PDA

View Full Version : IMPARK info please....

GQBalla
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
okay so impark has sent me a notice to pay them for all my impark tickets....

it says its a final notice before they send me to collections...

what should i do? just pay it and not worry about my name in collections or just to not pay it?

G-ZUS
03-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Collections can't do shit except harrass you. I have tickets unpaid from them from like a couple years ago, got some letters but my credit is only getting better

Kloubek
03-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't think they can do anything to your credit when they take you to collections. But do you really want creditors calling you acting like assholes and bitches? Do you want them to tow and impound your car the next time you park illegally rather than just give you another ticket?

Sometimes it's better just to bite it and pay your fines.

GQBalla
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
well can't collections hurt your credit?

like what i understood is that IMPARK can't get your personal info but your license plate and not to park in that lot again if youve gotten a ticket.

but now they sent a notice to my home with my name and everything.

swak
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
imparks the biggest joke... I used to scam the system all the time until they changed the type of parking machines... Got caught once while in work uniform.. and the bugger brought it to my boss not knowing that hes the one that told me the secret lol...

They guys like I GOT U ON CAMERA PHONE
cops gonna arrest you b*tch...
I just laughed and parked.

but no impark cant do s- to your credit

swak
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
imparks the biggest joke... I used to scam the system all the time until they changed the type of parking machines... Got caught once while in work uniform.. and the bugger brought it to my boss not knowing that hes the one that told me the secret lol...

2EFNFAST
03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
if it goes to collections it affects your credit. Jeese, is everybody 14 on this forum?:confused:

dropdat
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I owe Impark probably close to $2000 now, every single ticket is from the same parking lot (on 8th, a block away from td, behind the citytv building). Not only have I never been towed, and I park there almost everytime I need to go downtown, they have still not taken me to collections after years of threatening notices.

They're a joke, don't take them seriously.

GQBalla
03-11-2008, 08:12 AM
werd^^ they havent taken you to collections so have they sent you a actual notice to your own home?

ahha thats what worries me whatever ill just pay it

Reap
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
haha i have two tickets from than
no big deal, nothing's happened

DeeK
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I have hundreds of tickets from them, I've been sent to "collections" a few times from them.. It's all just talk. They don't actually send you to collections, I confirmed with my accountant, bank, and anyone else that has access to my credit.

Don't take them seriously.

Palmiros
03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Depending on the amount of the tickets, and your financial standing; If you can afford you can afford to pay them, pay them. I work in an environment where I have to send people to collections due to non-payment for extended periods of time. It's all fun and games; you get plenty of notices, warnings, heck, sometimes the file sits there for a while, but when it finally gets sent to collections, its a done deal.
Just to clarify, collection agencies, can and will fuck up your credit if you do not pay them.
In my situation though, I sometimes have to deal with people that don't really care about their credit score; their credit is so low, why even bother paying anymore. I've never had to deal with Impark, therefore I don't know if they're actually serious about the collections or not; but why take an unnecessary risk?
If it's a couple hundred bucks I'd recommend paying it. You wouldn't want to find out 10 years down the road that you can't get a mortgage loan because you haven't paid your parking tickets. Just my 2 cents. :)

dropdat
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I have gotten notices claiming that they are going to take me to collections, but a collection agency has not yet been in contact. My credit score has only gotten better over the years. If they were to actually take the next step, I would most definately pay, I just see no need at this point.

I have never missed/been late to make a payment on anything. Nor have I ever neglected to pay a real parking ticket. I just see no need to pay Impark.

Wehbeast
03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by dropdat
I have gotten notices claiming that they are going to take me to collections, but a collection agency has not yet been in contact. My credit score has only gotten better over the years. If they were to actually take the next step, I would most definately pay, I just see no need at this point.

I have never missed/been late to make a payment on anything. Nor have I ever neglected to pay a real parking ticket. I just see no need to pay Impark.

:werd: you dont sign anything with impark to park there and they don't have your SIN #, got a couple tickets #'s of years ago, got threatened by their "collections agency". My credit never suffered, I just got a mortgage recently too.

GQBalla
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
you dont sign anything to park on city of calgarys parking lots either though....

kevie88
03-12-2008, 10:10 AM
They can't send it to a collection agency because they have no LEGAL RIGHT to be issuing tickets to anyone. They are not a recognized police force or parking authority.

If you get a call from Impark, offer to pay the hourly rate ($7 or so usually). They will almost always accept. Be sure to explain to them that they are not a recognized police force and do not have te right to send you to a collection agency.

FreakinPrince
03-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
you dont sign anything to park on city of calgarys parking lots either though....

if that's the case then i shouldn't even be paying anything hourly at all? ..i just go and park in the lot and get tickets and notice and not worry about it?

JMaj7
03-12-2008, 10:26 AM
i got a city ticket at the impark lot yesterday - $40 bux - i just threw away all the blue imparks ones i got but they somehow got me a city one -

it doesn't effect your credit but if you do it too much you can get towed and get a city ticket - it will cost u about $110 -

you have to pay the city tickets or else you wont be able to get any registry services when they are overdue

hope this helps

rawsensation
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
i don't know if there's any truth to this but what a classmate of mine does is everytime he gets a shitload of these impark tickets and he dosen't pay them he goes to his registy to change his license plate once a year to avoid them paying them, has anyone else tried this know if it works?

rp_guy
03-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by swak

what do you do? i'm assuming u mean the old yellow machines?