PDA

View Full Version : Super GT GT-R dominates track, but...

Sykes
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Source: http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2706/

March 18, 2008
Super GT? Too easy...

The GT-R is taking over the world. Nissan's new Godzilla-based racer dominated the first round of the Japanese GT series in Suzuki last weekend, finishing first, second and in most of the other scoring positions.

Satoshi Motoyama and Beniot Treluyer's Nismo GT-R took victory in the first race in front of a crowd of 32,000, edging out the Autech GT-R of... you don't really care about this bit, do you? Point is, the GT-R is so quick that some Japanese commentators are predicting that the GT organisers will impose limitations on the GT-R before the next race in Okayama in mid-April.

Which seems a bit unfair, really. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, every man for himself and all that. If the GT-R does end up being, erm, pruned, we hope it'll retain its scarier-than-a-clown-convention looks.

Or its noise. This quick video (see below) only shows the GT-R in winter testing (if you've got anything better, please do email it over) but it's enough to imagine the noise of a gridful of GT-Rs at full throttle.

Oh, and see that white car in the final shot? That's a regular GT-R playing safety car for the big boys. Looks almost understated in that company, doesn't it?

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2706/images/1/large.jpg
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2706/images/3/large.jpg

KBifjuV_WUA

avow
03-19-2008, 08:25 PM
oh man! that thing is just mean! I cant wait to see top gear review even the stock one.

Idratherbsidewayz
03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Canmorite
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
How epic would it be if they made a street legal version of that car...

DonJuan
03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
^ someone would crash it, or I'd have to kill them for it. The closest us mere mortals will get to it is in GT5

Eleanor
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
R32 all over again.

street
03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
THAT IS A VERY VERY SEXY CAR:drool: :drool: :drool:

2002civic
03-20-2008, 12:20 AM
yummy:drool:

4lti7ude
03-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Thats mean!

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 12:44 AM
oh geez
even the production version is just disgusting
quote from the calgary international autoshow
while everyone is just glazed over this ferrari

Random white dude
"oh man, o-60 in 4.5 seconds, oh man top speed of 310km/h, oh man this thing is fast"

Me
"the gtr is 100 grand cheaper and puts out better numbers..."

Random white dude
"NO FUCKING WAY"

badatusrnames
03-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by GabrielE
oh geez
even the production version is just disgusting
quote from the calgary international autoshow
while everyone is just glazed over this ferrari

Random white dude
"oh man, o-60 in 4.5 seconds, oh man top speed of 310km/h, oh man this thing is fast"

Me
"the gtr is 100 grand cheaper and puts out better numbers..."

Random white dude
"NO FUCKING WAY"

God damn white people... who do they think they are, being so random and shit?

Haha white people. So.... white.

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 01:08 AM
lol you being sarcastic?
I ment no racist remarks in that post BTW
sorry if it came off that way

Redlyne_mr2
03-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Do people out there still care about 0-60?

I had a feeling this was going to happen.. Toyota, ,Honda, Ferrari, etc all need to step it up.

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 01:18 AM
:werd:

Revhard
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
It sounds great, alot better than previous nissans.
It's no ferrari. It's fast, ballsy, but nowhere near the style of the prancing horse.
That said, the bang for buck is there like the vette z06.
They should be campaigning that car in the SCCA racing against the vettes and audi's etc.
Looks like Nissan really did it right.:thumbsup:

962 kid
03-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Do people out there still care about 0-60?

I had a feeling this was going to happen.. Toyota, ,Honda, Ferrari, etc all need to step it up.

I don't think so... did you take a close look at the GT-R at the car show? It's not hard to see why it's so much cheaper than it's competitors.

badatusrnames
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
lol you being sarcastic?
I ment no racist remarks in that post BTW
sorry if it came off that way

More or less...

peterparker
03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

I don't think so... did you take a close look at the GT-R at the car show? It's not hard to see why it's so much cheaper than it's competitors.

please explain...

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I dont know what you guys are talking about
the GTR is all serious
you know
Its not a "pretty" car by any means
but straight up, and its been proven
there is no competitor out there
and quote me on that
it is, and will stand as the fastest production car

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
hahaha have you noticed everyone
talking about the gtr and how good it is
own nissans...
WIERD HEY lololol

962 kid
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Its not a "pretty" car by any means
but straight up, and its been proven
there is no competitor out there
and quote me on that

:rofl: :rofl: you're an idiot.

Peterparker dunno if you were paying attention, but the finish on the GT-R was horrible. Not only were the panel gaps large, they were inconsistent even along a single seam. The gaps at the bottoms of the doors were much smaller than the gaps at the top. The paint was equally bad with more orange peel than an orange has, and that's all I could see from outside the car. Not saying it affects the performance at all, but none of the GT-Rs competitors look that shabby.

Redlyne_jr
03-20-2008, 07:54 PM
The paint was equally bad with more orange peel than an orange has

hahahaha

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 07:57 PM

:rofl: :rofl: you're an idiot.

Peterparker dunno if you were paying attention, but the finish on the GT-R was horrible. Not only were the panel gaps large, they were inconsistent even along a single seam. The gaps at the bottoms of the doors were much smaller than the gaps at the top. The paint was equally bad with more orange peel than an orange has, and that's all I could see from outside the car. Not saying it affects the performance at all, but none of the GT-Rs competitors look that shabby.

How am I an idiot, learn to fucking read retard, you pretty much agreed with that I said
WOW

DonJuan
03-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Please stop posting.

GabrielE
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

Please stop posting.

anything for you, douchebag

962 kid
03-20-2008, 11:16 PM

How am I an idiot, learn to fucking read retard, you pretty much agreed with that I said
WOW

How? I just said the GT-R has poor build quality from what I saw. There are still many production cars that will outperform the GT-R.
WOW

Hakkola
03-20-2008, 11:17 PM

Aww, that's so cute!

jsn
03-21-2008, 03:21 AM
and will stand as the fastest production car

I'm pretty sure a Bugatti Veyron is faster, and that's a production car :thumbsup:

But it's too bad they are trying to pass restrictions on the GTR . If they didn't maybe the competitors would try to improve their cars instead?

Canmorite
03-21-2008, 10:37 AM

and quote me on that

...and quoted.

:rofl:

GabrielE
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
yeah now that I think about it
that was PRETTY gay
thanks for rubbin it in guys

DonJuan
03-22-2008, 02:58 PM
yeah now that I think about it
that was PRETTY gay
thanks for rubbin it in guys

One of the many things you will learn on this fourm: If you fuck up you suffer.

Enjoy your stay,

douchebag.

rmk
03-22-2008, 05:43 PM
lol @ gabrielE.... fucking funny.

GabrielE
03-23-2008, 02:08 PM
"enjoy your stay"
you big queer

FEEL THE WRATH OF DONJUAN, HE'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!

get a life fgt

Originally posted by DonJuan

One of the many things you will learn on this fourm: If you fuck up you suffer.

Enjoy your stay,

douchebag.

Team_Mclaren
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Hey, hows the finish on your superbus? I heard they have recaros in those. :hitit:

Eleanor
03-23-2008, 03:06 PM

its competitors?

Sorry if the GT-R beats your almighty porsches for 100k less :D

finboy
03-23-2008, 03:35 PM
the new gtr has good performance, but i don't think they could make the thing any more ugly if they tried :barf:

DonJuan
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM

FEEL THE WRATH OF DONJUAN, HE'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!

:werd: LOL! You're one of the funniest noobs since JDMintegra. And this is so very sad.

Back to the GTR. I think it is great, but I reserve final judgment till I can sit in it, and look it over closely. I don't see how you can see body gap differences on a ultra shiny car. at the auto show, especially when it is on a spinning platform. But hey, I could be wrong, I'm not a body expert.

Rocky
03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Phenomenal. The engineers of the GTR should be given extreme amount of credit for producing a car essentially "too" good. It's a tribute to the legacy of the GTR.

It's sad because cars rarely get true, proper successors. I mean look at the RX-7, Mazda will either forget about it or even worse, make some hideous rotary half-ass contraption that claims to be the spiritual successor while embarrassing the 7 legacy.

I will say tho it seems people are getting caught in the hype about the new GTR and are saying some ridiculous things. Whatever numbers and performance it does, nobody is going to look twice at a GTR when a Ferrari pulls up beside it. Ferrari is almost as much for status than for performance. Thinking a GTR is a more desirable car would be ridiculous.

tentacles
03-23-2008, 11:57 PM
So this means V8 > all then.

86_lude_86
03-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

couple of things with this.
how is ferrari in this group to step it up and with honda they have the new nsx coming out and toyota has the new supra coming so... you will have to wait and see my friend