PDA

View Full Version : Any Oasis fans out there??

Pages : [1] 2

born2workoncars
03-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Read in the hearld a couple days ago that they might be coming to Calgary in August, for the first time ever! I went to see them in Toronto in 05 and would be stoked to see them at the dome... Anyone else??

rmk
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Hasbeens. They had a couple great songs, but I wouldn't pay over $25 to see them.

b_t
03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
One of the most overrated bands in the history of music. They were shit in their day, and are probably even worse now.

zipdoa
03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Hasbeens. They had a couple great songs, but I wouldn't pay over $25 to see them.
Guess you won't be seeing them then. :rofl:

I would definately disagree and say they have more than a couple 'great songs'. A lot better than any shit i've heard lately!!

coolstoryhansel
03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
They're basically The Beatles v2.0. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all.

If the rumours are true, I'll definitely be in attendance.

finboy
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
love them, i have noel's sig guitar.

their last album was great, it's too bad liam's voice is terrible now, i've heard some of their live stuff and his voice is painful. mckenzie saw them in vancouver last time they toured, but you will be hard pressed to find a lot of people that remember much of them besides "wonderwall." Either way, noel knows how to write a great tune using the "keep it simple" mentality. noel was talking about doing doing a solo project, but nothing materialized yet

iul4SBlHIf8
2eVsiuVKUSY
lUKeP6cNcHM
crY2wHTLhs0
TriGF_hoWTI

http://nels.blog.20minutes.fr/images/medium_df.2.JPG

can't wait :thumbsup:

syeve
03-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by coolstoryhansel
They're basically The Beatles v2.0.

NO...BAD.

finboy
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by syeve

NO...BAD.

:werd:

they aren't the beatles

beatles were original in everything they did

oasis borrowed from the sex pistols, t-rex, beatles, the kinks, suede, the stone roses, etc. and tied it into some great music, kind of like how nirvana borrowed from a bunch of other bands and came up with some great songs.

analbumcover
03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
i think i would like them better if noel wasnt such a cocky prick, although he is very gifted, hes worse than kanye, but ill always have a soft spot for 'Ye

finboy
03-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
i think i would like them better if noel wasnt such a cocky prick, although he is very gifted, hes worse than kanye, but ill always have a soft spot for 'Ye

liam is the useless one, noel, while cocky, makes very valid points most of the time*

*exception being comments made during the cocaine years of 94 - 98

rmk
03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Who remembers when Liam was hit in the head with a shoe, and numerous coins at the Vancouver show many years ago. Good stuff.

finboy
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Who remembers when Liam was hit in the head with a shoe, and numerous coins at the Vancouver show many years ago. Good stuff.

because throwing shit at people on stage is funny :rolleyes:

zipdoa
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by finboy

liam is the useless one, noel, while cocky, makes very valid points most of the time*

*exception being comments made during the cocaine years of 94 - 98

Worse than Kanye? A black man who can rhyme... there's a recipe for sucess in this day and age.

Now if only Liam still had this sound!

edit:

can't embed apparently...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gedOXPqNEGI (Live Forever @ Gleneagles)

Live Forever Acoustic (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VLStrrc-wY8)

rmk
03-24-2008, 02:00 PM

because throwing shit at people on stage is funny :rolleyes:

Oh, eat a dick.

Jlude
03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rmk

I remember hearing about that. I went through a big oasis phase for a while, spent a lot of time reading up on them.

finboy
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by rmk

Oh, eat a dick.
damn, you're on fire today, i didn't think anyone could make themselves looks so useless at once, but post after post, you are proving everyone wrong.

keep up the good work champ :thumbsup:

analbumcover
03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
*SNIP*
their last album was great, it's too bad liam's voice is terrible now, i've heard some of their live stuff and his voice is painful.
*SNIP*

Hh7pUR5vGQU

case and point

also sorry i couldnt remember which one was the cockiest lol

Euro838
03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Love their hits but outside of those, the rest of their other songs were really only fillers. From the concerts that I have watched of theirs, nothing exciting or above just listening to the album.

finboy
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Hh7pUR5vGQU

case and point

also sorry i couldnt remember which one was the cockiest lol

y3f5rWzVSGw

33KLEbjJM9s

apparently his voice has gotten better since noel threatened to kick him out of the band, but i'll believe it when i see it :dunno:

zipdoa
03-24-2008, 02:57 PM
his voice was exceptionally raspy at the familiar to millions gig, but I think it sounded badass on some tracks (gas panic!)...

I think there's loads of b-sides that are better than some album tracks, point proven by 'The Masterplan'.

analbumcover
03-24-2008, 03:01 PM

y3f5rWzVSGw

33KLEbjJM9s

apparently his voice has gotten better since noel threatened to kick him out of the band, but i'll believe it when i see it :dunno:

well they both sounded terrible, but the 94 one only sounded bad because of the quality, damn!

finboy
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
point proven by 'The Masterplan'.

7qvKdXA1EGI
JZ2jWJgZrjg
lk655JuF9ic

zipdoa
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
wicked solo at the end!

this one's for me mum

VSvaEeL8IRM

coolstoryhansel
03-24-2008, 03:27 PM

they aren't the beatles

beatles were original in everything they did

oasis borrowed from the sex pistols, t-rex, beatles, the kinks, suede, the stone roses, etc. and tied it into some great music, kind of like how nirvana borrowed from a bunch of other bands and came up with some great songs.

Agreed.

What I meant was that the Gallaghers were heavily influenced by The Beatles.

Oasis are lucky to have the recording technology they have now in order to accommodate the plethora of sounds they incorporate in their tracks.

Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>> Oasis

Now back to Oasis. My fave CD has to be "Be Here Now" and I think I'm one of the very few who actually appreciates it. It's melodic. It's loud. It's amazing.

zipdoa
03-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Agreed.

Oasis are lucky to have the recording technology they have now in order to accommodate the plethora of sounds they incorporate in their tracks.

Now back to Oasis. My fave CD has to be "Be Here Now" and I think I'm one of the very few who actually appreciates it. It's melodic. It's loud. It's amazing.

I like the beatles... but I just find their sound a little to dated for my tastes. Maybe a little to psychadellic. As for Be Here Now, I thought it was a decent album, especially D'You know what I mean, but I can think of 2 better albums for sure.

finboy
03-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Agreed.

GREAT tracks on that cd, it really wasn't as bad as people like to say, and it had johnny depp playing slide guitar. i would argue that as per live stuff, that was when they were at their peak

JordanEG6
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
they have a few good songs on "whats the story, morning glory?", but i wouldnt go as far as "the next beetles" nor would I go see them.

Mckenzie
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Fuck yeah!!

I saw Oasis in 2005 in Vancouver and they were dead on- put on an incredible show. They were so tight and sounded great. I've never seen a crowd so into a show either. They had a period around the familiar to millions time where their live shows and personal differences got the best of them but their last tour was fantastic. Noel is a very talented song writer and Liam has a great rock n roll raspy voice. I'm not gonna dispute they are not cocky fucks, but they have the album sales and success to back it up.

As for being has beens, why is that they continually sell out every show tour after tour for stadium shows around the world? Collective Soul plays at the Stampede...thats a washed up 90s band.

Their first two albums were rated the #1 and #2 albums in the UK in the past 25 years. First album fastest selling debut in the history of music.

Enough said...it will sell out very fast and I'll be first in line to watch a great show if it comes but I wont hold my breath as I heard the same thing 3 years ago but it never happened.

Neil4Speed
03-24-2008, 03:45 PM
his voice was exceptionally raspy at the familiar to millions gig, but I think it sounded badass on some tracks (gas panic!)...

I think there's loads of b-sides that are better than some album tracks, point proven by 'The Masterplan'.

Huge Oasis fan here, I really do agree that there are allot of gems in their b-sides. If oasis comes in August I will be first in line to get tickets.

They are a fantastic band, and very underrated this side of the pond. Gas Panic is a personal favorite.

finboy
03-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I'll be first in line to watch a great show if it comes but I wont hold my breath as I heard the same thing 3 years ago but it never happened.

vancouver '08 or bust :thumbsup: :rofl:

IncredibleToad
03-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Im a fan of their stuff and i'd definitely go see them if they came!!! Most people just know them by "wonderwall" and "champagne supernova" but have yet to hear some of their better stuff, and I don't think a lot of people here listen to them to begin with.

The raspy voice is kind of what defines and sets Oasis apart a bit...I like it and goes well with the music they make.

I personally really enjoy listening to them, my favorite albums must be "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" and "Be Here Now" and i do agree that their stuff hasn't gotten much better, in particular Heathen Chemistry kinda sucked imo.

oasis
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Oasis rules the world, seen them in seattle, vancouver, las vegas and in hollywood. it'll be shocking if they come to calgary, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

finboy
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by IncredibleToad
Im a fan of their stuff and i'd definitely go see them if they came!!! Most people just know them by "wonderwall" and "champagne supernova" but have yet to hear some of their better stuff.

The raspy voice is kind of what defines and sets Oasis apart a bit...I like it and goes well with the music they make.

I personally really enjoy listening to them, my favorite albuims must be "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" and "Be Here Now" and i do agree that their stuff hasn't gotten much better, in particular Heathen Chemistry kinda sucked imo.

don't believe the truth was a big improvement, different then their old stuff because noel let go of some of the song writing power, but really solid work that stands on its own.

QuasarCav
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I still have whats the story and Definitely Maybe in the disc changer but I doubt that is what I would be hearing if I went to the concert.

Mckenzie
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM

vancouver '08 or bust :thumbsup: :rofl:

I'm all over the next tour no worries!

Originally posted by IncredibleToad
Im a fan of their stuff and i'd definitely go see them if they came!!! Most people just know them by "wonderwall" and "champagne supernova" but have yet to hear some of their better stuff, and I don't think a lot of people here listen to them to begin with.

I personally really enjoy listening to them, my favorite albums must be "(What's the Story) Morning Glory" and "Be Here Now" and i do agree that their stuff hasn't gotten much better, in particular Heathen Chemistry kinda sucked imo.

As Noel said on the last DVD, he is the better singer but Liam has the best voice. I think you would really like Dont Believe the Truth...my 4th favorite next Defenitely Maybe, Whats the Story, and Be Here Now.

Originally posted by oasis
Oasis rules the world, seen them in seattle, vancouver, las vegas and in hollywood. it'll be shocking if they come to calgary, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

x 1000...killer group.

don't believe the truth was a big improvement, different then their old stuff because noel let go of some of the song writing power, but really solid work that stands on its own.

I have to say that dont believe the truth was an awesome album. Much more mature but still super groovy.

PS- Johnnyy Depp played slide guitar on Be Here Now for those who did not know that!

jsn
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Loved their album (What's the Story) Morning Glory. Haven't really heard too much of their new songs though

zipdoa
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
ticketmaster says they're booked for a gig in toronto, presale goes on tomorrow!

born2workoncars
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Are they coming to calgary?

aaronck
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Seems in Toronto they're booked into the Virgin festival, maybe here too?

Mckenzie
03-27-2008, 01:21 PM
^No mention yet. They are heading the virgin music festival on center island with a few other bands...should be a killer show.

No other tour dates announced as of yet so I'm sure if they are then it will be announced with the rest of the tour.

403Gemini
03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
If they come to calgary im DEFINATELY seeing them :thumbsup:

Originally posted by rmk

HO HO! THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS :rolleyes:

Thats a great way to end a concert early... sounds like a waste of money to me

treg50
03-28-2008, 12:57 PM
^No mention yet. They are heading the virgin music festival on center island with a few other bands...should be a killer show.

No other tour dates announced as of yet so I'm sure if they are then it will be announced with the rest of the tour.
Oh it's gonna be huge. Currently the scheduler headliners are: FOO FIGHTERS, OASIS, and BLOC PARTY.

The best part.... I #$%@ing love all three of those bands. For me it's unreal, they are three superstar bands to me. If they add Rage Against The Machine to that lineup you will know hell has frozen over solid, right now it's just frozen with those three.
:eek:

AndrewMZ3
03-31-2008, 10:01 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1100407980DD673C?artistid=766720&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Now just need to find the presale code! Anyone have one to share?

zipdoa
03-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Confirmed that they are coming to calgary!!!!

Mckenzie
03-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I just said "oh my fuck" out loud at work...so stoked!!

Someone please post the presale password here!

403Gemini
03-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Need this code!!!haha

finboy
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
CODE!!!!!!!

QuasarCav
03-31-2008, 05:39 PM
It's going to be an expensive summer.

Where can you find the code? Fan club?

finboy
03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
It's going to be an expensive summer.

Where can you find the code? Fan club?

working on something

finboy
03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
http://blog.muchmusic.com/archives/2008/03/believe_the_tru.php

boom, it's wonderwall

QuasarCav
03-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Awesome!

finboy
03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
waiting for confirmation from ebay source :rofl:

jdmSiR
03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
oasis is so jdm, i would definetley attend their shindig in august.

orangefreddie
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Got this email from CJAY 92...

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1967/oasisry0.jpg

zipdoa
04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
14 minutes to gooooo

403Gemini
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
12 min!

zipdoa
04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
got 4 floor tickets... fuck i wanted 8!!!

aaronck
04-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I tried right at 10 and nothing? thought it was april fools....

Neil4Speed
04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
WTF I got no floor tickets only up high!! I only wanted 2!

403Gemini
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Section 113, right accross from the stage :D tried to get 108 or 121 to be right next to it... but whatever haha

Grogador
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
so the damn code gave floor tix? i was trying right at ten, got none :'( got decent seats but i want my two damn floor tix!!

Neil4Speed
04-01-2008, 10:18 AM
So I just called ticketmaster and couldn't get floor with either one of the passwords (oasisinet and wonderwall)

403Gemini
oasisinet is a working code for anybody who cant get in

edit: ... which i see was already posted lol

Mckenzie
Floor tickets 8th row!

Looking to pick up a few more sets so I will pawn off the ones I dont need here first.

Drooling over this show. :thumbsup:

zipdoa
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Row 8 seats 34-31!!!!

Mckenzie
04-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Oasisnet did not work for me. FYI.

zipdoa
04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
i used OASISINET. has to be in caps =)

Grogador
04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
oasisinet/Oasisinet/OASISINET works fine here... no luck getting on the floor though, damn it!! wait, so floor isn't general admission?

rip
04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Nope, the floor is assigned seats not GA.

Mckenzie
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Row 8 seats 34-31!!!!

I'm seats 42 and 41- see ya there! Sounds like there are way on the side though...oh well...will be closest I've ever been for sure.

Super_Geo
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
8 seats in a row in Section 112!

AndrewMZ3
04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

I thought presale limit is 4 tickets? Won't you get your order cancelled?

AndrewMZ3
04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Oasisnet did not work for me. FYI.

you left out the second i

it should be oasisInet

403Gemini
04-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Right next to ya in 113 :D IM SO EXCITED haha damn buying tickets is like adrenaline pumping haha. Feels like the stock market, do the first search RIGHT at 10 i get 225 im like "WTF?!?!?!"

Super_Geo
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3

I thought presale limit is 4 tickets? Won't you get your order cancelled?

Nope, 2 different credit cards :D

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Right next to ya in 113 :D IM SO EXCITED haha damn buying tickets is like adrenaline pumping haha. Feels like the stock market, do the first search RIGHT at 10 i get 225 im like "WTF?!?!?!"

Haha sweet, we'll have to meet up for a pint at the show!

zipdoa
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
jesus christ... 2 front row tickets for $1300 already on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OASIS-TICKETS-CALGARY-PENGROWTH-SADDLEDOME-FRONT-ROW_W0QQitemZ350043077584QQihZ022QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3g4u
04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Just got my tickets. sect. 226 row 16:rolleyes: . Oh well i have seen them twice before. Should be a great show. Oasis rules.

Mckenzie
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Ok I just got another password from Live Nation.

Password is Rock and it goes on sale NOW! But the tickets available are kinda weak...up in 200s.

finboy
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
4 tickets in 214 front row of the first balcony, 4 tickets row 20 on the floor, if anyone wants to sell something in the first 10 rows, lemme know ;)

both sets i got are good seats, but the ebay prices are out to lunch, it's calgary '08, not knebworth '96

tomt64
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by b_t
One of the most overrated bands in the history of music. They were shit in their day, and are probably even worse now.
Obviously you were never in Europe back in the 90's then. If you dont know what you are talking about STFU.

anarchy
04-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Sec 214, Row 13

I didn't know today was presale...dammit.

finboy
04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
Sec 214, Row 13

I didn't know today was presale...dammit.

if you want to move to the front of that section, let me no. front row of the balcony is great, but row 13, and that far back from the stage, ouch :rofl:

3g4u
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by tomt64

Obviously you were never in Europe back in the 90's then. If you dont know what you are talking about STFU.

essexbird
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
im sorry if this is gonna upset a few people but oasis are totally overrated!!!
Dont get me wrong, at first they were pretty good and some of their songs were brilliant, but some were total c**p aswell especially after their 2nd album, but thats just my humble opinion.
If everyone agreed with each other then the world would be such a boring place to live in. :) :) :)

403Gemini
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by essexbird
Dont get me wrong, at first they were pretty good and some of their songs were brilliant, but some were total c**p aswell especially after their 2nd album, but thats just my humble opinion.
If everyone agreed with each other then the world would be such a boring place to live in. :) :) :)

"c**p" = Crap?

Are you 11?

zipdoa
04-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Did you register just to post that on this thread?

Your politically correct argument doesn't belong here, asshole.

EDIT:

Unless you have something positive to say about Oasis, you will get flamed.

essexbird
04-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I didnt even know about this thread before i signed up, still
theres no need to get nasty.
I wasnt being politically correct i was just being polite!!
I thought this was a friendly forum?

3g4u
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM

lol. You got a lot to learn young grasshopper.

403Gemini
04-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I didnt even know about this thread before i signed up, still
theres no need to get nasty.
I wasnt being politically correct i was just being polite!!

This is my house bitch! Now get the fuck out!

(just kidding, welcome to the forum! and yes you're entitled to your opinion)

:thumbsup:

anarchy
04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I got better seats today than the presale

presale:
sec 214, row 13

today:
sec 226, row 4

If anyone is interested in my presale tickets let me know. (Face value of course) I don't need them as I obviously prefer the better seats.

Mckenzie
04-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I got a pair of Section 110 Row 8 today that I will be selling (for higher than face-value) shortly here. I will likely put them up on EBAY so if anyone here is interested, drop me a line before they go up. I'm not looking to make alot on them. $200 is all I'm looking for.

Other than that, SO F'N STOKED FOR THIS SHOW!!

:drool: :drool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :angel: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eek:

Neil4Speed
04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I also got better seats on the regular sale but no floor, what the hell happened to all the floor tickets, I had like 5 people trying for both the presale and the regular sale. Looks like its off to the scalpers I go... I am willing to spend up to $200 per seat for Row 3, and up for Row 2 and One.

I got Row 1 of 212, which are not bad seats - if anyone wants to trade down and I can throw some money on top.

i am just so choked, I really wanted to get good seats to this show.

Mckenzie
04-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I almost think that if you are not in the first 15 rows on the floor then your best bet is the sides of the first bowl. I saw the Roger Waters Pink floyd show in 109 and the view / sound were great from that side. I also saw Oasis from row 12 and those were killer seats too.

finboy
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Looks like its off to the scalpers I go... I am willing to spend up to $200 per seat for Row 3, and up for Row 2 and One. :werd:

SportEL
04-04-2008, 11:16 PM
What is better? Section 227, Row 2 or Section 107, Row 12 behind stage.

What does behind stage mean? It looks like Section 107 is actually beside the stage.

tomt64
04-05-2008, 12:20 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7249473.stm

:thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
If anyone is interested here, I have two Row 1 - Section 212 Tickets for sale.

U4RIA
06-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Floor seats row 11 seats 33 and 34! Woooo can't wait.

rmk
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Is the show sold out?

Mckenzie
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
^Check out EBAY or Kijiji coming up to the show.

Cant wait!