PDA

View Full Version : My Civic Sucks Ass

Doodle
08-08-2003, 06:24 PM
So I buy a civic hatch from calgary a month ago, get it home, everythings funky dory. I take it in to get a safety done and they tear it a part. Turn out some one racked up the front end and did one shit job fixing it. I changed the whole rad support so far and the new one didn't line up worth a shit so turns out the fucking frame rails are both bent to shit. The seats weren't bolted down in the back cause they were teg rails and didn't line up. And the list goes on....so wheres the justice, the car seemed to drive ok and the only thing wrong with the front was the headlights and bumper cover didn't line up very well. Its bullshit theres tonnes of cars on the road here with way worse problems than mine, why do I fell the wrath? :dunno:

civicrider
08-08-2003, 06:35 PM
I haye people who try and sell crap without telling you its been trashed or written off, i think most of us have ran into this at least once.

Doodle
08-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Car Fax comes clean, it musta been some drunk fixing in his backyard after crashing it, what do ya do though strip the whole car down before you buy it? Your killin me smalls.

sxtasy
08-08-2003, 08:13 PM
buyer beware...sucks...but what can you do:guns: :D ?:dunno:

Doodle
08-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Exactly, shitty luck I guess. But it is cheap if the owner knows about it and lies.

TegLover
08-08-2003, 11:17 PM
what year is the civic

rice_eater
08-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
I haye people who try and sell crap without telling you its been trashed or written off, i think most of us have ran into this at least once.

that's what happened to me...when i took the body kit to get installed it wouldn't fit worth shit...the guy almost pulled his hair out when he saw how cheap of a fix job was done on the car... You know the metal bar right behind your front bumper? he found it half FLAT! The fenders were hanging from improvised mounting points and the list goes on...somehow those bastards managed to line it all up that it looked right untill you stripped it....fuckin people :guns: :guns: :guns:

GTS Jeff
08-09-2003, 01:04 AM
the only thing u can do is just look over the car really carefully when u buy it. u should have had an inspection done BEFORE u bought the car haha, not after.

RiceCake
08-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
the only thing u can do is just look over the car really carefully when u buy it. u should have had an inspection done BEFORE u bought the car haha, not after.

Thinking you should have done the same dood!;)

Doodle
08-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Very true dood, I've leanred from experience I guess, anyway its a silver 1997 CXG.

Alpine Autowerks
08-09-2003, 09:29 PM
You should talk to Alberta Transportation, they may prosecute the seller. If the car has been previously written off, the will not help you get your money back though, you have the sue them civily but that is possible if the sale was fraudulent. (ie sale of unrepairable vehicle)

Doodle
08-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Yea it was repaired but I'm not thinking by an accredited shop. The rad support didn't line up with the bolt holes in the frame rails so they bolted one and spot welded the shit out of the other side. If I couldn't fix it myself and had to pay to get done, then I would sue, but I accutally enjoy fixing it when it comes down to it.

civicrider
08-10-2003, 07:52 PM
yah if the seller doesnt tell you it was wrtitten off they can get in huge shit, id sue :thumbsup:

catywampusness
08-11-2003, 09:56 AM
How much did you pay for the beast?

Doodle
08-11-2003, 05:50 PM
11,000 beans, yea BTW I just found out it needs 20 hours on the frame straightener, I thought that was crazy so I went to another place and the quoted me 24 hrs, this sucks.

catywampusness
08-12-2003, 08:29 AM
It might be easier to cut your loses and just sell it, find another one and make sure it's all you want first maybe.

Doodle
08-12-2003, 07:22 PM
yea sell it then I'm just gonna pass the shit deal on to the next owner, why not fix it right?

SwitchBlade
08-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Try getting it safetied before you buy it

Doodle
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Yea alberta safety is easy compared to sask. I've been told this by many shops but they could be out to lunch. Good call on the safety thought, all the wiser for next time.

cocoabrova
08-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear about you getting phukked over.....Are you going to be taking any legal action?

Doodle
08-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Don't know if I'll sue some ass yet, I have all the pics and reciepts from all stages of the car being worked on, so my lawyers say it won't be tough to win. They straightened the frame and they had to pound on the drivers fender a bit, it poped and cracked all over,the whole thing is pretty much filler. Cocksuckers, whoever did this should feel the wrath of....well....ganeesh. (sp?)

Abom
08-15-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Doodle
Yea alberta safety is easy compared to sask. I've been told this by many shops but they could be out to lunch. Good call on the safety thought, all the wiser for next time.

:werd: