PDA

View Full Version : Third party insurance..

Fiasco
03-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Okay dudes, so most of you know i was assaulted a few days ago and now i have decided to get a car..

My question is if i get the cheap third party insurance ( i have to pay costs for repairs on my car)..

how much should the used car be, i am eying Nissan altima's 2002-2005 and they're about 10k..? what do you think

Was quoted 2,000 a year full insurance.. so third party will be half that

300zxfairlday
03-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Ussally if you spend over 5 k its worth getting full insurance.

rc2002
03-22-2008, 11:35 AM
$1000 extra for full coverage? That's robbiery!

That's 10% of your car. If it were me, I would just get liability insurance and save the $1000 for just in case.

tom_9109
03-22-2008, 03:16 PM
How old are you?

Fiasco
03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
How old are you?

20, 21 in August

Masked Bandit
03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Here's some things to keep in mind.

If you only purchase PLPD, you are only covered for damages you do to someone else if you are at-fault for an accident.

If some jack-ass hits your car and takes off, you get nothing.

If someone steals your car, you get nothing.

If your are in an accident where the other party is at-fault, you have to deal directly with their insurance company, your company does not fight on your behalf.

You also have to look at your own personal financial situation. If you spend $10,000 on a car and phuck it up in a crash a month from now, do you have another $10,000 to replace it? If you do, then I say look at just taking the PLPD and saving the money. If you don't, you are taking a pretty big chance.

I just want to make sure you look at all the angles before deciding.

Fiasco
03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Here's some things to keep in mind.

If you only purchase PLPD, you are only covered for damages you do to someone else if you are at-fault for an accident.

If some jack-ass hits your car and takes off, you get nothing.

If someone steals your car, you get nothing.

If your are in an accident where the other party is at-fault, you have to deal directly with their insurance company, your company does not fight on your behalf.

You also have to look at your own personal financial situation. If you spend $10,000 on a car and phuck it up in a crash a month from now, do you have another $10,000 to replace it? If you do, then I say look at just taking the PLPD and saving the money. If you don't, you are taking a pretty big chance.

I just want to make sure you look at all the angles before deciding.

Thanks for the heads up, i didn't know about the stolen situation..will keep it in mind, to be honest i haven't asked for the actual quote for third party, i was just told it is roughly half..

For sure if its only a few hundred, i'd rather take comprehensive!