PDA

View Full Version : Are you serious enough to buy a BMW?

gpomp
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
http://consumerist.com/371090/bmw-denies-test-drive-because-you-are-not-a-serious-customer

Supa Dexta
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6093/serive7.jpg

Eleanor
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Are you stupid enough to buy a BMW?

Edited for clarity.

funkedelic
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Edited for clarity.

:rolleyes:

gpomp
03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
just to clear things up... stupid would be buying an inferior car, such as a G35, A4, C350, or IS350. the BMW would actually be the smartest choice.

Tik-Tok
03-24-2008, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't be able to help but tell the salesman

"Damn straight I'm serial!"

dj_rice
03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Ridiculars!!

I thought only the people who bought the BMW's were douchebags....now its the sellers too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

whiskas
03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6093/serive7.jpg

Ironically in my experience BMW is the most generous when it comes to test drives, and the schenanigans they let you do on said test drive. Unlike honda/toyota salesman who start complaining like little bitches when I wind up to hit VTEC/camlift.

Sailz
03-24-2008, 08:45 PM
^Same here. I have never had a problem taking a BMW for a test drive from Gallery or Calgary. My old sales man at BMW Calgary Chef(this is probably spelt wrong) would be squealing the tires out of the lot showing what the car can do before handing it over to me to do the same.

Toms-SC
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Srsly?

bspot
03-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
just to clear things up... stupid would be buying an inferior car, such as a G35, A4 , C350, or IS350. the BMW would actually be the smartest choice.

Ouch...

The "dealership experience" was pretty much what led me to pick the Audi (Well, technically an S4, not an A4, but pretty similar shit).

The guy takes about half an hour to finish eating his McDonalds before he'll come deal with me, even though I phoned to say I was coming, looks super unimpressed that I'm young, and begrudgingly agrees to let me take an E46 M3 for a rip. The gas light is on, and doesn't even offer to fill it up so I can take it for a longer drive. The car is barely warm by the end of the route he tells me to take, and when I go to give it a bit of throttle (when performance car shopping I find that important) he has a bird.

I get out and tell the guy after that it really smells of smoke and that bothers me. He replies that it smelled the same when I got in and I shouldn't have taken it for a test drive if that was the case.

Just a complete dick.

akumajack
03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
just to clear things up... stupid would be buying an inferior car, such as a

G35,

A4, C350, or IS350. the BMW would actually be the smartest choice.

:bullshit: I pay way less than what I would have been paying for a ****** BM someting. And for what reason would you say that you are smarter because you baught a BM something??? Is your car faster in any way? Better looking in any way? Or handles better in any way? I know what you have better in some way, the payment.

gpomp
03-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by akumajack

:bullshit: I pay way less than what I would have been paying for a ****** BM someting. And for what reason would you say that you are smarter because you baught a BM something??? Is your car faster in any way? Better looking in any way? Or handles better in any way? I know what you have better in some way, the payment. no, didn't "baught" a BM "someting"... i don't own a bmw, but i know that the bmw is better than the G35.

heavyD
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I say apples are better than oranges.

G-ZUS
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I say apples are better than oranges.

oranges > apples IMO

benyl
03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Apple pear > oranges > apples

IMO

heavyD
03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

oranges > apples IMO

LOL Whole apples are the best because they clean your teeth as well as providing a healthy and tasty snack.:thumbsup:

IMO

Masked Bandit
03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Oranges > bread.

FTW suckaz

pome902
03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
....too rediculars ...

Super_Geo
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I spent two weeks down in Santa Monica doing pretty much nothing but test drive cars during the day. I went down there with the intent of buying an A3/A4 or possibly a G35.

For the two weeks I was there I had a 2008 G35 sedan as my rental... great car. I loved it... until I test drove the 335i.

The 3-series is better than the A4 and G35, hands down. Dont' take my word for it- you'd have to look for a while before you find a review that says otherwise. The TL is pretty uninvolving, though it'd be a sick car to take to the moutains. Actually one of the most fun to drive cars down there was the VW R32 w/ DSG, but it's a shame you can't get one up here.

Anyway, the Audi and BMW dealerships were across the street from each other. I test drove an A4 and S4, then 328i and 335i. The BMW just felt better... couldn't quite put my finger on just what it was. It seemed a lot better planted. Didn't notice as much body roll in the corners either.

The guys at the BMW dealership definately were dicks. But if you 1) tell them that you're from Canada, and looking to pick up a car becuase it's so much cheaper down there and 2) give them a fancy business card and tell them you're in oil/gas they pretty much asked me what I wanted to test drive and handed me the keys.