PDA

View Full Version : Audio System Suggestion

Brutucus
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
It has been 2 years and I never got to getting my car a sound system lol.. Basically my car has no deck and out of date speakers. I have no clue about audio systems and I would like to get a decent system, so nothing fancy just something that I can hear my tunes. Anybody have any suggestions for speakers,deck,and amp, sub woofer?

-Thanks

2002civic
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
alpine is a good mid price set-up, kicker can be good,

go to a car audio store and give it a listen, then buy it from the states for half the cost;)

Sasuke_Kensai
03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
alpine is a good mid price set-up, kicker can be good,

go to a car audio store and give it a listen, then buy it from the states for half the cost;)

^All the advice you really need. You need to listen yourself, as everyone seems to like different brands. Some will absolutely love brand A, then you'll have a group that absolutely hates it. And buying from the States seconded!

That said, I got one 8" Rockford sub ($70 new) powered off the cheapest Phoenix Gold OctaneR amp I could find ($90 new then) and I love it :thumbsup:, though I have a tiny car. IMO it will be much harder to find a set of speakers that you love than a sub unless you are going for sheer volume.

Brutucus
03-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the advice, just confuse about speakers like two way and what not lol >>