PDA

View Full Version : Deodorant, religious or not...

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
This mostly applies to SAIT as I sit in the library with a trail of tears rolling down my cheeks. I understand deodorant is not recommended to a certain group due to their religious beliefs. As I sit here, smelling that nasty smell of BO I make a plead to you, please wear deodorant for the common good (man kind.). Not only will you have a better social life but people may actually sit by you!

Thank you

- Me

adam c
03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

ekguy
03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
gross...thats just sick.

403Gemini
03-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Wait, what? There's actually a religion who has a rule of "Thou shalt not wear antiperspirant" ?

Sick

kdwebber
03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
hahaha, religion at its finest

TKRIS
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Rumor has it that Christopher Hitchens's poop smells like freshly baked cinnamon buns...

badatusrnames
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
My Aunt related to me how her and her co-workers had to politely tell a woman she worked with (who was a member of a certain religious group) that she would have to observe certain hygiene standards expected in Canada as she was literally stinking up the entire office so bad as to be unbearable for everyone else :barf:

Trini
03-13-2008, 01:18 PM
:barf:

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
This is why SAIT hands out packages of free pit stick and pit spray during events I think.

TKRIS
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
(who was a member of a certain religious group)

Quit enabling.
Call the smellies out by name!!

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Quit enabling.
Call the smellies out by name!!

Negative ghost rider, a certain moderator will swing a ban hammer with great effect.

TKRIS
03-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Not if they're catholic. :D

hoamic11
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SkittleFreak
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I knew a family like this...
We had to have a Superbowl party there.. I almost puked. It's worse then a smokers house who has 5 cats. :S

Masked Bandit
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
So what RELIGON says you can't wear pit stick?

rmk
03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
My Aunt related to me how her and her co-workers had to politely tell a woman she worked with (who was a member of a certain religious group) that she would have to observe certain hygiene standards expected in Canada as she was literally stinking up the entire office so bad as to be unbearable for everyone else :barf:

raceist!!!

googe
03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
its not a religious thing. from what ive been told, certain products have ingredients that are against their religion, but there are plenty of options that arent in violation. its mostly just that they dont think they should have to.

mikestang
03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
soo.. which religion is it?

adam c
03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
maybe they're loners and wan't people to leave them alone and that's the best way to do it?

for clarification: not the religion the person not wearing the stick

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by googe
its not a religious thing. from what ive been told, certain products have ingredients that are against their religion, but there are plenty of options that arent in violation. its mostly just that they dont think they should have to.

Ah, clarification.

TKRIS
03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by adam c
maybe they're loners and wan't people to leave them alone and that's the best way to do it?

I guess it's better than biting.

Nobody likes a biter...

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 01:34 PM
What does biting have to do with smelly people?

Canmorite
03-13-2008, 01:36 PM
BO is against my religion.

89coupe
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Wear ANTIPERSPIRANT, not deordoant. Deordoant just add's to the foul stench of stinky pit sweat.

Antiperspirant actually blocks the pores from sweating.

l/l/rX
03-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
What does biting have to do with smelly people?

not literally. kind of like...dont be a hater sorta thing.

anyways ya, i remember last year i was sitting in the study hall at a desk by myself, a group of engineers/ it dorks came and sat at my table. HOLY FUCK. they were all like gathering around this dudes laptop that was sitting beside me. UGH.

they smelt sooo bad, i gagged n left within 5 min of them sitting there.

bastards.

googe
03-13-2008, 01:43 PM
antiperspirant isnt good for you. deodorant works fine. you sweat, but it smells pretty.

l/l/rX
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
antiperspirant isnt good for you. deodorant works fine. you sweat, but it smells pretty.

for some reason my sweat glands under my arm pits sweat a lot. i have virtually no hair under there too. i use anti-perspirant/ deodorant. really blocks the sweat stains well. (Old Spice High Endurance).

When i use plain old speed stick deodorant, huge sweat stains form under my arms. its sick.

Canmorite
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Causes cancer?

LadyLuck
03-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree with Toms-SC
ive walked thru the library many times, and you can hardly breathe in there. I dont understand how some people can handle that stench.

STINKY FEET as well :barf:

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 01:51 PM
There is a guy I work with, and he stinks sooo bad. I'm not joking here when you can actually smell his odor several minutes after he walked down the hall. It's pretty disgusting.

SkittleFreak
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
It clogs pores, so means you can't sweat and prevents your body from cooling properly. (I believe this is one of the main reasons)

89coupe
03-13-2008, 01:55 PM
you sweat, but it smells pretty.

Sure it does

:bullshit:

403Gemini
03-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Causes cancer?

I actually think it can cause a serious infection if its not cleaned up properly... if you shower everyday and ensure you give your pits a good wash antipersperiant should be okay.

I use deoderant (old spice aqua something) that smells fantastic :thumbsup:

johnny0214
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
if you don't sweat out of your pits it just comes out elsewhere like your back more

googe
03-13-2008, 02:01 PM
aside from the pore clogging issue, aluminum is a neurotoxin.

Aluminum neurotoxicity

Aluminum has been established as a neurotoxin.[15] Aluminum chloride, an aluminum salt that is commonly used in antiperspirants, is also commonly used in studies on aluminum-induced neurotoxicity.[16][17][18][19][20] Aluminum itself adversely affects the blood-brain barrier, it is capable of causing DNA damage, and has adverse epigenetic effects.[21][22] Research has shown that the aluminum salts used in antiperspirants have detrimental effects to a number of species such as non-human primates,[23] mice,[24] dogs[25] and others. An increased amount of aluminum is also present in the brains of many Alzheimer's patients, although this link does not seem to be causal.[26][27][28]

An experiment with mice found that applying an aqueous solution of aluminum chloride to the skin resulted in "a significant increase in urine, serum, and whole brain aluminum."[29] Other experiments on pregnant mice showed transplacental passage of aluminum chloride.[24]

check your antiperspirant / deodorant and see if it says it contains aluminum. if it does, you might wanna grab a different brand next time.

drtoohotty1
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: i know a guy at work who doesnt wear any deodorant by choice in the winter it isnt to bad but in the summer oh man i can barely hold down a short conversation with the guy without making a cringing face from his smell

Canmorite
03-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Good info.

01RedDX
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM

googe
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

hmmm so what religion are you, googe?

scientologist. my sweat naturally smells like roses because I have been blessed by xenu.

schocker
03-13-2008, 02:30 PM
i was in the library at that exact same time too, it did smell and it was gross so i studied as much as i could and left. atrium air was much nicer.:barf:

benyl
03-13-2008, 02:31 PM

scientologist. my sweat naturally smells like roses because I have been blessed by xenu.

Do you help people at accidents?

freshprince1
03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Speed Stick Original FTW.

Supa Dexta
03-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I just use a bar of lever 2000 after my shower, when I'm dry, give it a wipe of soap and I'm ready to take on the world.. I'm pretty sure deorderant and soap are the same thing anyways, and soap is cheaper.. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

sabad66
03-13-2008, 02:43 PM
LOL I can't believe the religion hasn't been mentioned yet. I used to work with some east indian ladies that stunk reallllll bad and they were Sikh. They also can't wash their clothes on certain days or something too.

jav_
03-13-2008, 02:45 PM
:werd: just walking by the comps outside the lab..theres days where it just stinks like nasty feet...soo nasty...:barf:

Trini
03-13-2008, 02:46 PM
try being stuck on the bus next to a person who smells pretty bad:thumbsdow

Tik-Tok
03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Do you help people at accidents?

He has to, because he's the only one that really can.

GQBalla
03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

not literally. kind of like...dont be a hater sorta thing.

anyways ya, i remember last year i was sitting in the study hall at a desk by myself, a group of engineers/ it dorks came and sat at my table. HOLY FUCK. they were all like gathering around this dudes laptop that was sitting beside me. UGH.

they smelt sooo bad, i gagged n left within 5 min of them sitting there.

bastards.

they were probably NNT

ahahha honestly half the people there stink
half the people there look like they dont shower
half the people look like they never have even talked to a girl.

i was in the cool half LOL

urbannomad
03-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Trini

oh man, tell me about it!

i was on the c-train at like 10, coming back from uni...the carriage was dead, and this indian guy, older dude. ended up sitting next to me.

i was like WTF? in my mind...the guy smelt of onion stench, and it reaped pretty bad....why do south asians automatically sit next to south asians on public transport?
I didn't know him, and i know he had been eating some serious strange kind of salaan(curry) and he hadn't washed his hands that night. And to top it off, they stare at you!
:banghead:

Johnny C
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
aside from the pore clogging issue, aluminum is a neurotoxin.

check your antiperspirant / deodorant and see if it says it contains aluminum. if it does, you might wanna grab a different brand next time.

I guess its time to retire the Drysol bottle. :eek:

HybridTheory
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM

:werd: The worst is standing on the c-train underneath a smelly person who has their arm raised up to hold onto the bar.

Trini
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by urbannomad

oh man, tell me about it!

i was on the c-train at like 10, coming back from uni...the carriage was dead, and this indian guy, older dude. ended up sitting next to me.

i was like WTF? in my mind...the guy smelt of onion stench, and it reaped pretty bad....why do south asians automatically sit next to south asians on public transport?
I didn't know him, and i know he had been eating some serious strange kind of salaan(curry) and he hadn't washed his hands that night. And to top it off, they stare at you!
:banghead:

lol so true they do just sit and stare at you,expecting you to make conversation with them..keep headphone on and blast music and ignore.

BlkMaxima
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Sometimes I get sick to the stomach with that smell.

beecue
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM

um my tag and adidas deodorant has it :dunno:

TKRIS
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't needed deodorant since I decided to live on my toilet.

acura_el
03-13-2008, 03:36 PM
This is the first time I hear of such a thing. Although I have an idea of what religion it might be, which one is it and why can't they wear it? :confused:

If you'd rather not mention it on the forum, you can send a PM....or use the spoiler code.

403Gemini
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
Sometimes I get sick to the stomach with that smell.

The worst is when you already have the flu or a stomach ache and somebody gets on the train that stinks like death.

hustler
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by acura_el
This is the first time I hear of such a thing. Although I have an idea of what religion it might be, which one is it and why can't they wear it? :confused:

If you'd rather not mention it on the forum, you can send a PM....or use the spoiler code.

I am also curious, not to be racist, but just for my own information...if its a religous thing and it is actually true then what is the problem stating it...same thing as me being muslim and not eating pork type of deal...just keep any vulger comments out of it.

BlkMaxima
03-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

The worst is when you already have the flu or a stomach ache and somebody gets on the train that stinks like death.

That's bad,

But the worst is when you leave the bar and you get in the cab to go home. Find out that you have the spins, start taking deep breaths to get them to go away and BAM you got the stank in your mouth and nose.

urbannomad
03-13-2008, 04:20 PM

lol so true they do just sit and stare at you,expecting you to make conversation with them..keep headphone on and blast music and ignore.

never actually thought about if they wanted to make conversation specifically....

I always thought it was them trying to figure who/what you were...whether you were a pakistani/indian/bengali/sri lankan....:rofl:
and they do ask the dumbest questions to try and start a conversation.

Me in Burger King:
GUY: "Is that a big mac?"
ME: "uhh....no. It's a whopper"
GUY:"ohh, ok ok. where can i get-a big mac?"
um.....:rofl:

i think they come to me more often than others only because i wear preppy clothes, thinking that i'm straight off the boat also, and my mother dresses me every morning..:rofl:

but back to the topic....which faith? is it muslim? cuz i know islam has a lot of things that are prohibited....because that would be my guess....it deodarant probably has some little molecule from a pig or something. And that is what is probably causing all the muslims to go apeshit over this...lol

l/l/rX
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
oh man, when i was in hong kong during a summer, HOLY CRAP, you'd think in a place as hot as hong kong people would wear some sort of deodorant. its like smelly people central there man.
or you'd think that a place that hot, they would have some sort of super duper deodorizing deodorant. haha.

97'Scort
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by acura_el

A lot of antiperspirants and deoderants use gelatin as a bonding compound. 99% of gelatin is made from animal byproducts (think ligaments, cartilidge, certain kinds of fat). Any religion that forbids the use of various animals for any reason will not be able to use these products.

Toms-SC
03-13-2008, 10:09 PM
:rolleyes: Religion, lulz

86max
03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
how about having minorities wash their feet in the sinks at work?:eek:

Or having people shit on paper towel they've placed IN FRONT of the toilet. Both have happened more than once where I work, you'd think educated engineers from another country would try to fit in a little more :barf:

TomcoPDR
03-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 86max

Or having people shit on paper towel they've placed IN FRONT of the toilet. Both have happened more than once where I work, you'd think educated engineers from another country would try to fit in a little more :barf:

What do you mean? like shitting on the floor within the stall?

86max
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Yes, I'd like to think they pick it up after and flush it, but I don't know for sure. I also forgot to mention the hover people, they refuse to sit on the toilet, so they stand on it and squat. I think they don't like toilets, or are unfamiliar with how they work? This happens at a large engineering company too, just so you don't think I'm working in some ghetto or something haha

turbotrip
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
u girly men need to point the finger at the religion instead of beating around the bush

dj_rice
03-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I knows what religion but I'll never tell....;)

Godfuader
03-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Yes, I'd like to think they pick it up after and flush it, but I don't know for sure. I also forgot to mention the hover people, they refuse to sit on the toilet, so they stand on it and squat. I think they don't like toilets, or are unfamiliar with how they work? This happens at a large engineering company too, just so you don't think I'm working in some ghetto or something haha

How do you find out stuff like this? Do they leave evidence behind? You hang in the washroom? Common water cooler conversation?

Trini
03-14-2008, 12:00 AM

WTF..disgusting..why would they do that!!

Donmega
03-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
LOL I can't believe the religion hasn't been mentioned yet. I used to work with some east indian ladies that stunk reallllll bad and they were Sikh. They also can't wash their clothes on certain days or something too.

wtf? did they tell you that!?

fcuk_it
03-14-2008, 12:43 AM

worse then the bus is sitting beside someone who stinks on a plane... a 4+hr flight sitting beside someone sucks when the plane is full too, theres NOTHING you can do and then your clothes stink too... haha

4lti7ude
03-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by fcuk_it

worse then the bus is sitting beside someone who stinks on a plane... a 4+hr flight sitting beside someone sucks when the plane is full too, theres NOTHING you can do and then your clothes stink too... haha

Man i hate planes lol, and now you gave me another reason to hate them.

forkdork
03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
how about having minorities wash their feet in the sinks at work?:eek:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

WTF is the point of this. Must you wash your feet in the middle of the day while out? ffs i'm going to vomit on the next person I see doing this

EK 2.0
03-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Negative ghost rider, a certain moderator will swing a ban hammer with great effect.

No I wont...haha...

I only don't tolerate racism when its negative and rude. If you are stating a religion, and/discussing it in a rational adult fashion I couldn't care less haha...

403Gemini
03-14-2008, 08:32 AM

Havent seen you on here in awhile Andy... thanks for the lovely story and the image thats now burned in my head haha

adam c
03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fcuk_it

i had the unfortunate fortune of having this happen when i last flew back from vancouver, the flight was only an hour but i had to sit beside this woman for 2+ since there we're delays and the normal airport blah blah stuff...

she stunk, she was sick, her breath stunk. i was sitting beside the window and she was in the seat next to me, and ever 5 minutes she leaned over (almost in my lap, she actually slipped off the arm rest and almost smoked me in the balls with her elbow once) me to take pictures through the window with her brand new cheap ass no name blue camera... omg i wanted to puke and kill her

edit.

i guess i should ad the smell
breath - unbrushed teeth for a week, mixed with puke
smell - used workout clothes from last week that were bunched up in a ball, thrown into a corner a dark corner then having a dog shit on them for the next 3 hours before the flight

i don't know how the flight attendants let her on the plane, and she kept offering the people behind her gum yet would never take any her self, she also tried talking to me but i just wanted to watch the tiny ass tv in the seat, was quite hard through her head tho (as stated: trying to take pictures)

aznbryan
03-14-2008, 09:01 AM
hahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TKRIS
03-14-2008, 09:01 AM
The Flight: Edmonton to Toronto.
The Offender: Fat old European lady
The Smell: Burnt chicken feather and sauerkraut soup.

Trini
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
I've been lucky so far while flying,*keeps fingers crosses*

403Gemini
03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Have you ever got on a train/bus/plane/crowded place and it was packed and you smelt some guys breath and actually thought "Did he/she LITERALLY eat a piece of shit?"

I dont know how some people's breath can be so bad. Usually if i have something spicey or something with loads of garlic i can taste it in the back of my mouth, so i get some gum or a tic tac or something.

86max
03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

How do you find out stuff like this? Do they leave evidence behind? You hang in the washroom? Common water cooler conversation?

I have observed feet washing and hovering myself a few times, I have yet to notice anyone crapping on the floor yet though. That was cooler conversation with a department head who I'd like to think is trustworthy.

Havent seen you on here in awhile Andy... thanks for the lovely story and the image thats now burned in my head haha

Ya man long time no see! Oh and you're welcome, happy steak and bj day! :rofl:

BlkMaxima
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Have you ever got on a train/bus/plane/crowded place and it was packed and you smelt some guys breath and actually thought "Did he/she LITERALLY eat a piece of shit?"

I dont know how some people's breath can be so bad. Usually if i have something spicey or something with loads of garlic i can taste it in the back of my mouth, so i get some gum or a tic tac or something.

Agree 100%

Toms-SC
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Welp here I am again, and its even worse then before. FUCK

97'Scort
04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Hit them with a can of aerosol deoderant. Never see it coming.

Alterac
04-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Hold a lighter up infront of it first. :devil:

97'Scort
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Hold a lighter up infront of it first. :devil:

I wouldn't. Things that smell bad to begin with generally don't smell better when they're on fire. Usually only makes things smell worse.