PDA

View Full Version : info on qx4

Accord_tunerx
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
anyone on this forum owned one or has one?\

anyone run into any problems with teh 2001+ ?

03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
See: 2001+ Nissan Pathfinder.

google can be your friend to.

Not a big fan myself, i think they have an extremely ugly dash.

Ichigo
03-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Those things are pretty solid, very smooth on the streets and capable on the offroad but I doubt you'll want to take those offroading.
Love the dash with woodgrain and the infiniti clock. Its a very well rounded SUV if you ask me. I'd say the only problem is that the tie rods on those go out now and then because of the weight of the vehicle.

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 12:20 AM
They are very good trucks, and as 410440 said, they are almost 100% identical to the Pathfinder. I believe the only real mechanical difference is that they have selectable 4WD?

Many QX4's tend to hold a premium though, which I don't understand because there really isn't anything particular special about them. The engines are adequate, but hardly powerhouses. Gas mileage is crappy, as with all SUVs.

But if you're looking for a truck you can offroad sometimes, and has few problems, and you don't mind the slightly inflated price, I would consider one for sure if I were you.

2001+ are for sure the years to get - thanks to the better engine.

Team_Mclaren
03-13-2008, 12:24 AM
overpriced pathfinder, awesome. Why people would pay more for an infinite badge is beyond me.

Isaiah
03-13-2008, 12:39 AM
I had a '99 which was dynamite. Never had a problem with it in the time I owned it.

jay838
03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
I own a 2002 and i love it so far with 120km on it right now...every suv u need to keep it maintain in order for it to run great..In my opinion I have a 01 pathfinder before and i didnt like it compare to the qx4... it a great suv...

Accord_tunerx
03-13-2008, 03:19 AM
thanks guys! for the input! no i am not looking to go off roading just using it to go on long trips camping and such! no more then that!

Team_Mclaren
03-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by jay838
I own a 2002 and i love it so far with 120km on it right now...every suv u need to keep it maintain in order for it to run great..In my opinion I have a 01 pathfinder before and i didnt like it compare to the qx4... it a great suv...

care to explain why the QX4 is better than the pathfinder?

JRSC00LUDE
03-13-2008, 06:58 AM
My friend just picked up a 99 with 200K for $7400. Bit high on the miles but in stellar looking condition. So far she really likes it.

jay838
03-13-2008, 03:10 PM

care to explain why the QX4 is better than the pathfinder?

The comparsion is that it more luxury then the pathfinder..U get heated leather seat in the back but the pathfinder u dont..The dash and the wood grain look better on the qx4..The headlight look different..Same engine..But with the qx u got to used premium gas compare to the pathfinder..better switch for the 4x4 drive if i remember correctly..Beside that it the same to the pathfinder...

Accord_tunerx
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
rear heated seats yo! ahhaha mad:bigpimp:

Team_Mclaren
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM

The comparsion is that it more luxury then the pathfinder..U get heated leather seat in the back but the pathfinder u dont..The dash and the wood grain look better on the qx4..The headlight look different..Same engine..But with the qx u got to used premium gas compare to the pathfinder..better switch for the 4x4 drive if i remember correctly..Beside that it the same to the pathfinder...

So it has the same engine, with identical output. Why does the infinite needs premium gas while the nissan doesnt... I still dont understand. Wood grain trim is optional on the Pathfinder as well.

So you are paying more for leather, Headlights and a badge, thats hardly a bargain imo. Plus you need to put premium gas in the Infinite (according to you), thats got to be minus...

Ichigo
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

So it has the same engine, with identical output. Why does the infinite needs premium gas while the nissan doesnt... I still dont understand. Wood grain trim is optional on the Pathfinder as well.

So you are paying more for leather, Headlights and a badge, thats hardly a bargain imo. Plus you need to put premium gas in the Infinite (according to you), thats got to be minus...

Actually you dont need to put premium gas in it.
Let'see what you're paying for in the QX4.
- Xenon headlights
- electroluminescent gauges
- Wood grain with the "infinty" logo etched on"
- front and rear heated seats
- Analog Clock!!!
- Despite everything being the same as the pathfinder the interior feels more refined.

They are both the exact same vehicle. It comes down to which one looks better for you. The ride is identical on both of them.

Sran69
03-14-2008, 12:15 AM
me an my dad have had 3 so far , an 01, 02 and 03 ahaha
they awesum suvz man...
never ran into n e problemz
im thinkin about pikin up another one
real smooth ride .. quiet engine

Accord_tunerx
03-15-2008, 06:46 AM
its look like i am picking up one this week!:eek:

edit got it picking it up sunday woohoo!!

Ichigo
03-16-2008, 01:38 AM
dont forget us to show us pics ^_^

Accord_tunerx
03-16-2008, 03:42 AM
^ will do i am excited i cant even sleep righ tnow wtf! hhaha

dj_rice
03-16-2008, 03:47 AM
What color are u planning on getting?Silver or the Artic/Aspen White :drool:

And the Nissan has front heated seats also...but yes not worth the extra $$

Accord_tunerx
03-16-2008, 03:52 AM
no i got the black one lol was looking for a white one tho but meh

yeah its okay everyone has their own taste

dj_rice
03-16-2008, 04:23 AM
Black on black?And curious to know what you paid for it and how many KM's on it...just to compare between my Pathy

JRSC00LUDE
03-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Sran69
me an my dad have had 3 so far , an 01, 02 and 03 ahaha
they awesum suvz man...
never ran into n e problemz
im thinkin about pikin up another one
real smooth ride .. quiet engine

Uh.....yeah. Way to start off on the right foot.

dj_rice
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Common problem areas on Pathfinder/QX4
• Intake Cam sensors
• Rear o2 sensors
• P017`1- Air Flow Meter.
• Turbine Revolution Sensor
• HVAC Blower Motor Problems.

The only thing I've had happen to me was the HVAC electronic module chip burnt out...otherwise everythings good but the main thing you might encounter is the first 2 issues rear o2 and intake cam but those are both electronical, mechanical wise the VQ is good, also one more thing to add is timing belt

Here is a helpful thread for you in case problems arise...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/174934

And this is a thread on reliability

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/214837

SR240SX
04-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Common problem areas on Pathfinder/QX4
• Intake Cam sensors
• Rear o2 sensors
• P017`1- Air Flow Meter.
• Turbine Revolution Sensor
• HVAC Blower Motor Problems.

My o2 sensor went bad about 3 weeks after I baught it. I was told it is very common so I didnt worry much. But now my headlights dont work! high beams and low beams do...but the lights just dont work..ive replaced the bulbs,swapped relays with working ones and checked fuses and still nothing..other then that it has been an awesome truck! I too was looking at the QX but like allot of people said for the same truck it's really not worth the big price difference. Enjoy the new ride!