PDA

View Full Version : Lexus IS-f Pricing finally released.. cheaper than M3, RS4, C63

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Considering the vehicles release date is tomorrow it was nice to see this.

MSRP for the standard package is $64,400
If you decide you want Nav, back up camera, bluetooth MSRP is $68500. These prices do not include freight, pdi, air tax, tire tax, gst, etc.

KoukiS14
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
not too bad at all

:hitit: if i had the cash

ryanallan
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
are these american prices ?

i know they are not in the same class, but for 70k usd i would rather have a GTR

ricefarmer
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
link?

rc2002
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan
are these american prices ?

i know they are not in the same class, but for 70k usd i would rather have a GTR

These sound like Canadian prices. I would take an IS-F over the GTR any day. Lexus service is unmatched - you'd never have to argue for warranty or bother with special order parts.

riander
03-11-2008, 06:59 PM
But the GTR would beat you down performance wise :D

rc2002
03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Without a question. But the extra performance isn't worth that much to me. I'd rather be pampered if I'm paying that kind of coin.

E36M3
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
If those are Canadian prices, then wow, what a steal. That is the price of a fully loaded 335i E92.

Have you driven one yet?

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Considering the vehicles release date is tomorrow it was nice to see this.

MSRP for the standard package is $64,400
If you decide you want Nav, back up camera, bluetooth MSRP is $68500. These prices do not include freight, pdi, air tax, tire tax, gst, etc.

riander
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Without a question. But the extra performance isn't worth that much to me. I'd rather be pampered if I'm paying that kind of coin.
I'd take either who am i kidding

Hakkola
03-11-2008, 07:43 PM
For a car that can't touch the M3, RS4, or C63 in performance, I would hope it would be cheaper.

Is anyone actually surprised?

max_boost
03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
That's an excellent price! All they all pre-sold? I would love to get my hands on a premium used one since I can't afford new car depreciation :nut: I'm guessing they will go for somewhere in the mid 50's after 1 year. :hitit:

E36M3
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
If they were anywhere near the price of the M3, RS4 or C63, they wouldn't sell a single one, but to get close to the price of a 335i definitely makes it worth consideration.

Plus, if you live in Calgary, you don't have to deal with the arrogant pricks at the BMW dealerships (of course, maybe they all don't suck ie. Malcolm, but holy shit has my experience ever been horrible)

Originally posted by Hakkola
For a car that can't touch the M3, RS4, or C63 in performance, I would hope it would be cheaper.

Is anyone actually surprised?

Fuji
03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
If they were anywhere near the price of the M3, RS4 or C63, they wouldn't sell a single one, but to get close to the price of a 335i definitely makes it worth consideration.

Plus, if you live in Calgary, you don't have to deal with the arrogant pricks at the BMW dealerships (of course, maybe they all don't suck ie. Malcolm, but holy shit has my experience ever been horrible)

Agreed. I went to BMW and felt like a douchebag for just walking into the place. They treated me like shit like I couldn't afford it, not to mention the sales guy didnt even call me back to let me know allocations and if i could order one...

I will never buy a BMW. I'd rather buy 10000x pairs of nikes

Xtrema
03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
It's $60K USD will ALL options.

Ours starts at $64K stripped.

I think it's $5K too much but I guess the exclusivity and the fact that both BMW and MB keep screwing Canadians justifies it.

E36M3
03-11-2008, 09:08 PM
No kidding. I can't believe I gave them a cent.. they are ridiculous. Such great cars, and yet the dealerships (in Calgary) are so shitty that it almost made me buy something else. I even went to Mercedes to try to find something similar, and really wanted to buy something because they were so great to deal with, but in the end the BMW cars are just too compelling (the 335i is a steal).

Buying used from Kulu Motorcar is the only way to go I guess.

Originally posted by Fuji

Agreed. I went to BMW and felt like a douchebag for just walking into the place. They treated me like shit like I couldn't afford it, not to mention the sales guy didnt even call me back to let me know allocations and if i could order one...

I will never buy a BMW. I'd rather buy 10000x pairs of nikes

spyce
03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
damnit and i thought i would be able to post this info coming back from the auto show tonight!
was able to talk to steve and les and was surprised its coming in under 70k fully loaded!

s5 has now been pushed out of the picture lol

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ricefarmer
link?
No link.. this is insider information.. everything will be on the Lexus site in the AM, this is CND pricing.

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
It's $60K USD will ALL options.

Ours starts at $64K stripped.

I think it's $5K too much but I guess the exclusivity and the fact that both BMW and MB keep screwing Canadians justifies it.
There are only 2 packages.. the first package is not really stripped you just dont get Nav and the associated electronics that come with it.. the US starts at just over 56K, vs the Canadians 64K, by the time you pay your duty, state tax, the cost to bring the car up here and get it inspected for Canadian roads its not worth it. There are lots of complimentary services that come with purchasing a car from a local dealer. :)

Hakkola, look me up when the cars hit the showrooms, I think you might take back what you say about the performance.. the car is a great little machine..

Redlyne_mr2
03-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by spyce
damnit and i thought i would be able to post this info coming back from the auto show tonight!
was able to talk to steve and les and was surprised its coming in under 70k fully loaded!

s5 has now been pushed out of the picture lol
Oh yah right on, Steve has one coming for him to drive, how was V&V, I really wanted to go but i had to head up to Edmonton for training.

spyce
03-11-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh yah right on, Steve has one coming for him to drive, how was V&V, I really wanted to go but i had to head up to Edmonton for training.

V&V was awesome. So many cars to check out. The M3 there was alright. Probably would have looked better instead of being in the Jerez Black.

The guy at the BMW both was trying to sell me on the M and later saw me looking at the IS-F (went back multiple times to look at it) and he gave me a 'BMW is better' lol

I was seriously looking at the S5 to become my next car in a couple of years. Great styling, manual transmission (high on my list), AWD, and a coupe. The only thing was the price which comes in at just over $70k fully loaded.

Having the IS-F come in at $68k is unbelievable and has definitely shifted the weight a bit in terms of what to get. I definitely love the treatment I get from Lexus already knowing Steve and Al really well. So that price and the additional power is something very very intriguing. Plus the fact that the bulge in the hood from the V8 I didnt like before is defniitely not that noticable at all in person

IS-F :hitit:

benyl
03-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Malcolm is the only reason I bought another BMW. The guy in the finance office was the biggest douche. His condescending tone was brutal. The dealerships here in Calgary are not helpful at all.

The C63, IS-F, Evo X, STi, M3 etc... were not available in December when we needed a car. 335i it was.

I don't think we will get another BMW anytime soon. Not unless the local dealers and BMW Canada start treating their customers better. Especially the lowly 3 series owners. I bet they treat 7 series buyers like their shit doesn't stink.

The ISF is nice on paper, but I can't stand all the bulges on the car. It is kind of a mish mash or after thought in the design department.

Originally posted by E36M3

bashir26
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
^^ Funny. If I could afford both I would buy the 335i over the 7 series. The 335i looks more appealing to me. Plus with the option of having a turbo setup. The possibilities are endless!

Good job on your purchase Benyl

blownz
03-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Kind of funny how the new M3 is cheaper than the IS-F in the US but in Canada it is the other way around. Lexus/Toyota have definitely been doing the best job of narrowing the US/CDN price gap. Others really better start to take notice.

This must really piss off some IS350 owners that just spent mid 60's last year on an 07. lol

And I'm still not a huge fan of the styling on them and sitting in it I wasn't overly impressed either. The white carbon fiber or whatever it is supposed to be doesn't look as good as I was expecting. But I would kill for a test drive.

spyce
03-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by blownz
Kind of funny how the new M3 is cheaper than the IS-F in the US but in Canada it is the other way around. Lexus/Toyota have definitely been doing the best job of narrowing the US/CDN price gap. Others really better start to take notice.

This must really piss off some IS350 owners that just spent mid 60's last year on an 07. lol

And I'm still not a huge fan of the styling on them and sitting in it I wasn't overly impressed either. The white carbon fiber or whatever it is supposed to be doesn't look as good as I was expecting. But I would kill for a test drive.

Im still pissed for what I paid for my car in 06!

However the 'plus' side is that Lexus is one of the few car companies that have really tried to lower the price differential between here and the US on their cars which is really good for any potential future car someone might decide to purchase from them.

68k fully loaded...damnit!:banghead:

rc2002
03-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by blownz

:werd: Another couple of reasons why I would buy the Lexus. For me, BMW is completely out of the running because of their BS pricing and anti-importing attitude. They don't have to match US prices but if they followed Lexus and lowered prices enough that it wasn't worth it to import, they'd have a lot more sales, a lot more satisfied customers, and no class-action law suits.

Daft99
03-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Test driving the IS-F was definately a bit of fun! Though after sitting in as a passenger, and driving the IS-F - I don't think it would be the first car on my list considering the many other options available.

Xtrema
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Daft99
Test driving the IS-F was definately a bit of fun! Though after sitting in as a passenger, and driving the IS-F - I don't think it would be the first car on my list considering the many other options available.

We already know backseat is small. But was the ride too rough?

Altezza
03-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow, cheap, cheap. This changes things a bit. Looks like I'll probably look at picking up another Lexus.

Pricing available on lexus.ca this morning.

Xtrema
03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Altezza
Wow, cheap, cheap. This changes things a bit. Looks like I'll probably look at picking up another Lexus.

Pricing available on lexus.ca this morning.

Wow 9% lease or finance. Guess they expect everyone to show up with cash.

max_boost
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
^^^

HELOC! 5.25% (for now at least) :thumbsup:

I know Altezza will buy one so I'll just borrow his! :D

gpomp
03-12-2008, 10:13 PM
how much is the C63?

treg50
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
also, are we comparing to the price of the M3 sedan?

Daft99
03-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

We already know backseat is small. But was the ride too rough?

I would not necessarily say that the ride was too rough - and I would definitely not say that it was too 'cushy'.

My biggest problem with the vehicle, was that the overall setup was not precise and sharp enough to compete with a 3 series BMW (M3), nor was it refined enough to remind you that you are in fact, driving a Lexus.

Please bear in mind that this was on a Lexus set-up track, with only a few turns, and 2 hairpins. You could only really lay it into the throttle for a maximum of 150-200ft before you needed to start breaking for the next turn, and in that short of a distance you really cannot extract a well derived opinion its speed and full acceleration.

On a side - the upgraded styling for the IS-F did not strike me a something I would consider beautiful, or striking, or even very pleasing to the eye in relation to a simple IS350.

I think the car could prove to do some amazing things given the opportunity on a real track, and I do believe that Lexus has achieved what it set out to do with the IS F.

If I were to be in the market for a vehicle in this class (C63, M3, IS F) - I would rank the IS F last for a true enthusiast looking to impress on the streets during the week, and wanting to track a car hard on the weekends. I would rank the IS F first for someone who is looking for a daily commuter car with lots of pep, is a frequent spirited driver, and is not looking for BMW type precision in road feel and handling.

Please take the above opinion with more than a pinch of salt, as I have zero personal experience with either the AMG or the new M.

Would I purchase one? If I was waitlisted on the new M3 for over a year, I would definitely consider looking at an IS F for some interim fun.

spyce
03-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by treg50
also, are we comparing to the price of the M3 sedan?

Well the coupe base was $71.5k or so. But the model they were showing at the auto show here came out to $83k

I remember there was a thread on the pricing of the sedan before and I think (best guess) is it would be $3-5k cheaper than a coupe would be.

So the IS-F still undercuts the pricing of the M by $10k (assuming you load it up to the same specs and features in the IS-F), which is really what Lexus had to do with this car. Especially being its first attempt and all.

403Gemini
03-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

:werd: Another couple of reasons why I would buy the Lexus. For me, BMW is completely out of the running because of their BS pricing and anti-importing attitude. They don't have to match US prices but if they followed Lexus and lowered prices enough that it wasn't worth it to import, they'd have a lot more sales, a lot more satisfied customers, and no class-action law suits.

Not to mention Lexus reliability is nearly untouchable... i cant believe im saying i'd choose a lexus over a bmw since im pro euro for luxury but Lexus is not only reliable, but its insanely affordable and the looks of the IS 250 / 350 are GORGEOUS

bspot
03-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Not to mention Lexus reliability is nearly untouchable... i cant believe im saying i'd choose a lexus over a bmw since im pro euro for luxury but Lexus is not only reliable, but its insanely affordable and the looks of the IS 250 / 350 are GORGEOUS

Not affordable at all if performance enters the equation.

teggypimp95
03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet. But there flappy padel system looks horrible. Never been a fan of this car IMO. But to each there own.

Cq4Fnt5ohWk

Xtrema
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Not affordable at all if performance enters the equation.

Consider a loaded C350 is $55K and a loaded IS350 is a couple grand more, I don't think it's that affordable.

JordanAndrew
03-13-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www3.telus.net/public/rarmada/Jordan/4.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/rarmada/Jordan/5.jpg

I saw this car in the auto show and holy is it ever sexy. Definitely looking into this for a next car to purchase.
:drool:

herragge
03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Saw it at the auto show too. Should be a great start to Lexus' entry in the performane car category. I personally like the car a lot, but the front end could use a bit of tweaking.

gd3_kid
03-13-2008, 06:45 PM
i read a test, and in case you didn't know....those quad stacked exhausts aren't even connected to the exhaust system!!!
They are actually part of the rear facsia!!!
apparantly, the exhaust tips are pea sized.

IMO, that doesn't seem like a design choice that would be applied on a 65,000+ performance vehicle

lol

still, i think this car is absolute sex

Redlyne_mr2
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by gd3_kid
i read a test, and in case you didn't know....those quad stacked exhausts aren't even connected to the exhaust system!!!
They are actually part of the rear facsia!!!
apparantly, the exhaust tips are pea sized.

IMO, that doesn't seem like a design choice that would be applied on a 65,000+ performance vehicle

lol

still, i think this car is absolute sex
They are connected.. that was a preproduction car that the journalists had. Being that it's preproduction not everything on it is always functional.. inexperience journalist for sure.

AG_Styles
03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
was at the lexus dealership today. there were 3 cars there, all already sold. those brakes are huge.

gd3_kid
03-14-2008, 09:14 AM

They are connected.. that was a preproduction car that the journalists had. Being that it's preproduction not everything on it is always functional.. inexperience journalist for sure.

really? man, i hope thats right. lol, they would be such a crap design choice if they weren't

I read the edmunds test and they said the weren't connected. I assumed it was a production model cause they even did a test vs. the RS4.
And lexus themselves have even said that they are "resonators"

Has anybody seen them up close at the dealership?

blownz
03-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I was going to look at the new car show but forgot.

spyce
03-14-2008, 09:56 AM
i checked at the auto show
they are not connected but there are actual outlets that line up with the tips but arent connected and are smaller
sorta like the 996 turbo exhaust

its weird, lexus has said they were on preproduction models
and i have seen 'produciton' model pictures where they do actually have 4 outlets that connect to the tips

Redlyne_mr2
03-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by gd3_kid

really? man, i hope thats right. lol, they would be such a crap design choice if they weren't

I read the edmunds test and they said the weren't connected. I assumed it was a production model cause they even did a test vs. the RS4.
And lexus themselves have even said that they are "resonators"

Has anybody seen them up close at the dealership?
Im not really a fan of the quad exhaust setup but it is a quad setup none the less and yes it was Edmunds who wrote that article. The preproduction wasnt running the quad muffler setup, the exterior tips are fake but there is still a quad muffler under there. Lexus does this with the LS as well just to add styling,
here is a decent pic: http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//4045/IMG_1932.JPG

Most vehicles tested by automotive journalists are preproduction, these vehicles are tested, tracked, driven hard, then destroyed or put into a manufacturer museum once theyre done with them.