PDA

View Full Version : transformers looking civic

rollinv4l
03-08-2008, 11:35 AM
look at this civic it looks like something from the transformers. Found this on the club civic website.

rollinv4l
03-08-2008, 11:36 AM
another one

rollinv4l
03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
another pic

Ghettobaby
03-08-2008, 11:38 AM
looks like alot of time and effort went into making that car look ugly. :thumbsdow

2006lancer
03-08-2008, 11:39 AM
it looks like a civic mustang pal.

Dj_Stylz
03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Thats actually the M3 Edition Civic

GenerationX
03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
AUTBOTS,
ROLL OUT

B20EF
03-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby
looks like alot of time and effort went into making that car look ugly. :thumbsdow

:rofl:

1-Bar
03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
T-nations car ?!?

funkedelic
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM
the backwards k in projektz really sets the car off, along with the m3 fender gills, the paint work looks decent, too bad the same can't be said about the owners taste.

BokCh0y
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
At least he doesn't have the BMW emblem to go with those M3 fenders...

ZorroAMG
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow.....someone has euro envy.

dj_rice
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Meh...looks like any other normal Civic out there

sh0ko
03-08-2008, 02:31 PM
w/e helps the guy sleep at nite i guess

jdmakkord
03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Looks about as good as the feels kitted civic hatch in Calgary
:barf:

403Gemini
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Certainly not the worst ive seen, and I applaud the effort that went into this car. Not necessarily my cup of tea but at least its clean.

4lti7ude
03-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Love the flames decals down the side :thumbsup:

teggyR
03-08-2008, 04:17 PM
ricer thread #1842?

EK 2.0
03-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Listen, I was trying to keep the new project under wraps.

But I see it has now been posted. And now that it has, I would like to thank all the people who offered positive comments in this thread.

To all the haters...keep sippin' on your HATERade. You can all hate on my car all you want. But I didn't build the car for you, I built it for me and MY tastes. I love my OEM M3 Fender Grills. I had to overnight those from Munich.

So say what you want...all of you will see how well I clean up at this seasons car shows...

Eleanor
03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
At least it's put together nicely :dunno:

Reap
03-10-2008, 01:15 AM
wow... rice

clockworkboy3
03-10-2008, 01:43 AM
rice-a-roni the sanfransico treat!

LuxCars
03-10-2008, 01:52 AM
its not that bad, i mean all you really need to do is
-remove the body kit
-repaint the car back to its original colour
-remove the fenders and re-install the stock ones
-get rid of the projektz sticker
-re-install the old hood
-re-install the old stock tailights
-remove the most likely loud exhaust
-remove the fake gauge's that actually read the outside air temperature and tell time

-cut his penis off so he has no chance to pass on his genes and taste in modifying cars
-or if its a girl sow her shut or tie her tubes

then were back on track

Pahnda
03-10-2008, 02:01 AM
^

Never realized the importance of a penis in the process of giving/selling clothing to others.

Team_Mclaren
03-10-2008, 02:06 AM
man, 8 years ago everyone would think that its a nice fucking car. Now everyone flames it like its no tomorrow. All the damn hondas now look the same, just look at the honda picture thread. this car looks to be put together really well, the paint, fitment of the kit etc. Just because it's "outdated" now everyone flame it like its the nastiest thing ever. I can name more "unfinished" or none running POS by some of the people here.

LuxCars
03-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Pahnda
^

Never realized the importance of a penis in the process of giving/selling clothing to others.

good eye. fixed.

LuxCars
03-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
man, 8 years ago everyone would think that its a nice fucking car. Now everyone flames it like its no tomorrow. All the damn hondas now look the same, just look at the honda picture thread. this car looks to be put together really well, the paint, fitment of the kit etc. Just because it's "outdated" now everyone flame it like its the nastiest thing ever. I can name more "unfinished" or none running POS by some of the people here.

The point is that it IS outdated and that people now are used to better looking cars with better/cleaner mods. This is the exact reason why people are poking fun at this car. Sure, props to him/her for putting the car together and there might even be a very good chance that he/she didn't even do it themselves, but the colour, enlarged kit and choice of mods are distasteful.

mikestang
03-10-2008, 03:13 AM
i like the paint job/colors used
i HATE decals on any car

it woulda looked better with just pinstriping instead of flames imo

the rest of it im kinda.... i dunno on. I don't know if I like it or hate it lmao

Team_Mclaren
03-10-2008, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars

The point is that it IS outdated and that people now are used to better looking cars with better/cleaner mods. This is the exact reason why people are poking fun at this car. Sure, props to him/her for putting the car together and there might even be a very good chance that he/she didn't even do it themselves, but the colour, enlarged kit and choice of mods are distasteful.

distasteful according to who? you? some random guy on a forum who's never seem the car in person? Since when is YOUR taste better than everyone elses.

Again, what makes it less "better" or "cleaner" than all the other civics out there? It's completely subjective, as far as I can see from the pictures, this car is:
1. complete
2. put together well
3. everything fits, nothing is falling apart

which is more than alot of POS' by some of the members here.

403Gemini
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM

So what's todays style? Look as stock as possible... yet somehow make it look different? People put on a lip now and think their ride is hot shit. :rolleyes:

I give more props to the guys who do custom work or put a lot of time and effort into a vehicle like this than a guy who puts on a lip, sideskirts, lowers his car and puts on rims and yells "My cars jdm y0!"

But maybe thats just me. :dunno: Car enthusiasts have sure changed over the years. It used to be you could drive past a car and KNOW who's car it was from the exterior mods. Fuck now i drive by a civic and they all look the god damned same. Unless i see a giant ass intercooler on a stock civic im not going to even look at it twice.

spikerS
03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
i don't know if EK is being sarcastic or not.....

In my opinion, i think it looks good. while the tribal flames on the rear fenders i am not so keen about, and i think something is needed along the bottom of the door skin, but other than that, it looks really well done. I love the color scheme, and i think the body kit does suit the car.

If this is your car EK, well done, and screw everyone else. you did the car the way you wanted, and to your tastes. :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
To his credit, everything is put together very well. Could do without the flames, 2-tone paint, and the M3 fenders. But I've seen much worse before.

403Gemini
03-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
To his credit, everything is put together very well. Could do without the flames, 2-tone paint, and the M3 fenders. But I've seen much worse before.

:werd:

I think thats the bottem line. Although it's a riced out civic, it's a clean riced out civic. We've all seen worse ;)

aznbryan
03-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby

i agree...... this car is ugly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kloubek
03-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Even back in the day when this would have been considered cool, I would have found it ugly. Now that it is no longer considered cool, I find it ugly.

EK is right though - it's all about personal taste and I commend those who do what they want... regardless of other's opinions.

I think a better approach to the fender flares would have been to connect them somehow in the middle on the door. The fact that they both stop at the door breaks up any fluidity it may have had otherwise.

Truth be known, there is really no addition on this car I like whatsoever. But as others have said - at least it is clean and looks like a pro job rather than a joe job.

LuxCars
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

distasteful according to who? you? some random guy on a forum who's never seem the car in person? Since when is YOUR taste better than everyone elses.

what is your point? i never said or even hinted that my taste is better. But judging by the previous posts and comments on this thread its pretty obvious that people did not like the style. But who cares, I agree, its only our opinion anyway, and our opinion is that we don't like it. As long as the drive of the car is happy, that still shouldn't stop people from having a discussion about the car.

403Gemini,

by the looks of it, todays style is cleaner smoother lines. I haven't really seen any boxy, big kits anymore. Everything seems to fit on the car's nicely.
And in my personal opinion, a lip kit usually looks better than a body kit.

concerning your comparison:
if a person puts on a lip kit, lowers the car, sideskirts and rims there really isn't much of a difference than if a person put on a body kit, lowers the car and throws on some rims. The lip kit is just a little cleaner and fits the car nicer.

EK 2.0
03-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I give more props to the guys who do custom work or put a lot of time and effort into a vehicle like this than a guy who puts on a lip, sideskirts, lowers his car and puts on rims and yells "My cars jdm y0!"

Hey, I do that...

Originally posted by spikers

i don't know if EK is being sarcastic or not.....

If this is your car EK, well done, and screw everyone else. you did the car the way you wanted, and to your tastes. :thumbsup:

Thank you...Are you only saying that though because I can ban you??

Originally posted by Kloubek

EK is right though - it's all about personal taste and I commend those who do what they want... regardless of other's opinions.

But as others have said - at least it is clean and looks like a pro job rather than a joe job.

Do you watch a lot of Spike TV??

2002civic
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
he tries to be original, yet has the most popular/played out rims in the world...motegi mr7's i believe?

403Gemini
03-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic
he tries to be original, yet has the most popular/played out rims in the world...motegi mr7's i believe?

Yeah! who cares if he actually likes them! That shit's played out yo!

shoulda sported the motha fuckin' teddy rims! They so rare, it'll def turn heads!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2005-mustang-gt-tech/22740d1168652826-how-hard-remove-2005-mustang-teddy-bear-wheels.jpg

spikerS
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Thank you...Are you only saying that though because I can ban you??

no, i am just stuck in the past. i have always been a fan of making your car stand out from the rest, and making it your own. today they all look the same, there is not many cars out there that actually make your head swing around for a look when driving down the road.

if i had the time/money/patience, i would be doing the same thing.

03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
See: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/210792/limited-edition-honda-civic-ex-m3/

jgiro403
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Yeah! who cares if he actually likes them! That shit's played out yo!

shoulda sported the motha fuckin' teddy rims! They so rare, it'll def turn heads!

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2005-mustang-gt-tech/22740d1168652826-how-hard-remove-2005-mustang-teddy-bear-wheels.jpg

Oh wow... I think those are worse than those light up rims.... :banghead:

Kloubek
03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Those rims are freakin' hilarious. I just can't see them being properly balanced either.

DNSRadio
03-11-2008, 12:36 PM
its not that bad, i mean all you really need to do is
-remove the body kit
-repaint the car back to its original colour
-remove the fenders and re-install the stock ones
-get rid of the projektz sticker
-re-install the old hood
-re-install the old stock tailights
-remove the most likely loud exhaust
-remove the fake gauge's that actually read the outside air temperature and tell time

-cut his penis off so he has no chance to pass on his genes and taste in modifying cars
-or if its a girl sow her shut or tie her tubes

then were back on track

^^

LuxCars
03-11-2008, 01:20 PM

no, i am just stuck in the past. i have always been a fan of making your car stand out from the rest, and making it your own. today they all look the same, there is not many cars out there that actually make your head swing around for a look when driving down the road.

if i had the time/money/patience, i would be doing the same thing.

Everyday I see at least 10 cars that make me turn my head and none of them look the same.

And im willing to bet that if you were given time/money/ and patience you would not build a car like that.... Let alone a civic

spikerS
03-11-2008, 02:43 PM

And im willing to bet that if you were given time/money/ and patience you would not build a car like that.... Let alone a civic

damn right i would. look under my user name, while i don't have the car anymore, when i bought it, it was with the full intention of doing what EK did.

but thanks for talkin like you know me.

EK 2.0
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah why you still sippin' on ya haterade??

kerry
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
EK 2.0... more than meets the eye.

403Gemini
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM

damn right i would. look under my user name, while i don't have the car anymore, when i bought it, it was with the full intention of doing what EK did.

*cough that's not ek's civic cough* ;)

bashir26
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
There was a Honda based M5 look a life at the 2006 or 2007 SEMA show.

spikerS
03-11-2008, 03:54 PM

*cough that's not ek's civic cough* ;)

lol, true, mine was alot older, but I was trying to find decent body kits and the like to do something similar.

403viet
03-11-2008, 04:12 PM
WOW that civic is a piece of shit so ugly...:guns:

climer
03-11-2008, 05:10 PM
The car looks confusing to me. There are too many components which take away from the car. The M3-like fenders, the pin striping, the paint job, the eyeliners, the body kit, etc.

I think it'd look ok with one or maybe two of those features but all of them combined are a little heavy on the eyes.

BTW, the body kit looks out of place since the lower portion doesn't flow into the doors. Who approved that design?!

turbo4dr
03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Well I would Drive it :D

LuxCars
03-11-2008, 05:27 PM

-Well i know your a male,
-live in calgary
-Used to have an 89 civic with a rough shape body and good mechanical sound (mainly cause you did all the work rebuilding it)
-Work for telus
-very attractive

spikerS
03-11-2008, 08:51 PM

-very attractive

see you know nothing about me!

Newfiedan
03-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Like it or hate it guys its like the dude said, he did it to his own taste, the whole point of customization is to make the car what you want, now wether or not people agree is entirely up to them. Some people do not like what I did to my car either but I did it because I liked it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2991746 if you want to see what I have done to date.

Spatz
03-18-2008, 09:43 PM
those m3 fenders must give it an extra 20hp.

treg50
03-18-2008, 09:43 PM
It doesn't look like a Transformer. If it did that would be cool.

LuxCars
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Newfiedan
Like it or hate it guys its like the dude said, he did it to his own taste, the whole point of customization is to make the car what you want, now wether or not people agree is entirely up to them. Some people do not like what I did to my car either but I did it because I liked it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2991746 if you want to see what I have done to date.

i dont get it. all you've done is install new headlights and bolt on a cold air intake. Your car still looks clean/stock and there's nothing to judge....except the fact that its clean :thumbsup:

-KiTtY- boo
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
heres a transformers car, well it looks like one on the inside... sorry the pics may not be that great.... but it was really dark in there!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/-kitty-boo/P7300068-1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/-kitty-boo/P7300072-1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/-kitty-boo/P7300073-1.jpg

Annddd.... his pocket bike

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/-kitty-boo/P7300074-1.jpg

Team_Mclaren
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM

i dont get it. all you've done is install new headlights and bolt on a cold air intake. Your car still looks clean/stock and there's nothing to judge....except the fact that its clean :thumbsup:

you keep saying that its not "clean", "nice" etc. But really, what determines clean and nice? its completely your preference over anyone else's. Do I think its "clean"? well yes its not "dirty". Is it "nice", well yes, the kit is fitted nicely and the paint is good and original. But that's all subjective, who are you to judge whats "nice", "clean", "on track"?

xenofire
03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
you call that a transformer?

how about this beauty i saw leaving the Tokyo airport
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/xenofire1/P2270551.jpg

Destinova403
03-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by xenofire
you call that a transformer?

how about this beauty i saw leaving the Tokyo airport

you mean the huge truck things? or am i completely missing somthing...

Newfiedan
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
what I was refering to was how the headlights look on the car, a lot of people don't like how it looks. Me personally I like it and think that it gives an updated appearance to the front end especially when combined with the euro clear front corner lenses.

AG_Styles
03-20-2008, 10:21 PM
the consensus nowadays is that some stock car in japan = customization in North America. although japanese cars do look cleaner, it doesn't still justify the madness that has gripped every poser that if it's not "JDM" it's considered "rice".

cars are customized for the owner, not for ppl to look at imo. so what if someone you dont know doesn't like it. they're not the one paying for it.

and as for why customize a civic, i sold my 91 M5 to modify a civic. i happen to like how easy and cheap it is to modify and maintain a civic as compared to an overhyped luxury car brand that i never bothered tracking. 2k for brake maintanence, no thx. and i ended up tracking my civic since i didn't have to worry about breaking anything.

Daan
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
wow, it transforms into a piece of shit

http://i27.tinypic.com/200z59z.jpg

civicman
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
As long as it makes him happy thats all that matters...the haters don't have to drive it!lol

b18cr
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
woaaa, bodywork is ammmazing, those shaved side moudlings, wide body fenders and moulded bumpers, and the fitment of everything, IMO change that front bumper and the white flames on the side and the car wouldn't be that bad..

it is out-dated tho, like team_mclaren said 8 years ago ricers were the shiet, conversions were all over the place. now its all JDM

spikerS
03-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Daan
wow, it transforms into a piece of shit

I can't believe you took the time out of your call of duty 4 playing time to tape a piece of fake dog shit to your monitor and post it up.

on second look, i can't tell if that is a pic on the screen, or the real thing lol.