PDA

View Full Version : Need computer expert

Boat
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Ok so ive milked google dry with this problem so i have to turn to alternate sources.

Problem: My mother board (Intel D865PERL) makes 2 beeps when i boot up the computer. ("Parity" error is 2 beeps on the intel beep codes). After that, it goes to the post screen and says that the Checksum is bad and to press f4 to enter setup. After 15 seconds the computer just shuts of no matter what i do. If i try to turn it on again and it makes 4 beeps in a 1-2 fashion (like 2 half beeps each) then shuts off right away.

I heard that only certain ram works in some intel motherboards (parity issue?)

I have also heard that changing the mobo battery could fix this.

anyways any input would be appreciated... thanks!!

rage2
03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
dead motherboard reporting bad "beeps". I've seen hundreds of these. Replace the motherboard, easiest and fastest way to fix it. Probably cheapest too since you'll be replacing ram and batteries for nothing.

01RedDX
03-17-2008, 02:24 PM

sputnik
03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
There are 2 ways to fix your problem

#1 - Undo the change you made before the problem started happening

#2 - If nothing changed. Get a new motherboard.

Boat
03-17-2008, 02:30 PM
hahha thanks for the quick replies,

i WOULD get a new motherboard, i just want to make sure its actually the problem and is unfixable... ive tried multiple sticks of ram in all of the slots.

i baught it from some random guy (hahah i know) but it was cheap he said it worked as far as he knew.

so i dont know what changes he made, maybe flashed the bios or something?

anyways its a 478 board and that shit is hard to find relatively cheap...

i know i can get a new one for ~60

Despair*
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I hope you didn't buy it from the back of a truck, or car or anything like that.

Boat
03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
hahah
pretty much
the mobo case and (p4 3ghz 800fsb)cost me 60 though im not that pissed off...

Ashers
03-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Have you thought about the Power Supply? When they go out, they can cause some pretty strange things...

whoatemyling
03-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Google is your Friend.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010249.htm

iamkorean
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Ashers
Have you thought about the Power Supply? When they go out, they can cause some pretty strange things...
far as i knw when power supply goes, it doesn t turn on or smoke and fry the whole thing~
i have done both!

Ashers
03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I've had a failing power supply cause memory errors once it heated up. It would be fine and then windows would blue screen. A memory test said the memory had failed. Replaced the PSU and they went away.

Boat
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
my power supply doesnt get a chance to heat up and my comp doesnt get a chance to blue screen. I havent swapped out the power supply, but i guess i will try that before i toss out the mobo.

have you experiened EXACT problems like mine that was caused by power supply failure? the PSU is like brand new i believe and yes its logysis brand, and ive baught it before with no problems whatsoever.

Originally posted by whoatemyling
Google is your Friend.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010249.htm

why dont you read my original post where infact i have checked all the the beep codes and have been asking questions about them

READING is YOUR friend.

Ashers
03-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I haven't had that exact problem. More than likely because I don't use parity RAM. I just like to check the cheap things first, and I do know that a flakey PSU can cause problems. If you do decide to get a new mobo, check the Memory Express Clearance center. Its across the road from their 32nd ave location, next to Rogers. They have some older boards (even back to socket 7 :eek: ), and some good prices on them.

Boat
03-19-2008, 08:07 PM
no shit?
a clearance center?
had no idea...
thanks, ill have to go check that out