PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Inspection

RXsevenmonk
03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey,

I know there are a few threads about this sort of thing, but most of them are pretty old. I have a few questions. I bought a truck and it is more than 15 years old, so it needs an insurance safety inspection for my insurance. Is there any insurance companies that don't make you get an inspection? Or is there any shops that may "expedite" the process?

Thanks

sr20s14zenki
03-17-2008, 12:18 PM
No insurance company will let you go without it. Best to find a "friend" that has a mechanic number and would be willing.

marimba
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
pmed. i can help ya out

canuckcarguy
03-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Some insurance companies will give you time to get the inspection completed, so even if you can't get into a shop right away, you might still be okay for a while. I think my company gives me 30 days?

ExtraSlow
03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I have insurance through Meloche Monex and they give you 30 days to get it inspected.
It does help to have a "friendly" mechanic because otherwise you can find some real dicks. I had a car fail the inspection due to worn out windshield wipers. Yes, really. I'll never go back to that shop.

I got a more helpful mechanic to overlook a cracked windsheild since I was saving up to replace it anyway.

canuckcarguy
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Yep, Meloche Monnex here too. I'm not one to like insurance companies, but they're actually very good to deal with. I agree, you need a mechanic who's only looking to sell you an inspection and very necessary repairs, not one who's looking to send his kids to college on your vehicle maintenance. In other words, avoid Canadian Tire.