PDA

View Full Version : Me vs Stupidity in a Jetta

terror
08-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Just witnessed one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.
I am driving home from the office in my 540. I come to a red light on Macleod trail N and about 50 St (Calgary)

I am in the middle lane, a POS in the left and a new White Jetta (1.8T I think) in the right lane. It has dark tinted windows and aftermarket wheels (BBS ?) that are 17" or 18", with 40 or 45 series tires. Car looks new and clean. Light changed to green. POS car in the left guns it pretty good. I go to half throttle so as not get behind his junk. Jetta goes hrd too. but we are not really racing, just keeping pace.

Keep in mind, this road is pretty heavy with traffic, and it is rush hour. I then notice the Jetta step on it. I push deeper into the throttle to keep pace. Don't like getting cut off if that is what he has in mind. I switch to the left lane (POS is now far behind). Jetta switches to the middle.
As we approach a truck in the middle lane, my lane is wide open, the far right is also wide open. Jetta cuts quickly right to go around the slower truck. There is now another red light coming up, with traffic lined up, stopped.

Now, you must follow carefully and try to picture this:
Cars in the left (my lane) are stopped. There is only 5 or 6 in line. Cars in the middle lane are stopped, but the line is way longer, maybe 20 cars. The last car is line is not a car, but a dump truck. Cars in the right lane are stopped, maybe 10 cars.
As Jetta boy cuts around to the right of the slow moving truck in the middle lane, he also decides to gun it and try to go back left across two lanes and get in front of me. From his lane, I am sure all he could see was the ass end of the stopped dump truck in the middle. He guns it and goes across two lanes, and cuts in front of me, narrowly missing the front right of my car and the back left of the dump truck.

We were moving a a pretty good pace already, but he sped up even more. Big mistake. I was already on the brakes because the cars in my lane were stopped. He was still accelerating around the truck. When he got into my lane (left) he sees the stopped traffic and slams the brakes. He never had a hope of stopping in time. I estimate his speed at 100 Km/hr + when he hit the brakes.
He may have slowed to mavbe 40 km/hr when he got to the last car in line, a half ton truck. To idiot Jetta boys credit, he did not slam into the back of the truck. At the last possible moment, he cranks the car to the left and goes onto the concrete divider (at least an 8" curb). This is not good for wheels and low profile tires, not to mention the suspension of a Jetta
He drives along this until the turning lane begins, and stops for the red light. As I roll by, I can see his front right tire is flat, and the wheel does not look good. If the right is flat, I can only imagine what the left looked like, as it took the full force of the curb impact.
This will be an expensive lesson, but thankfully no one was hurt by this clown.
Definite suspension damage, wheel damage, probably tires too.
Those wheels looked expensive......

ZorroAMG
08-05-2003, 06:22 PM
FD??????

Ben
08-05-2003, 06:28 PM
describe what the car looks like in more detail please.

Tinted Tail Lights? Type of wheel? (multi spoke or 5 spoke) Custom Plate?

ZorroAMG
08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
White guy? With Glasses? Sheesh I sure hope it's not......

ryder_23
08-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Hope its not peter.

ecstasy_civic
08-05-2003, 06:45 PM
thats the first thing i thought halfway through reading.

ramminghard
08-05-2003, 06:53 PM
this the car?

http://www.newveedub.com/fluidicdigital/month%20of%20may%20-%20my%20car/may-car-06.jpg

terror
08-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Nope, that is not it.
Multi-spoke wheels, dark black windows (all 5), didn't notice plate if it was custom.
Looked like a white guy, but I didn't get a good look.
I think the tailights were smoked, but cannot be sure. There was a lot happening.
Nothing else stood out on the car. No wing or body kit. Just the wheels looked aftermarket, and maybe a DTM type muffler. Pure white car though.

ZorroAMG
08-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Phew!!!

terror
08-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Could have been a Wolfsburg Edition. I think they came with BBS's.

mad_psyentist
08-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Man, what a putz. In my opinion, he deserved the damage to his car. Hopefully this was NOT one of the members of the forum in the VW. Arg, if so, he should hang his head in shame... damaging his own ride to get ahead one spot in a line of cars. Idiot.

Khyron
08-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Don't think he's in the VW clubs - only 1 white (FD) that I know of.

Sounds like a putz, a good trip to alberta wheel sounds like sweet justice.

Khyron

Ben
08-05-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm not familiar with a white Jetta with BBS's...

Ah well...

Kona9
08-05-2003, 10:02 PM
"damaging his ride"? wtf if he is going to drive like that ......fuck his ride what about the people he almost hurt. He's lucky he had the option to damage his car and his car only. if i was the guy in the truck or TERROR I would want to feed his flat tire and rim to him as a snack just for being that close to wreckin me and my shit. I bet he feels like a tard for being that stupid but getting out and making sure he feels dumb is super cool..

Fluidic
08-06-2003, 04:06 AM
Oh fuck guys... come on... you all should know me well enough that I don't drive like a fucking chimp!

:D

mwmhong
08-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Should've stopped and given the Jetta guy a standing ovation! :clap:

Encore! Encore!

Z24
08-16-2003, 11:36 AM
serves him right, I hate crazy drivers that has no care about any one else on the road

Fluidic
08-16-2003, 02:02 PM
10-day's later....

Just looking for threads to post in dude? lol

Peter