PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work for fido? looking for a specific phone number.

Thaco
03-10-2008, 09:36 AM
First off, i have phoned Fido and requested one out of a range of numbers, they don't have any available, i just wanted to know if anybody here works for Fido and could set up any sort of notification to let me know if one of the requested numbers becomes available. Fido suggested I phone back every couple weeks to see if any become available, but I'd rather not sit on hold for 20 minutes each time just for them to say no.

And i'm not in any rush to get it, obviously the sooner the better, but i'm willing to wait like 6 months for the right number. If i take a different number, can i change numbers later? is it free/easy to change the number? This phone will only be used for outgoing calls for the first while anyways, so the specific number isn't important to have right away.

98type_r
03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately for you, there is no such thing as a notification when a number becomes available. The only thing for you to do is to call customer service and request a number change, go through all the paces and see if your number is available.
Was this a cancelled number, or a number from a certain range that has yet to be released? If it was cancelled then generally the number is held for 90 days before being re-released. That's the Rogers policy, I don't know if it's the same with Fido, but I would expect it to be.
As far as changing the number, it's really easy to do, but they will charge you $25 to change your number.

Thaco
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah, i figured that would be the response, i was just hoping there was an easier way, it's a range that's already out, and has been for 4 years now.

is there a way the rep can see if a # has been canceled and when it would be up for the 90 day thing to be re-released?

Thanks

98type_r
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
well they can look it up to see when it was cancelled, add 90 days and that's when you're up.
pm me the number and i'll see if i can look it up for you

Thaco
03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
pm'd thanks!

FreakinPrince
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
i don't mean to be nosy but does this speific number have a speical meaning? or are you just trying to get this number that means something?

Thaco
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by FreakinPrince
i don't mean to be nosy but does this speific number have a speical meaning? or are you just trying to get this number that means something?

no, i just have 3 numbers that are very similar, i'd like a 4th