PDA

View Full Version : I love Ebay and their vendor's customer service.

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I get a set of HID's from Ebay, but the harness (really the hi/low switch that runs the whole operation) is meant for another type of bulb than I purchased in the package. So I want them to send the correct harness.

Currently in Ebay dispute. It's not a criminal matter so no need to ban the post... ;)

Transcript (members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/transcript.txt)

Transcript courtesy of HID "Company" Unnamed.

Wehbeast
03-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Did they ship it without tracking? If not, try pulling a paypal claim on them.

Weapon_R
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
:rofl:

But instead of having a pissing match, why didn't you just throw the wrong harness into an envelope and fire it off so he can send you the replacement. You've been arguing with the guy for 2 weeks now, probably could have had one already.

Looks like he gave you two options: 1) send back the wrong one and he'll replace it or 2) pay $10 for the right one.

Thaco
03-13-2008, 10:11 PM
you could file a claim, but ebay would just tell you to send the stuff back, at your expense.

Mibz
03-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Hope all goes well bud.

canuckcarguy
03-13-2008, 10:19 PM
A guy makes a mistake, and sends you the wrong part. So send him back his part and ask him to ship you the proper replacement, which is what he's offered to do. What's the big deal?

Communication will solve virtually all eBay problems, and it doesn't sound like this vendor is telling you to piss off, but rather to either exchange your harness for a new one, or pay for an additional one. It just doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. If you want full retail service, go pay 3-4 times the price at a local shop. When you buy online, it takes longer to resolve issues, but you save enough money to make it worth your while. I'm guessing you already have headlights, surely waiting a couple of weeks to "upgrade" to fake Chinese xenons shouldn't be that urgent.

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I quite like my "fake" German Xenons - thank you.

That's not the point man. He sends me the wrong part. He asks for me to pay for shipping the wrong part back to him. And I pay the shipping for the new part back to me. And I pay for the part.

It's premise. And I don't like people being dicks to me when I'm trying to be reasonable.

canuckcarguy
03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, German they must be. that's why the printing on the package is actually in oriental lettering.

Here's a link to some of their products on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/H7-H1-HID-Xenon-Kit-Sonata-Audi-A4-A6-Golf-GTI-Passat_W0QQitemZ300206975996QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Must be a new marketing thing for those clever German manufacturers, to print their labels in oriental just to appeal to all those affluent tuners...

I hear what you're saying, but I guess he probably figures if he sends you another product without being paid, he'll never see the lights back again... this way, he knows he doesn't lose product...

Kloubek
03-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Sometimes it's difficult to understand the marketing schemes of these Germans. But they're sly ones, and I'll find out their plan for the two of us.

SportEL
03-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I hope you didn't get screwed with UPS brokerage charges for this as well.

Sharpie
03-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Its 10 fucking dollars... Holy hell lets just go make a thread on beyond about it...

Eleanor
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Its 10 fucking dollars... Holy hell lets just go make a thread on beyond about it...

It's principle, fight the good fight Kloubek :thumbsup: They're being douchebags. They should reimburse you for postage.

Sharpie
03-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

It's principle, fight the good fight Kloubek :thumbsup: They're being douchebags. They should reimburse you for postage.
Yes because they are being un-reasonable... they are willing to send him one for 10(fucking dollars)... How much would shipping be $15? So really you are better off just paying the 10(fucking dollars) and get your h.i.ds working. If you want I will transfer you 10(fucking dollars) just because you seem like a whiny twat...

TegLover
03-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Yes because they are being un-reasonable... they are willing to send him one for 10(fucking dollars)... How much would shipping be $15? So really you are better off just paying the 10(fucking dollars) and get your h.i.ds working. If you want I will transfer you 10(fucking dollars) just because you seem like a whiny twat...

Me too, I will throw in an EXTRA 10(fucking dollars) for your cheap motherfucker ass so maybe you can afford to buy some mcdiks, don't be such a "I'm the customer, therefore, i'm always right" douchebag.:thumbsdow

Lucky97
03-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Wehbeast
Did they ship it without tracking? If not, try pulling a paypal claim on them.

how do you do a paypal claim. cause i bought an item of ebay that i never got.

Kloubek
03-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow... should have expected such animosity from this board. I think a lot of guys on here have a bit of pent up frustration. Consider finding a girl - it helps a lot.

Ok... so you guys think it's cool for a company to ship the wrong product, then demand for shipping back to them, shipping to me, and $15 (later changed to $10) for the product? That will end up costing me somewhere around $35 - which is dangerously close to half the price of the damn kit itself.

How that can seem cool to people, I really don't understand. Would you guys *really* be fine with this? Or is this just another reason to go into a thread, put someone else down, and try to look cool? I'm guessing the latter. In my 8 years of working for my company, not one customer has been cool with absorbing the entire expense for our mistake. Few are willing to take *any* hit at all for our mistakes.

You guys making comments must be very gracious saints who are so very understanding when a company makes a mistake. You are posterboys of acceptance and getting f**ked up the ass by others with a smile on your face.

Lucky: There is a dispute console in your Ebay account on the left. There are strict timeline guidelines though, so make sure you meet the criteria.

canuckcarguy
03-14-2008, 09:19 AM
I get that you're pissed about it, but really, that's the deal with ebay shopping. You get what you pay for, and in this case, you didn't pay very much, so you get poor service. Most of these ebay sellers work on very low margins, and don't have great service. I think you guys are in a Mexican standoff now, and neither of you is prepared to budge. But he's not asking for $35, he's asking for $10 to solve your problem. Okay, you can die on this hill, but really, if $10 will solve your problem, why not just pay it and move on? You can always leave him bad feedback.

TegLover
03-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

You guys making comments must be very gracious saints who are so very understanding when a company makes a mistake. You are posterboys of acceptance and getting f**ked up the ass by others with a smile on your face.

YOU ARE A FLAMING CHEAP FUCK!

Originally posted by canuckcarguy
But he's not asking for $35, he's asking for $10 to solve your problem. Okay, you can die on this hill, but really, if $10 will solve your problem, why not just pay it and move on? You can always leave him bad feedback.

He's a flaming cheap fuck.

:whocares:

Tik-Tok
03-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Ok... so you guys think it's cool for a company to ship the wrong product, then demand for shipping back to them, shipping to me, and $15 (later changed to $10) for the product? That will end up costing me somewhere around $35 - which is dangerously close to half the price of the damn kit itself.

Is English not your first language? I only ask because he offered to send you the proper one FOR FREE if you sent back the one he gave you. If you sent it Canada post, how much would it cost, like $5 in shipping?

TegLover
03-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Is English not your first language? I only ask because he offered to send you the proper one FOR FREE if you sent back the one he gave you. If you sent it Canada post, how much would it cost, like $5 in shipping?

$5 if that, he's CHEAP and retarded. :drama: