PDA

View Full Version : I am going to sell my integra, should I get the body and paint done.

tom_9109
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone, I have a 2000 Acura Integra SE. Its completely stock with 117,000 Kilometers and a manual transmisson. Rust free and has good tires. I am obviously wanting to get top dollar for it. The question is, should I have the dings and bumps fixed and get it completely painted or just leave it the way it is for a little less money? I see them on canadatrader.com for as high as 13,000 (asking price). I'd imagine I could ask over 10k with the body fixed. but should I leave it alone and sell it for a little less? Thanks everyone.

Team_Mclaren
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
what kind of dings and bumps are we talking about? are they minor or major?

if its minor tear and wear, leave it.
If its major, like huge dings and cracked bumper and stuff, fix it.

tom_9109
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Its pretty minor stuff, paints still on it. little dings and wiggles you can barely see. Th rear bumper has been bumped on the corner so the paint is off a little.

canuckcarguy
03-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Pretty tough to get the money back for a good paint job, and a lousy paint job might actually make it worth less.

Personally, I'd always prefer to buy a vehicle with original paint. Unless there are huge issues, I'd leave it.

tom_9109
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Like I say wiggles and bumps, know people would rather have a perfect car but in reality a few dings and things with low mileage are better than rusty quarters. And you're definitely right that I'll probably not get my money back out of it.

Maybe I should just start with a price and If the guy is worried about the body, knock a few grand off so he can get it painted himself

G-ZUS
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Once you paint a car, people will start to wonder why it was repainted. ie. it was in a accident

Weapon_R
03-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Many people will shy away from a 2000 that has been repainted because it indicates a possible accident or other damage. Your intentions might be good, but unless you spend some serious money you won't really get a great paint job.

Just price it accordingly.

tom_9109
03-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Once you paint a car, people will start to wonder why it was repainted. ie. it was in a accident

Thats true, paranoia's a bitch.

bbcustoms
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
If its just little dings bring it to paintless dent repair

There is a guy on this forum I think his name is tomco

Get a power polish at a detail shop after that and you are as good as new

Cost should only be about $600 versus $2000 +or- for paint and you don't hack the car by putting a coat of paint on it

bbcustoms
03-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry his name is TomcoPDR