PDA

View Full Version : Robbed at knifepoint, what the hell is going on?

xenofire
03-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Okay, so last night im on my way home from my studio at around 12:30 and i stopped to take out my rent/utilities money out from the bmo on the stampede grounds (ya i know, i should know better) when two guys block off the exit doors to the atm, one pulls out a rather large knife and tell me to drop my bag and kick it out the door.

at first i just stand there staring at the guy with the knife, it takes me a moment to get an exact handle on the situation. im floored, "whatthehell?" im thinking, why me?

anyway i do as they said, and after they open the door and take my bag, one guy rolls over one of the picnic tables and pops it infront of the door. they take off.

being the genius that i am, i decide to use the non blocked off door and report it to the big4 security and wait for the police.

the thing that pisses me off is that the guys didnt even look like they could use the money. ya, im still a bit thrown off by what happened but it hit me today. not that i was out the money, but my laptop, NEW digital camera, limited edition psp, text books and some blood expensive markers were in that bag. I have renters insurance but it doesnt cover things stolen out of the house.

If you guys see any of the following items for sale, please let me know.

HP pavilion laptop w/. white top and external battery, Red Japanese psp w/. ffvii crisis core, canon KISSi (like the rebel xti but japanese), and about 25 copic markers.

Ps. im working on a composite sketch of the guy if anyone spots him. (thats right mess with an artist)

bignerd
03-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Sorry to hear your shitty luck. At least they did not use the knife. I know there are cameras everywhere there, did you report to the police as well?

Clark-Kent
03-21-2008, 12:54 AM
sorry to hear that man
ill keep my eyes out for those things
i would be so pissed if i were you

stupid people these days:guns:

Benny
03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
That's bullshit man, I'm sorry to hear it. You did exactly what I would have done, no matter what kind of dummy comes in this thread and talks tough. Hopefully the bastards are caught.

I'll keep an eye out for your stuff.

pf0sh0
03-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Really shitty man hopefully the fuckers get caught :banghead:
Well think of it your life vs. the stuff that was in your bag.:dunno:
sorry to hear.

Bimmer88
03-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Dude sorry to hear bout that...

I woulda told them what are they gonna do if they didn't hand it over? I'd rather DIE! and they'll be caught.

pf0sh0
03-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

I woulda told them what are they gonna do if they didn't hand it over? I'd rather DIE! and they'll be caught.

That is rather dumb.

4lti7ude
03-21-2008, 01:02 AM
The ATM machines at the stampede are all like phone booths right?
Man that sucks, i hope the cops catch them.
Calgary is sure going downhill.

Schwa
03-21-2008, 01:23 AM
If only we were allowed concealed carries I woulda pulled out.

Thaco
03-21-2008, 02:57 AM
should have just said no and called the cops, they're obviously not stupid, they know if they go in the booth there are video cameras, that's why they made you kick your bag to the door... they'd never have gone in after you and have their mugs up on TV/newspapers.

anhsicun
03-21-2008, 06:28 AM

i think it all depends on the situation, getting killed over a buck is pretty stupid, but i would put my life on the line if it was something of sentimantal vaule. plus you don't know if they even gonna catch the guy, most of calgary murders go unsolved. back to op, good to hear u didn't get hurt hope u can come up with a good sketch

Maddog55
03-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Schwa
If only we were allowed concealed carries I woulda pulled out.

if we were allowed CCW's...the robbers would also know this and instead of first pulling a knife...they would've both had a couple of glocks pointed at his head....now what? you think you could outdraw them like quickdraw McGraw????

akumajack
03-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah exactly.
That's why we have pre-authorized payment plans so ppl don't have to go to the bank/ATM anymore for that reason.

old&slow
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Maddog55

if we were allowed CCW's...the robbers would also know this and instead of first pulling a knife...they would've both had a couple of glocks pointed at his head....now what? you think you could outdraw them like quickdraw McGraw????

I think you give the perps too much credit!

Kloubek
03-21-2008, 09:08 AM
You know, I'm the first one to stand up to myself. One guy with a knife, I would consider my options. But when you're obviously outnumbered, and risk death - I'm sure I would do exactly the same.

The bottom line is that you did the right thing, and luckily you're safe. Sorry to hear about this - that totally sucks.

icecreamvan
03-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss.

http://www.philosophyblog.com.au/images/crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife.jpg

Hawk01
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
rough:thumbsdow

LuxCars
03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear, ill keep checking facebook marketplace every now and then to see if any of these items have been posted up.

If the guys are smart they will probably create a new account with a fake name and try to sell it that way, but even then just pretend to be an interested buyer.

Good Luck,

have you thought about contacting media?

hoamic11
03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
sorry to hear dude, that's kinda messed up

toyboy88
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
should have just said no and called the cops, they're obviously not stupid, they know if they go in the booth there are video cameras, that's why they made you kick your bag to the door... they'd never have gone in after you and have their mugs up on TV/newspapers.

Probably this would have been a valid "option", but I think most people when ACTUALLY in this situation happening at close to 1am in the morning would be a bit more "OMG?!?!" or "WTF?!?!?!" to properly "react" as they would analyzing the situation's best answer sitting safe in front of a computer...

But OP, glad to hear your safe at least! =)

toyboy88
03-21-2008, 11:12 AM

That's rather dumb....

Oh wait, you drive a bimmer!

:rofl: :rofl:

Hakkola
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
You know, I'm the first one to stand up to myself. One guy with a knife...

Close quarters, it is easier to handle a guy with a gun than a guy with a knife.

If this happened to me and the guy had a gun I would try to disarm him, and I could probably do it, with a knife there is pretty much no chance. I would have either slipped the money into the envelope slot, or handed it over, I would have probably just handed it over.

Hope these guys get caught.

Jlude
03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Terrible news man...

Sorry to hear

01RedDX
03-21-2008, 11:50 AM

v2kai
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
that's fucking balls. hope they get what's coming to them. and not just police...something...'nicer':guns: :guns:

wouldnt it be nice if they tried this on some gang-banger and got popped in the leg

ekguy
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
that sucks pretty bad. Those guys are hurt if they need to rob people at knife point. So ghey

mk4jetta
03-21-2008, 12:32 PM
that sucks, i was in west ed mall last weekend after all the stores were closed and some kids started following us around trying to start shit and im pretty sure they had knifes they had there hands behinds there backs and stuff. pretty scary

max_boost
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Shitty situation. Glad you are OK. I always try to stay away from going to the banks late at night.

Scope951
03-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Clark-Kent
sorry to hear that man
ill keep my eyes out for those things
i would be so pissed if i were you

stupid people these days:guns:

Why do you have a nex forum sig? Specifically the one i made...

On topic, you handled it as best as you could. Best of luck finding the items!

swak
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
holy s- dude,
that sucks.
Mabye call BMO? dont they usually have cameras hidden on the ATMs?
i dono... it might help.

Sorry to hear man.
Best of luck

Toms-SC
03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
At least they didn't have any registered handguns to hold you up with, ammirite?

xenofire
03-21-2008, 11:55 PM
*UPDATE

i spoke with the police today and showed them the sketch i did of the guy i remember, immediately the one officer recognized him and asked if he could take it and make a copy of it.

i also gave them the s/n's of the items i lost to file them into the pawnshop network.

once i get a copy of my sketch back ill post it up here as a warning.

Amysicle
03-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by xenofire
*UPDATE

i spoke with the police today and showed them the sketch i did of the guy i remember, immediately the one officer recognized him and asked if he could take it and make a copy of it.

i also gave them the s/n's of the items i lost to file them into the pawnshop network.

once i get a copy of my sketch back ill post it up here as a warning.

Sounds positive! Hope you get all your stuff back in without a scratch.

xenofire
03-21-2008, 11:58 PM
apparently the guy frequents the cars/houses on the train line and has an existing warrant out for his arrest. if it is in fact the same guy.

mark4091
03-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Complete garbage thats going on, some asshole is going around and slashing every tire in the community right now. It's not really a new trick but this guys been doing it every night for the last 2 weeks now.

Hopefully you get you're stuff back, some people just need to get a job.

PKRipper
03-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Close quarters, it is easier to handle a guy with a gun than a guy with a knife.

If this happened to me and the guy had a gun I would try to disarm him, and I could probably do it, with a knife there is pretty much no chance. I would have either slipped the money into the envelope slot, or handed it over, I would have probably just handed it over.

Hope these guys get caught.

Easy there, Chuck Norris...what's all this "no chance" BS? You'd better get back on the total gym with that kind of attitude.

rmk
03-22-2008, 05:10 PM

no amount of money or possession is worth your life. give them what they want and spare your family the grief of having to bury or visit you in a hospital.

it definitely seems like there is more shit going down now.

xenofire
03-22-2008, 06:06 PM
i'm selling a bunch of stuff to cover some of my losses, check it out an pass on the word.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/212399/the-bob-needs-rent-fs-thread/

not to mention a big thanks for the support from all you guys

stealth
03-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Shitty to hear man.

But how awesome would that be if you had a gun (If you were a thug) and would of just shot him dead right their.

Black Gts
03-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PKRipper

Easy there, Chuck Norris...what's all this "no chance" BS? You'd better get back on the total gym with that kind of attitude.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Id check up on just a couple of his posts. Of all the shit talkers out there Id listen to him..

rmk
03-22-2008, 10:23 PM
wonder if cps will step up enforcement of that particular area. stampede atm/lrt platform. prime area for trouble.

mugen6
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM
all that stuff in the bag, you atleast could've have a weapon or pulled a bruce lee on them. hehe.i carry nanchuks with me. sorry to hear that tho hope you catch the guy. pm me when your going to beat their asses!

eb0i
03-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by mugen6
all that stuff in the bag, you atleast could've have a weapon or pulled a bruce lee on them. hehe.i carry nanchuks with me. sorry to hear that tho hope you catch the guy. pm me when your going to beat their asses!

This must be you then...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/dvsalias/retard_nunchucks.jpg

Maddog55
03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by mugen6

What are you......12 yrs old??? :rolleyes:

mugen6
03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
yeah and your 50 right? haha

Hakkola
03-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by PKRipper

:rofl:

Originally posted by Black Gts

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Id check up on just a couple of his posts. Of all the shit talkers out there Id listen to him..

?

Xtrema
03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
That sucks. But I won't go to the bank in the dark in DT unless you have couple of buddies to back you up. Or go to more crowded places like the west part of 17 Ave.

Destinova403
03-22-2008, 10:57 PM
gay that you got robbed man... but gotta be happy you didnt get hurt... thats whats more important.

Black Gts
03-22-2008, 11:04 PM

:rofl:

?

I was just trying to point out the fact that you spent some time in Finland, in the army if I remember correctly, and your not some shit talking kid.

Hakkola
03-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Ahh, the "..." made it look like sarcasm, so I wasn't sure, and I thought you were calling me a shit talker. I only mentioned anything because people were saying "at least they didn't have any guns" when knives are quite dangerous.

I thought you were calling me a shit talker, so I asked, thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

PKRipper
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I thought you were calling me a shit talker, so I asked, thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

Remember Chuck, shit can only talk when you threaten to roundhouse it in the face. :thumbsup:

takumi25
03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Thats really tragic but like most people said already, you did the right thing by giving them your bag. Those items are only worth a couple of months work and you have all the time in the world to buy them again. You're safe and not a scratch on you so thats whats really important.