PDA

View Full Version : wheels next could be the worst experience i have ever had online

ercchry
03-17-2008, 05:35 PM
so about 3 weeks ago i ordered some wheels online on wheelsnext.com and yeah this is the email i got

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5220/emailww1.jpg

so everything is great until 2 days later they call and say oh there is only 4 of those left in north america. so ok give me 4. then they say oh umm they are special order and will be $220 a peice now and they were going to give me a deal on the rubber (which turned out to be not a deal) and yeah total bill was going to be $1255 at my door.

so i go and look at there site for the samething they were sending me and i find this

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4708/poswheelsnextbq4.jpg

yeah dont try to look for this now because they have changed to price, funny that they have not changed it till now though....

so the sweet "deal" that i ended up with was just the wheels for $167 a peice plus gst plus $100 from fedex. wtf gst? they are an american company.

frozenrice
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
That sucks.
As far as the GST though, nothing to do with FedEx. That's the government collecting their cut. FedEx collects it on their behalf more or less.:dunno:

ercchry
03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
That sucks.
As far as the GST though, nothing to do with FedEx. That's the government collecting their cut. FedEx collects it on their behalf more or less.:dunno:

but isnt that just duty?

like if i was to go down to the states and buy them and came across the boarder and declaired them they would just say pay this duty?

frozenrice
03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Not totally 100% sure on how/what they charge, but as far as the government goes it's considered a good and they charge you accordingly. I duty is something different seperate from GST and is dependant on what the item is and sometimes where it was manufactured.

2002civic
03-17-2008, 06:06 PM
duty is gst +6.1% if made outside of north america, thats ucks for you...

djayz
03-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Importing anything into canada will result in you paying GST...duty on the other hand will be paid on items that have a certain percentage of the parts manufactured outside of canada and that all depends on the item.

As far as rims and tires go I believe you would only be paying GST.

stunta666
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
i just got some rims from wheelsnext and the total for rims and tires was $2540.00 us and with brokerage, duty, and tax it came out to $2745 us. There were no other charges when i got them.

Supa Dexta
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
My wheels arrived from 1010 today. Went good this time, free shipping on now too. Last set they mangled one putting the tire on, then offered me 70$ off, or another wheel, OF A DIFFERENT COLOUR. Cause again, there was only 4 of them left.. :rolleyes: WTF do I want 3 rims one colour and one totally different for.

Supa Dexta
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
They gave me a free set of lugs, but they are useless since they aren't tuner lugs. Think kal tire or sumtin would give me a little credit for them? I could care less if they give me like a quarter of what they're worth, example they give me 25cents a piece for them and then turn around and sell them as new for a dollar. Been a while since I bought new tuners, aren't they 1.50 or 2 bux a piece? Either way I need new lugs and I don't need these.

Glad I didn't order any wider tires, the little "hairs" rub the strut as they pass.. :rofl:

uncleglenny
04-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
so about 3 weeks ago i ordered some wheels online on wheelsnext.com and yeah this is the email i got

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5220/emailww1.jpg

so everything is great until 2 days later they call and say oh there is only 4 of those left in north america. so ok give me 4. then they say oh umm they are special order and will be $220 a peice now and they were going to give me a deal on the rubber (which turned out to be not a deal) and yeah total bill was going to be $1255 at my door.

so i go and look at there site for the samething they were sending me and i find this

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4708/poswheelsnextbq4.jpg

yeah dont try to look for this now because they have changed to price, funny that they have not changed it till now though....

so the sweet "deal" that i ended up with was just the wheels for $167 a peice plus gst plus $100 from fedex. wtf gst? they are an american company.

hey man was just thinking bout using wheeelsnext but i'm scared of the surprise duty bill, you paid 1255 total what did gst and brokerage/duty cost you?

redblack
04-19-2008, 05:17 AM
tire rack includes all your brokerage/duty in the final price so you want get any surprises

HiTempguy1
04-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by redblack
tire rack includes all your brokerage/duty in the final price so you want get any surprises

Tirerack friekin rocks. Anything you save using the other sites is outweighed by the simple fact TireRack does the brokerage for you, and if you call them they answer the phone and don't answer your questions with one word answers (like 1010tires and wheelsnext did to me). I paid $1380 (shipped to my door) for a set of 18" rims w/ kumho rubber for my golf that are sexy as hell.

Doozer
04-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I didn't have to pay anything extra from WheelsNext either. Of course, the total on the website didn't show anything except the cost of the tires, and I knew there would be more to it than that. So I just called them. The guy told me what the duty/gst/etc would be, and what the final bill would be. I never got charged anything other than that final total that he gave me.

The biggest problem is that it's not on the final order on the website, but a quick phone call took care of it long before the wheels ever got shipped.

As far as the changing prices and quantity - I never ran into that, but it sounds weak.

canuckcarguy
04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
GST isn't their fault, you always get charged GST on anything that comes into the country. Even if you drove across and picked them up yourself, you'd still have to pay GST if you declared them, and duty if they're manufactured outside the US or Canada.