PDA

View Full Version : used veggie oil car

japancar
03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Anyone modified their diesel to burn used vegetable oil? At Japan Car Exports, we're offering kits to modify certain JDM diesels. With the price of gas going higher day-by-day, the SOV car will soon be a common sight.

SOV engines differ from the ethanol burning engines, since ethanol is a virgin fuel while the used veggie oil is just that: used. The image of the two types of engines are often confused.

sneek
03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Sounds like it would be a fun project to take part in...but how much $ would it take? I also thought that it wasn't as pleasant to start in the winter.

japancar
04-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by sneek
Sounds like it would be a fun project to take part in...but how much $ would it take? I also thought that it wasn't as pleasant to start in the winter.

Here in Japan its about 1300bucks for the conversion kit. It does depend on the engine but that's the rough price.

megavolt
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Don't think very many people import JDM diesels over to NA... But what do the kits contain? Are they equipped for cold-weather driving (tank/line heaters so that the SVO doesn't gel)?

zipdoa
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
My friends cousin has a Jetta TDI that runs off it, and gets it for free from fast food resteraunts around town.

BlackFyre
04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by megavolt
Don't think very many people import JDM diesels over to NA... But what do the kits contain? Are they equipped for cold-weather driving (tank/line heaters so that the SVO doesn't gel)?

There's plenty of Hilux Surf Turbo Diesel's in Calgary alone

ryanallan
04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
what modifications are necessary ?