PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: Silver 2000 Celica GT-S | Plate: GXY-787

DeeCEE101
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
UPDATE:

Car has been recovered. It was abandoned in the Ramsay area. Thanks to all those who kept an eye out for it on the roads. Now I get to go through all the fun stuff at the impound lot and insurance. YAY!... Naaawt!

I didn't get a chance to go check out the extent of the damages, but the police officer did mention that it appeared in decent condition and that it wasn't involved in any accidents. Darn.... was kinda hoping the theives would wrap themselves around a pole and spread blood and guts everywhere or maybe even get involved in a high speed chase O.J. Simpson style. Ah well... good news is that at least it has been recovered in one piece and that I can move on from here... aka... keep an eye out for the for sale thread and say hello to an immobilizer and perhaps some sort of GPS tracker for the next vehicle.

Cheers!

Hawk01
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
wow another one! i'll keep a look out.
sucks that you are another victim.:thumbsdow

Hash_man
03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
wtf.... this is getting nuts already. I'll keep my eyes open but holy shit, warm weather hits and all the scum come out of the woodwork to steal peoples hard earned cars. :guns:

jdm_eg6
03-20-2008, 06:05 PM
WTF!!!! this is soo gay... we should start buying GPS trackers for our cars.. they are like 500.00 and can be tracked VIA any PC

Kloubek
03-20-2008, 06:06 PM
No shit. Is it just that more people are posting it - hoping to get someone to spot it? Or is there one friggin car theft after another all of a sudden...

I'll keep an eye out. Nice car btw. Hopefully it still is. The headlight would be a dead giveaway.

7seriesmadness
03-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Shit man I think I saw it parked at brentwood cause I noticed the bent plate . And the windows were smashed

95EG6P
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
you like the 4th or 5th one this week. That sucks man. I'll be on the look out:)

DeeCEE101
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by 7seriesmadness
Shit man I think I saw it parked at brentwood cause I noticed the bent plate . And the windows were smashed

Thanks for the tip! I called the police and they are sending a car out to check it out!

Originally posted by jdm_eg6
WTF!!!! this is soo gay... we should start buying GPS trackers for our cars.. they are like 500.00 and can be tracked VIA any PC

I hear ya. It totally feels crappy already on its own hearing about it happening to other people, but it really hits home when it happens to you. But definitely I say group buy to GPS trackers!!

ekguy
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
ok this is out of control...if there is this many being stolen just off beyond then you have to wonder how many cars are being stolen period...there must be an abnormally big amount of cars being stolen from calgary at this point...

NightRyder
03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
any luck finding your car?

DeeCEE101
03-24-2008, 07:43 AM
UPDATE:

Car has been recovered. It was abandoned in the Ramsay area. Thanks to all those who kept an eye out for it on the roads. Now I get to go through all the fun stuff at the impound lot and insurance. YAY!... Naaawt!

I didn't get a chance to go check out the extent of the damages, but the police officer did mention that it appeared in decent condition and that it wasn't involved in any accidents. Darn.... was kinda hoping the theives would wrap themselves around a pole and spread blood and guts everywhere or maybe even get involved in a high speed chase O.J. Simpson style. Ah well... good news is that at least it has been recovered in one piece and that I can move on from here... aka... keep an eye out for the for sale thread and say hello to an immobilizer and perhaps some sort of GPS tracker for the next vehicle.

Cheers!