PDA

View Full Version : Where to hire someone to fix my garage door?

Ekliptix
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM
One of the tension cables broke on my garage door, so it's not closing properly.

Can someone recommend somewhere I can call to have someone come and fix it?

Thanks

Proboscis
03-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Ya get it fixed soon. Uneven tension will put a strain on the spring, then SNAP!

dj_rice
03-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Proboscis
Ya get it fixed soon. Uneven tension will put a strain on the spring, then SNAP!

:werd: I had my spring snap during that -45 weather week, and boy did it suck ass manually lifting and closing the door every time...

Home Depot maybe?

van
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
This happened to my garage and it was a pain in the ass because the cable broke as the garage was closing. Half the door was like hanging down, so annoying..

Anyway,

Tim @ 246.1237

This is the guy I used and he's pretty cheap, works fast and is good quality (for me anyway). He'll even let you know how to maintain the garage door / cable / and things that are bad for it (like warming up the car and leaving the garage door open slightly instead of all the way.

Fair warning though, when he shows up he might smell like alcohol :confused: but that doesn't effect his work I guess haha. He works for a bigger company but also fixes garages on the side.

Proboscis
03-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Smell like alcohol? We all drink cuz the work is hard. :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
03-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
This happened to my garage and it was a pain in the ass because the cable broke as the garage was closing. Half the door was like hanging down, so annoying..

Anyway,

Tim @ 246.1237

This is the guy I used and he's pretty cheap, works fast and is good quality (for me anyway). He'll even let you know how to maintain the garage door / cable / and things that are bad for it (like warming up the car and leaving the garage door open slightly instead of all the way.

Fair warning though, when he shows up he might smell like alcohol :confused: but that doesn't effect his work I guess haha. He works for a bigger company but also fixes garages on the side.

I tried the # and it says it's not in service. Can you double check the # you have for him?

I appreciate it.

88CRX
03-15-2008, 06:26 PM
We had ours snap a year or so ago right as the door was shutting.

Door dropped half way down, went off square and bent the shit out of the track. It looked like it was all about to come down. That wasn't a cheap fix haha.

Ekliptix
03-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
We had ours snap a year or so ago right as the door was shutting.

Door dropped half way down, went off square and bent the shit out of the track. It looked like it was all about to come down. That wasn't a cheap fix haha.
Who'd you have fix it?

FiveFreshFish
03-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Try these guys. They did some work for me many years ago.

http://www.canadianinteriors.com/esource/profile.asp?company_id=52319136

jaylo
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
DIY!

Had the same thing happen to me and I just looked it up on the internet on how to fix the parts.

I wound my own spring (dangerous!) and re-seat those cables.

Creative Door Services is the best company I have dealt with
http://www.creativedoor.com/

8-3740 27 Street NE
Calgary, AB T1Y 5E2
(403) 291-2375

They have all the parts you need and they can also wound a new spring for you (if needed).