PDA

View Full Version : Ticket for license "not securely attached"

wiggaplz
03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Anyway to get out of this one?

Honestly, cant believe I got one for that. He may of gave it to me for a broken tail light that I had...which I didn't fix...yet. But anyway, can I get out of this one?

Help appreciated fellas.

Thaco
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
might help if you actually explained the situation, "not securely attached" really doesn't tell us fuck all.

Graham_A_M
03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
EDIT: I think I may be wrong about that rule; so I'll stay out of this:(

dj_rice
03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Wiggaplz

Thaco
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
if it's a broken tail light, just go in and tell the JP it had just happened that day and you didn't know it was broken, and you had it fixed right after you got the ticket because that's when you found it was broken, they'll likely drop it.

Wehbeast
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
got pulled over for a broken tail light before. i told him i ordered one off the net and it was on its way and he just gave me a warning

Spoons
03-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I am guessing that the ticket is for your license being cracked, etc. (AKA not securely attached) :dunno:

If so you can get a ticket for it, and you need a new license.

TegLover
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
I am guessing that the ticket is for your license being cracked, etc. (AKA not securely attached) :dunno:

If so you can get a ticket for it, and you need a new license.

have you like never seen a license plate before? What are you from Mars? :zzz:

Kloubek
03-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Broken license or license plate?

Details boy... details!

Spoons
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by TegLover

have you like never seen a license plate before? What are you from Mars? :zzz:

Well I mean when you only say "license" it could be either or. And since normally if I am talking about my drivers license, I just say license, license plate as license plate. Why what the hell do you call your license?

Destinova403
03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
i presume you could just "securely attach" the plate and then go in and tell them your plate is fine now and hope they drop the ticket.

tom_9109
03-10-2008, 08:17 AM
If its for a license plate and it didn't fall off, one could probably argue successfully that it was attached securely. Had it actually ben 'not securely attached' it would have fallen off.

gofastmerc
03-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Best thread ever.

:thumbsup:

rmk
03-10-2008, 10:36 AM
This is clearly due to racism.

The Cosworth
03-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by rmk

that is what I was thinking too

dennisaur
03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by rmk

:werd:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ridiculars raceists!

2EFNFAST
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I see this guy in a toyota Soarer all the time driving like he's big pimpin' with his plate held on by zip ties :rofl:

rc2002
03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
You might be surprised if you go to argue this one. The JP has access to see the cops' notes for the ticket so if he was being a dick or just plain didn't like you, he could've written some pretty nasty stuff about you.

The JP didn't do dick all for me the time I got an asshole cop. He said because of the officer's notes he couldn't do much for me.

TegLover
03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Well I mean when you only say "license" it could be either or. And since normally if I am talking about my drivers license, I just say license, license plate as license plate. Why what the hell do you call your license?

Right, because it's very obvious and hazardous when your Drivers License is not securely attached to you wallet, cardholders or pockets. :rolleyes:

I call my license my license but I also tend to think outside the box from time to time :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
03-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I chain my wallet to my pants, and every card is then chained to the wallet..

f150mikey060
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I see this guy in a toyota Soarer all the time driving like he's big pimpin' with his plate held on by zip ties :rofl:

mine is held on by zip ties :rofl:

BoS_DC2
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Mine was too until I got replacement bolts.

Zip-ties work dawg, I drove back and forth from Calgary to Vancouver, those bitches held my plates in place.

canuckcarguy
03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
If its for a license plate and it didn't fall off, one could probably argue successfully that it was attached securely. Had it actually ben 'not securely attached' it would have fallen off.

huh? Does that mean you can't get charged with dangerous driving unless somebody gets hurt, or truckers can't get charged with improperly secured loads unless they end up strewn all over the highway? I can't imagine that's a great defense.

He didn't get charged with driving without a license plate, he got charged with driving with an improperly secured license plate. Presumably, if your defense was valid, we'd only have the first charge on the books, and not the second?