PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access Forum

BrknFngrs
03-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I've been trying to get on another local forum and up until two days ago I had no problems. Now whenever I try and get on groundpilots the page refuses to load. I have tried signing on with every computer at my house (3 pc's and mac) all with the same results. I know my account wasn't banned because I was able to sign on at a friends house and log into my account.

Anyone know what might be wrong? All I've tried so far is clearing the cache on all my computers and resetting my modem/router, to no avail.

Tik-Tok
03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I had trouble like that a couple years back, it was strange, a forum I frequented wouldn't work, and other random sites wouldn't either (ie National Geographic). Shaw insisted it wasn't them, and that it was my computer. I went through everything, modem, computer, software. didn't find anything.

Finally one day a week later, it cleared up fine. I still think it was Shaw, but could never prove it.

Sorry I can't help, but I tried EVERYTHING in my instance. Only time cured it.

BrknFngrs
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Well I've tried everything I can think of and I contacted Telus today. They insisted it was my computer and not their service, which I know is not the case but that was the only help they could provide.

So far I've tried various browsers, various computers, dumping the temp files, flushing dns, releasing/renewing my IP.

Can anyone else give me some ideas?

adam c
03-25-2008, 07:28 PM
ip ban possibly?

BrknFngrs
03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by adam c
ip ban possibly?

I guess this is a possibility, though I know I wasn't banned directly because I can still sign on with my account from any other network. I guess maybe I was just collateral damage? Is there any way to test this?