PDA

View Full Version : Ripping HD-DVDs to hard drive?

b_t
03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I found a site blowing out their HD-DVD stock for crazy low prices. There are certainly good deals to be had, but I want to be able to watch these movies forever and not have to worry about the death of my HD-DVD drive making them unusable.

So I would want to rip them to a hard drive at some point. Is there any easy way to do this?

googe
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
for starters, youd need an hd-dvd drive for your computer.

Nate
03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
You can use an Xbox360 HD-DVD player on your computer. Dell has them on for $50 including shipping. Then you can rip them. I did this last year. Google it and you shall find your answers.

b_t
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by googe
for starters, youd need an hd-dvd drive for your computer.

jesus useless response
I refer to "my HD-DVD drive" in the first post. I would have thought that made it obvious I already own one..

hedge
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Sorry, don't know how to rip them... but any chance you'd want to share the site?

GoChris
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
www.doom9.org

googe
03-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by b_t

jesus useless response
I refer to "my HD-DVD drive" in the first post. I would have thought that made it obvious I already own one..

it would have, if I read it. for some reason I thought you said hd-dvd player ;)

they are DRM'd, so it isnt super easy, but it is possible. the doom9 forums should have a lot of info on the best way to do it right now.

it would actually probably be easier to download the torrents though.