PDA

View Full Version : Has Any body herd of these Guys

T78Supra1
03-16-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.kaizoindustries.com

Apparently they will reconstruct any unattainable car for you and the car will be registered as a Kaizo

projekz
03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Sweet...Wonder if those are allowed on Canadian soil?

Mibz
03-16-2008, 03:15 PM
It's not actually a reconstruction though. They take the body off the frame, stiffen it and call it a unibody. I'm sure they're quite safe if you don't plan on crashing them but I don't see how they'd keep you protected in a collision. Somebody feel free to correct me but it seems like it would just be a flimsy shell bolted to a drivetrain.

tom_9109
03-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
It's not actually a reconstruction though. They take the body off the frame, stiffen it and call it a unibody. I'm sure they're quite safe if you don't plan on crashing them but I don't see how they'd keep you protected in a collision. Somebody feel free to correct me but it seems like it would just be a flimsy shell bolted to a drivetrain.

They modify the unibody. IE a skyline is unibody construction so they can't take the body off of a frame. the basically take the existing unibody and modify it enough to get through the red tape.

You then buy their unibody and buy all the original parts and put it together yourself and have a skyline.

Canmorite
03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

You then buy their unibody and buy all the original parts and put it together yourself and have a skyline.

Put it together yourself? Why can't they do that?

boxer23
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Put it together yourself? Why can't they do that?

if they made the car included the chassis, engine, tranny then they would be considered to be a manufacturer and so would have to pass DOT...

SkittleFreak
03-16-2008, 06:18 PM
we should start a business, buy shells of them, rebuild them and sell them off for a profit. people would pay good money for a "kit" car thats fully running.

I'd be up for building cars all day :)

black13
03-17-2008, 12:06 AM
isn't this the same deal as those fake lambo's that they were selling in Europe?

and I've heard of a similar company in japn building some nice stuff.

tom_9109
03-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Its the same idea as a kit car lambo however these are actually a Skyline thats been slightly modified so it can go to the states. Its just a way to shuffle around red tape. You buy one and then can buy all skyline parts and it will just assemble.

analbumcover
03-17-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/images/zoom/HMZPZX/viewsize/DRIVING_5.jpg

damn those look hawt :drool:

Canmorite
03-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109
Its the same idea as a kit car lambo however these are actually a Skyline thats been slightly modified so it can go to the states. Its just a way to shuffle around red tape. You buy one and then can buy all skyline parts and it will just assemble.

Can you buy all the parts from them? Ie. the ones they just stripped off the car? I'm sure a shop could re-assemble them here...

avow
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
very interesting. i wonder what the cost would be in the end. :clap:

403Gemini
03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Wait, so could you get a lhd r34? hawt!

picmerollin
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
i rike

phrozen
03-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SkittleFreak
we should start a business, buy shells of them, rebuild them and sell them off for a profit. people would pay good money for a "kit" car thats fully running.

I'd be up for building cars all day :)

I'm down, anyone else?? haha.

2002civic
03-17-2008, 04:06 PM
i wonder if this would work here in canada

ekguy
03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Didn't some guy do that with an mr2. The convertible one that wasn't admissible to Canada??

I know I've seen it on the roads out here around Chap and Shawnessy. And I remember the threads on it.

Crazyjoker77
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Didn't some guy do that with an mr2. The convertible one that wasn't admissible to Canada??

I know I've seen it on the roads out here around Chap and Shawnessy. And I remember the threads on it.

i know which car you are talking about it is that MRS (newer mr2) that was running around in primer for the longest time.

and essentially he just got a frame from the states shipped up then ordered all the parts from toyota and assembled the car. And yes it was registured as a kit car and was given a new VIN.

also IIRC he didnt use the stock motor but another toyota engine...