said you couldn't see where the road was because of the light in your eye......if you didn't care about your car of course.

That would've been priceless.

For some reason I don't think the cops would have admitted to doing such a thing...

Toms-SC
03-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

Should've T-boned him and said you couldn't see where the road was because of the light in your eye......if you didn't care about your car of course.

That would've been priceless.

Great idea Hansel

Rocky
03-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Phase 1: Hit cop car
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

ExOz
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I'd say 90% are great, the other 10% ruin it for the rest. :thumbsup:

Yes the thing to remember as well is your chances of meeting a wanker cop are greater than meeting a decent one, as only a wanker will pull you over for something meaningless. The good cops let normal citizens go about their day unhindered.

stevo 27
03-09-2008, 01:36 AM
cops ALWAYS check the backseat

or mabye it's me wonderful spanish tan :dunno: :rolleyes:

max_boost
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
What's with all these threads........:nut:

old&slow
03-09-2008, 05:47 AM
He's looking for his wife maybe?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Doozer
03-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I haven't had it happen from a police car, but I've had it happen from the police helicopter. It was just before last Christmas, on Crowchild at about 4am. There was only 1 car a little ways ahead of me, and suddenly a light appeared around that car. It stayed on the car for about 5 seconds, and then was gone. Suddenly my whole car was lit up. Stayed for about 5 seconds again, and then moved on.

It didn't really affect my vision because it was from straight above, but it sure surprised the hell out of me.

Antonito
03-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
I haven't had it happen from a police car, but I've had it happen from the police helicopter. It was just before last Christmas, on Crowchild at about 4am. There was only 1 car a little ways ahead of me, and suddenly a light appeared around that car. It stayed on the car for about 5 seconds, and then was gone. Suddenly my whole car was lit up. Stayed for about 5 seconds again, and then moved on.

It didn't really affect my vision because it was from straight above, but it sure surprised the hell out of me.

Are you Asian? Because that's probably the reason

Canmorite
03-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

Are you Asian? Because that's probably the reason

Helicopter pilot was raciest.

Rat Fink
03-09-2008, 06:15 PM

ExOz
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
We recently had a news report on the radio as I was driving home. Apparently there was a police chase and the guy abandoned his car and ran off, and the cops gave chase but lost him. It was near our house but I thought nothing of it.... Then about 10 metres from my house was an un-marked cop car. No big deal. Went inside, told my wife about the chase etc, she was like me, no big deal. Then under ten minutes later we all left the house and driving up the road there were literally dozens of cop cars per street. We were wondering why the fuss for just a car chase. Turns out, as they released three days later, the guy they were chasing had escaped custody and was wanted for millions of dollars of drugs.

Reap
03-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by ExOz
We recently had a news report on the radio as I was driving home. Apparently there was a police chase and the guy abandoned his car and ran off, and the cops gave chase but lost him. It was near our house but I thought nothing of it.... Then about 10 metres from my house was an un-marked cop car. No big deal. Went inside, told my wife about the chase etc, she was like me, no big deal. Then under ten minutes later we all left the house and driving up the road there were literally dozens of cop cars per street. We were wondering why the fuss for just a car chase. Turns out, as they released three days later, the guy they were chasing had escaped custody and was wanted for millions of dollars of drugs.

cool

Euro_Trash
03-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ExOz

Pics of wife?