PDA

View Full Version : 2008 evo... no test drives?

willyC
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
My friend wants to buy an evo... he has the cash saved up... but the mits dealerships in edmonton dont allow test drives unless you buy the vechile first. Is this normal??? it is not exactly an expensive car... I could see such attitude towards a 120k+ porsche, but a 4door <50k sedan??? He cant justify buying a new car that he cant even see if he enjoys driving it. Subaru doesnt mind STi test drives. Very odd.

bamboo403
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I think its because they are sold out and dont want you test driving a sold vehicle?

heavyD
03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by bamboo403
I think its because they are sold out and dont want you test driving a sold vehicle?

I wanted to test drive one at Platinum Mitsubishi but the only two they had there were sold so no test drive.:(

Team_Mclaren
03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
seeing that certain Honda dealerships in Calgary wont let you test drive a 28K civic (the si, but still a damn civic). I'm not surprised.

Ferio_vti
03-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Meh, dealer have they're policies, what can you do.

PremiumRSX
03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I think it has more to do that the vehicles they have on the lot and maybe the next couple coming are already pre-sold.

rc2002
03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
^ Yeah Honda is pretty stingy with their Civic SI. Last time I went to T&T they let me drive their DX and they said the SI was very similar. :rofl:

On the high demand cars, they don't have trouble selling them with no test drives. That's because there's enough idiots out there who would buy the car without being able to drive it first.

88CRX
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
[B

That's because there's enough idiots out there who would buy the car without being able to drive it first. [/B]

You'd have to be crazy to buy a car without a test drive or atleast a ride along.... BMW lets you bag on their cars all day long, they actually encouraged it haha.

However Honda won't let you drive a Civic SI :rolleyes: ..... gotta love stealerships.

teggypimp95
03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah who is honestly going to spend that much on a new car that they wont even let you test drive? No way. I dont see why they dont just side aside one to be the official test drive car.

Mr_ET
03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
I know platinum has 2 gsr's right now that are not sold.

They may or may not let you test drive them but it's worth a call to find out!

jdmXSI
03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I think one of the big reasons for no test drives, is that someone looking to buy the car wouldnt want 2-300kms on it when they pick it up. Especially on a higher perfomance car, those 2-300kms are going to really hard kms. If one were really serious on buying one, write a deal subject to a test drive and make sure your deposit is refundable if you dont like the car.

Redlyne_mr2
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
As jdmxsi mentioned lots of test pilots out there, write up a deal, make it subject to a test drive, leave a refundable deposit, easy as that.

Jlude
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

You'd have to be crazy to buy a car without a test drive or atleast a ride along.... BMW lets you bag on their cars all day long, they actually encouraged it haha.

yes they do!

Aleks
03-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Just find a dealer that will let you test drive one, simple as that. GTS_Jeff drove an EVO in EDM iirc.

Crowfoot honda doesn't let you drive their civics and they have lots a bunch of sales to T&T who do let people drive the $26K cars :nut:

rage2
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I think one of the big reasons for no test drives, is that someone looking to buy the car wouldnt want 2-300kms on it when they pick it up. Especially on a higher perfomance car, those 2-300kms are going to really hard kms. If one were really serious on buying one, write a deal subject to a test drive and make sure your deposit is refundable if you dont like the car.
That's why they have demo cars. You test drive a demo car, and buy a brand new car.

Redlyne_mr2
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

However Honda won't let you drive a Civic SI :rolleyes: ..... gotta love stealerships.
BMW wont let you take out an m3 IIRC.. it's all about availability and liability. Not letting someone go out in an SI though is insane.

Moe Man
03-24-2008, 01:04 PM
i can totaly see T&T honda doing that. the most tight dealership ever.

that loser izzy :thumbsdow

benyl
03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
i can totaly see T&amp;T honda doing that. the most tight dealership ever.

that loser izzy :thumbsdow

You might want to re-read the thread.

Daan
03-24-2008, 01:29 PM
with mitsu i had the same experience but it was justified. the cars on the lot were already sold : )

Moe Man
03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You might want to re-read the thread.

what the hell are you talking about?

benyl
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
T&T lets you test drive cars. Crowfoot does not. You are bashing the wrong dealership.

Moe Man
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah Honda is pretty stingy with their Civic SI. Last time I went to T&T they let me drive their DX and they said the SI was very similar.

^i believe he was talking about T&T.

bspot
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

BMW wont let you take out an m3 IIRC.. it's all about availability and liability. Not letting someone go out in an SI though is insane.

They were even dicks about letting me take out a used M3. Audi had no problem letting me and my friend take two S4's out by ourselves.

wardpr68
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I work at T&T and know a salesman there VERY well... my friends have driven the Civic SI and Accord V6 coupe... so i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

rc2002
03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
I work at T&amp;T and know a salesman there VERY well... my friends have driven the Civic SI and Accord V6 coupe... so i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Too bad T&T doesn't treat everyone the same way.

I think it must be a dealership policy because any intelligent salesman would let be liberal with test drives - it's a tool to help sell cars. More test drives = more potential customers.

max_boost
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
I test drove the Si at T&T too. It comes down to the sales guy you are dealing with.

Richard, how long ago was this? I think I told you to go see Sorath at T&T?

Team_Mclaren
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I walked into T&T 2 weeks ago and was offered a test drive in the SI...:dunno:

88CRX
03-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I dunno... this was pre-M3 times a few months back.

But your right Honda should have no excuse with the SI.... shitty salesman end of story.

rc2002
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I test drove the Si at T&amp;T too. It comes down to the sales guy you are dealing with.

Richard, how long ago was this? I think I told you to go see Sorath at T&amp;T?

Yeah this was quite a few months before we talked. Probably at the beginning of summer last year. It was before the sedan even came out.

GTS Jeff
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I think one of the big reasons for no test drives, is that someone looking to buy the car wouldnt want 2-300kms on it when they pick it up. Especially on a higher perfomance car, those 2-300kms are going to really hard kms. If one were really serious on buying one, write a deal subject to a test drive and make sure your deposit is refundable if you dont like the car. :bullshit:

The irony is that salesmen feed people this bullshit, but if it were actually true, there'd be no use for car salesmen. Why not just order a car directly from the warehouse if that's how the car manufacturers intend on doing business? F that.

GTS Jeff
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
In reality, the ONLY reason they don't give out test drives is if they just don't take you seriously and think that you're going to waste their time. This is a terrible attitude, but unfortunately, in this sort of thriving economy, salesmen get cocky and don't bother chasing anything but guaranteed sales. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people wanting test drives with no intention of buying. Case in point:

Originally posted by heavyD

I wanted to test drive one at Platinum Mitsubishi but the only two they had there were sold so no test drive.:(

When I went to take a look at the Evo, they ripped the fake SOLD sign out of the car and drove the freshly detailed Evo right out of showroom for me. The owner of the dealership personally took me out on the test drive too. No deposits, no contracts, no bullshit.

If you don't bullshit them, they don't bullshit you. End of story.

heavyD
03-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
In reality, the ONLY reason they don't give out test drives is if they just don't take you seriously and think that you're going to waste their time. This is a terrible attitude, but unfortunately, in this sort of thriving economy, salesmen get cocky and don't bother chasing anything but guaranteed sales. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people wanting test drives with no intention of buying. Case in point:

When I went to take a look at the Evo, they ripped the fake SOLD sign out of the car and drove the freshly detailed Evo right out of showroom for me. The owner of the dealership personally took me out on the test drive too. No deposits, no contracts, no bullshit.

Right. They would turn away someone that has bought two new cars from them and let a punk ass little asian drive one. Makes sense! The only bullshit is spewing from your keyboard.:thumbsdow

funkedelic
03-24-2008, 07:23 PM
i test drove a local one, they were reluctant at first because i look a lot younger than i actually am. Only reason i think they let me is because i knew the owners kid and he knew i was actually serious about buying one.

canadianskyline
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Im 21.....told the guy i wasnt that interested in buying....we took it out for a good ole shit bagging anyway.

Wicked car btw, i recomend driving one. But ill probably buy a 350z.

Team_Mclaren
03-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline
Im 21.....told the guy i wasnt that interested in buying....we took it out for a good ole shit bagging anyway.

Wicked car btw, i recomend driving one. But ill probably buy a 350z.

The Alberta Drift King has spoken (Top 10 out of... may be 12 guys competing?). You idiots better listen up.

4doorj
03-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by willyC
Subaru doesnt mind STi test drives. Very odd.
the first couple years i remember they would not let me test drive one

GTS Jeff
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by willyC
Subaru doesnt mind STi test drives. Very odd. Very true. I've test driven the 08 STI three times now. Each time harder than the last haha.

Right. They would turn away someone that has bought two new cars from them and let a punk ass little asian drive one. Makes sense! The only bullshit is spewing from your keyboard.:thumbsdow Hurts doesn't it? :poosie:

ZorroAMG
03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
28K civic

:rofl: :rofl:

Toms-SC
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Same deal as the cars being locked up and on stands during the car show here in Calgary. I can understand having premium cars locked up and up and stands but Toyota has the smrt idea of taking a 24K Corolla, locking it up and putting it on a stand. Seriously get over yourselves.

k_dawg
03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
If your buddy is really looking to buy the evo, hyatt mitusbishi has a red one that the owners bought for the individuals that had a deposit on the car to test drive. I would go down there (even if you don't want to buy from them) and at least see if you can get them to take you for a ride in it. I got to test drive it and it was great.

Rat Fink
03-25-2008, 02:06 PM

Super_Geo
03-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Right. They would turn away someone that has bought two new cars from them and let a punk ass little asian drive one. Makes sense! The only bullshit is spewing from your keyboard.:thumbsdow

Dude, haven't you heard? That's the kind of mad respect you get in Alberta when you're a ballin nutritionalist!!

heavyD
03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Dude, haven't you heard? That's the kind of mad respect you get in Alberta when you're a ballin nutritionalist!!

So Jeffry Ma is a nutritionalist? Nutritionalist, likes to put his cock in the mouth of sleeping men. Things are starting to make sense now. LOL!:rofl:

GTS Jeff
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM

So Jeffry Ma is a nutritionalist? Nutritionalist, likes to put his cock in the mouth of sleeping men. Things are starting to make sense now. LOL!:rofl: Man, you take right after TNation:

-doesn't realize when Super Geo is making fun of you
-makes shit up about me because that's all you've got
-trying to empower yourself by saying my full name, yet spelling it wrong

But at least Tnation was never lame enough to pretend that I was on his ignore list while still replying to all my posts. Then again, he was never butthurt that the dealership didn't let him drive a car because they could tell that he would never buy the car. I can tell from here that you're full of shit; I'm not surprised the salesmen told you to fuck off too.

Toms-SC
03-25-2008, 05:02 PM
:rofl:

heavyD
03-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Man, you take right after TNation:

-doesn't realize when Super Geo is making fun of you
-makes shit up about me because that's all you've got
-trying to empower yourself by saying my full name, yet spelling it wrong

But at least Tnation was never lame enough to pretend that I was on his ignore list while still replying to all my posts. Then again, he was never butthurt that the dealership didn't let him drive a car because they could tell that he would never buy the car. I can tell from here that you're full of shit; I'm not surprised the salesmen told you to fuck off too.

Sorry about the spelling of your name Jeffrey. I guess I'll just stick to Homo from now on. Empowerment? Don't need it. I'm a heterosexual male, you are a gay man who feels to be accepted you must pick on other people and be a funny man. I like me better.

Dude I'm always going to one-up you because I have more going for me like the fact that I'm smarter and I'm not gay. You promise to appologize and kiss my feet and I will let you practice your alternative lifestyle in peace.

BTW: What did I make up? There's a thread about you putting your cock in a male's mouth when he was sleeping. Sounds pretty gay to me. Oh......and other beyond members have hated your guts too? Shocking. LOL:)

dsbooyah
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I just got a test drive a 2008 accord v6 coupe and a civic si at T&T honda. No problems there. I even told sales man i was not even sure if i wanted a honda, let alone a 28g civic. he then ran to the back and shoved keys in my hand and told me to drive it to the chestmere tim hortons and grab a coffee. Dude!!!! I am sold now. As for test drives, T&T Honda was one of the better dealerships over all.

GTS Jeff
03-26-2008, 08:33 AM

Sorry about the spelling of your name Jeffrey. I guess I'll just stick to Homo from now on. Empowerment? Don't need it. I'm a heterosexual male, you are a gay man who feels to be accepted you must pick on other people and be a funny man. I like me better.

Dude I'm always going to one-up you because I have more going for me like the fact that I'm smarter and I'm not gay. You promise to appologize and kiss my feet and I will let you practice your alternative lifestyle in peace.

BTW: What did I make up? There's a thread about you putting your cock in a male's mouth when he was sleeping. Sounds pretty gay to me. Oh......and other beyond members have hated your guts too? Shocking. LOL:) Why exactly would I kiss your feet? Because you went on a long homophobic rant based on an inside joke between my friends and I? You're pathetic. You can't even be trusted to drive a hopped up Lancer.

And come on, where's that ignore list you pretend I'm on?

rage2
03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Seriously you 2, just meet up in person and kick the shit outta each other. The e-fight is getting lame, and I'm tired of deleting posts.

jdmXSI
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
:bullshit:

The irony is that salesmen feed people this bullshit, but if it were actually true, there'd be no use for car salesmen. Why not just order a car directly from the warehouse if that's how the car manufacturers intend on doing business? F that.

Im not say its done that way all the time, cause its not. Personally, i sell the cars and i cant even drive them. So if what i tell people is a load of shit, then why can't i even drive the STi??? I get just as frustrated too, theres nothing worse then dealing with someone who dosent know what they're talking about. I don't wanna be that guy. I can know all of the spec but if i dont know what it drives like, then what does it matter...

BlkMaxima
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Seriously you 2, just meet up in person and kick the shit outta each other. The e-fight is getting lame, and I'm tired of deleting posts.

Fight, Fight, Fight....

The_1
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM

BTW: What did I make up? There's a thread about you putting your cock in a male's mouth when he was sleeping. Sounds pretty gay to me. Oh......and other beyond members have hated your guts too? Shocking. LOL:)

:rofl:

Toms-SC
03-26-2008, 01:08 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/disrespect_1.gif

Mr_ET
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
gay e-fight again.

C'mon guys be a bit more mature and let stuff go.:rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
03-26-2008, 01:31 PM

Im not say its done that way all the time, cause its not. Personally, i sell the cars and i cant even drive them. So if what i tell people is a load of shit, then why can't i even drive the STi??? I get just as frustrated too, theres nothing worse then dealing with someone who dosent know what they're talking about. I don't wanna be that guy. I can know all of the spec but if i dont know what it drives like, then what does it matter... Last time I test drove an STI, I let the salesman drive the car back to the dealership. :thumbsup:

max_boost
03-26-2008, 03:40 PM

Were your test drives at Edmonton dealers? So do you have any intention to buy the STi after 3 test drives? haha

GTS Jeff
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Were your test drives at Edmonton dealers? So do you have any intention to buy the STi after 3 test drives? haha Same dealership, same salesman. The STI is at the top of my list right now and I'll be thrashing a 135 this weekend too. There's a reason I went three times though. The first time I went, the car wasn't PDI'd, so I drove it around in limp mode. Second time, they fixed everything and I beat it around town pretty hard. Third time, there was a fresh snowfall and they just installed winter tires, so I got a chance to see how it felt in the snow.

But honestly, I just took my S2000 out for a day, and it actually feels wayyyyy better than the STI to drive. I might actually need to go back for a FOURTH time to really decide if the STI can be a good replacement for the S2000. All the other times I drove the STI, I had already been used to driving my Legacy, which isn't a sports car haha.

tabouli
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
After taking a 3 day test drive with the new STi ... :thumbsup:

The gas mileage is a chilling reality. But the car itself is in another league from the AP2. I'm not sure I would compare the two. The EVO is far more similar, and probably doesn't deliver a much different package from the Subaru. Differences between the EVO and STi lines have always been thin.

If you want a proper test drive ... Don't waste your time with assholes at the greasy dealership for a 5 minute zip. Do what I do, and borrow cars from your friends for the weekend. :)