PDA

View Full Version : Creatine/BCAA/Glutamine

liquidboi69
03-23-2008, 11:41 PM
K so I've checked up some of the searches on this topic, some do provide some good info but many of them are all in different threads. Mainly most of them seems to head to the shitters after a few post by the "intelligent" people in this forum.

Anyways I've only read up creatine out of the 3 things im curious about. So far i've gathered that monohydrate is the most used and seems to provide the most consistent gains.

I was just wondering if one were to take all 3... how would a schedule look like??

So for creatine, its suggested immediately after a work out, and suggests u take your protein powder 30 mins after to ensure optimum absorption by the stomach.

Now im curious to as where the BCAAs and Gluatime fits? the label says you should mix it in with your favourite protein drink or just any other fluids.

And lastly, people that have used and/or on these supplements, can you give me some insight on your gains over your course of using it?

Thanks for any replies

JWL
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
BCAA is the worst tasting stuff ever!!! I take this in powder form and when I first tried it, it's really hard to mix it with water cuz it won't disolve. So, now I just scoop it into my mouth and down it with water asap. It will probably be easier to take it in pill form, but with powder, it gets right into your bloodstream. Anyway, I take BCAA about four times a day. Once in the morning, before and after a weight workout and one more time before going to bed. As for Glutamine, I take it three times a day. Morning before breakfast, after workout and before I go to bed. I also take this in powder form.

So, you can down the BCAA with your creatine before you workout and have it with your protein shake after your workout.

This will be week six for me while taking BCAA and Glutamine, and so far I've noticed a difference, but then again, I'm training for a fitness competition, so my diet has also changed too. I haven't done any real ab workouts, but I do see definition.

Ichigo
03-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by JWL
BCAA is the worst tasting stuff ever!!! I take this in powder form and when I first tried it, it's really hard to mix it with water cuz it won't disolve. So, now I just scoop it into my mouth and down it with water asap. It will probably be easier to take it in pill form, but with powder, it gets right into your bloodstream. Anyway, I take BCAA about four times a day. Once in the morning, before and after a weight workout and one more time before going to bed. As for Glutamine, I take it three times a day. Morning before breakfast, after workout and before I go to bed. I also take this in powder form.

So, you can down the BCAA with your creatine before you workout and have it with your protein shake after your workout.

This will be week six for me while taking BCAA and Glutamine, and so far I've noticed a difference, but then again, I'm training for a fitness competition, so my diet has also changed too. I haven't done any real ab workouts, but I do see definition.

Really? what brand of Bcaa's do you use? Mine tastes like candy and mixes well in water. I usually throw 2 scoops in with a scoop of glutamine in b4 workout and 1 scoop bcaa and 1scoop glutamine after. I'm using something Called Xtend for my bcaa's.

Oz-
03-26-2008, 07:18 AM
You can get 2 powder type forms of BCAA's....the one that adding raw sewage to it would make it taste better is likely the instantized version that JWL is taking. Other kind is one that you can mix and comes in different flavors.

JWL
03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ichigo

Really? what brand of Bcaa's do you use? Mine tastes like candy and mixes well in water. I usually throw 2 scoops in with a scoop of glutamine in b4 workout and 1 scoop bcaa and 1scoop glutamine after. I'm using something Called Xtend for my bcaa's.

I got mine at Popeye's and it's a Dymatize Nutrition brand.

kerry
03-26-2008, 03:10 PM
There's also two kinds of Creatine. There's Monohydrate and Ethyl Ester (sp).

I think it's best to post what you're looking to gain from these supplements then we can help you out. I don't feel like posting all of the info about both personally... maybe Darkane will hahaha. Sorry bud.

You can pm me with your workout plan and goals etc, I can suggest or help you from there.

bigbadboss101
03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah Xtend is higher recommended by people on bb.com. I have the watermelon Xtend now but I think I like grape better. Will try lemon next.

95EG6P
04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I have grape xtend and I mix it with my gatorade, it's very sweet.

Darkane
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kerry
I don't feel like posting all of the info about both personally... maybe Darkane will hahaha. Sorry bud.

You can pm me with your workout plan and goals etc, I can suggest or help you from there.

Meh to lazy :poosie:

BCAA's are amazing. I just started another "cycle" of them if you will. I ran out or else I wouldn't have stopped lol.

I use BCAA Boost (No caffeine) and it rocks. I got the fruit punch flavor, but I like lemon better. Bought from Trueprotein.com

When I take it I just sip 35-40g through out the workout. When I was using it I was cutting as I am now and gained 20lbs on my bench in 7 weeks last time. That's on a reduced cal diet!

As for creatine and glutamine I don't take any so No comments from me.

Oz-
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
My BCAA intake is practically identical to Darkane's in both product (BCAA Boost (no caf.) Fruit Punch from True Protein), the amount, and time (during WO).

If you really wanted to get information, start off by reading wikipedia. Once your eyes glaze over, then you might be able to find articles that bring it up a few levels for you to understand.

As for my lifts, started Feb. 13 on this stuff, they have all gone up a tremendous amount. Have another de-load/max testing week in 3 weeks, so can comment on the actual weights.