PDA

View Full Version : Accident Question

Mx6er
03-16-2008, 02:33 AM
edited for legal reasons

akumajack
03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Go to the police right away in the morning. Last time I had something similar, and I told the other person that I would go to the police the next day. The next day when I went to the police station the officer said that the other person had come by and filed a report. He even said that I was lying and trying to rip someone off and stuff like that. There was no witness and I had to just let the thing go... Some people are really stupid, selfish and ruthless these days.

Mx6er
03-16-2008, 02:56 AM

DayGlow
03-16-2008, 08:05 AM
you should have called the cops as soon as she refused to provide her required documentation. A business card is not a form of id. Did you at least get her plate as well?

Right now you can be in a world of hurt. Since there is no damage to her vehicle she could possibly outright deny ever being in a collision, or that you rear-ended her.

lilmira
03-16-2008, 09:46 AM
You put yourself in a shitty situation. Take pictures and find witness always.

Now she can say that was you who rearended her.

Did you honk when she was backing up?

Mx6er
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
you should have called the cops as soon as she refused to provide her required documentation. A business card is not a form of id. Did you at least get her plate as well?

Yes I have her plate number.

Originally posted by lilmira
You put yourself in a shitty situation. Take pictures and find witness always.

Now she can say that was you who rearended her.

Did you honk when she was backing up?

My friend was sitting passenger when the accident occurred, But i do not know if he is a valid witness or not.

Edit. No I did not honk when she was backing up as I had probably a second before she hit me.

gofastmerc
03-16-2008, 01:39 PM
You're screwed.

Monday morning you will have a call from your insurance saying you hit this lady. She will be claiming her back and neck injuries, and $10,000 damage to her Volvo.

And frankly, I'm not sure what you could do about it.

I'm really starting to think mounting a video camera in the car just for stories like these.

Mx6er
03-16-2008, 02:53 PM

dannie
03-16-2008, 02:55 PM
She backed up. End of story. She is at fault for backing her car in a roadway. If she wants to be a b**ch about it, then take her out for it. Call the police and get your case report, call her on Monday and tell her you are getting a quote for the car. If she is unresponsive and you do in fact have her licence plate, the police can go and get her information from her so you can go to your insurance company and have then track her insurance company down for it. Besides... if she is a "high profile" person, she will just want to get it taken care of.

canuckcarguy
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't panic until you know there's a problem. Maybe she was just freaked out. I'm not saying she acted properly, she didn't, but just do what you would normally do after a collision - file a police report, get some estimates, and contact her for payment. If at that point she balks, go back to the police and get ready for a battle.

I just hope the business card she gave you was actually hers...

Mx6er
03-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
Don't panic until you know there's a problem. Maybe she was just freaked out. I'm not saying she acted properly, she didn't, but just do what you would normally do after a collision - file a police report, get some estimates, and contact her for payment. If at that point she balks, go back to the police and get ready for a battle.

I just hope the business card she gave you was actually hers...

Yea it is hers, that I know for sure. She is a very public figure in calgary so I know for sure it is her. This is probably the best advice thus far considering the situation. thx.

anhsicun
03-16-2008, 09:46 PM
u can try to get her to confess when u call her and tape record it maybe.... but yah if she actually gonna pay for the damage get this all in wirting and bring a witness to sign it with u. i got hit at chinnok parking lot during boxing day, traffic was bumper to bumper and all of sudden this dude back into my car. he didn't want to go thru insurance so i got hiim to write a statement saying he was at fault just incase he backout i got proof.

gofastmerc
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Soooo, what happened?

Kloubek
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Way to pull up an old thread!

Seriously - I want to know as well. What a bi**h. She clearly is at fault, but without proof I would be interested to know if she claimed it was his fault, or if she realizes she just didn't get any the evening prior.

Mx6er
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM

403Gemini
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

Right now you can be in a world of hurt. Since there is no damage to her vehicle she could possibly outright deny ever being in a collision, or that you rear-ended her.

:werd:

The #1 thing most people in the front say is "They rear ended me" and guess what, most of the time they win (usually unless there is a independent witness to verify your story)

johnboy27
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I got the run around for a few days, got verbally assaulted by the guy who hit me. So after that I said fuck him and went to the police station and filed the report and called his insurance company and they paid out. Hopefully she doesn't screw you over.