PDA

View Full Version : Mudder/Taper info

Scoots McGee
03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey all,

I'm finishing off my basement and need a mudder/taper. Would any of you know of anyone that would be available?

Also, what is the average cost one would expect for:

- 700 sq ft area
- sprayed ceilings
- rounded corners

Any tips I should know? :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

Scoots

danno
03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
my mom's boyfriend is one. send me your number and i'll pass the info along.

codetrap
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
I called one outfit and they quoted me just under $3G for 800 sq. I ended up doing it myself, and had it turn out reasonably well I think. Total cost for mudding/taping was only around $300ish I think, including all the tools to do it.

barmanjay
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I can do it

When i worked for bigger drywall contracting outfits, they used to bypass the cookie cutter homes and send me to the mil+ custom homes

I would have to come ans see and I can give you a very reasonable/comparible quote.

mo_money2supe
03-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I actually had very similar specs as yours for my basement. I bought all the rounded corners myself and had cut them to the right sizes myself. Total costs for everything (including carpeting - just the labour) came out to $2500. However, they contractor didn't do the best job with ensuring the walls were completely flat, so a better job may cost a little more. BUT, keep in mind, I did pay for carpet laying as well, so subtract that from the cost.

As for tips, make sure you visually inspect every inch of the walls before passing it off. Shining a bright light from behind you, I found, worked really well. I just wish I paid more careful attention to the "flatness" of the walls though.

Kobe
03-09-2008, 10:27 PM
It also helps if the drywalls do a good job before and put the screws in right ahead of time :)
Something to keep an eye out for... Taping a house seems very easy, but I would not recommend it...

Scoots McGee
03-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone,

I got a taper that is available for a really reasonable cost. The total for everything is $1900. I'm really happy of that.

Thanks for the replies and tips. I appreciate it.

Scoots

dmtx
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
^^ hey, let us know what the quality of his work like when he's done. I need someone to do that for my basement too. thanks!