PDA

View Full Version : Problems with GT3000

g_wagon
03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey one of my good buds just imported a GT3000 from japan, but it has some issues that i thought some of you can help me with. First of all the power locks, when you lock it inside or out, the locks go crazy, unlocking over and over, for about a min then it dies down. Not sure if it is a fuse or a relay or what..help me out. Another thing is the climate control, it works fine but the display doesnt show anything. Could be a fuse. I should probably check them all. Alother thing is the power antenna on start up just makes noise, "Clicks" but doesnt go up or down, Not sure if i should force it down or leave it, theres about a inch untill its fluch with the Base. One more thing, there is a rattling in the engine when the cluch is in.

Please help me out
Thanks,
Sean

Toms-SC
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
JDM, dawg

Thanks,
beyond.ca

Trini
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
with regards to the antenna don't force it down, as you may never be able to raise it again (talking from experience)

sorry to hear bout the other problems..such is the risk when buying a used car.
all the best.

03-24-2008, 09:47 PM
if the screen on the climate controls is blank, its fucked (welcome to JDM) it needs to be replaced. I have had to replace something similar in a customers car and it took almost 4 months to find (and fucking expensive).

The power antenna clicking and not doing anything usually means either the gears are stripped or dislodged in the antenna motor, take it out, go to crappy tire and replace. <30 bucks.

Locks going crazy - usually means the central/locking relay is on the way out or an aftermarket system has been integrated and is also on the way out.

Rattling in engine on a JDM just means +30hp. hit redline more. :burnout:

bituerbo
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
lol, throwout bearing is the likely culprit for the 'engine' rattling noise when clutch is depressed. How much a clutch job would run you I don't know - but that would be replaced in any clutch job you get done.

Check ebay for a climate control rebuild 'service'. Ie they send you a good one, you return your busted for core deposit on top of auction price. I know my car can be done for around $150, which gets me all new lights AND a new and improved LCD screen which will last ANOTHER 15 years...

That's all the info I can offer - from first hand experience at least.

Cooked Rice
03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Well what did it say in the description when the car was bought? And did he import it himself? If not talk to the importer. I hope he didn't buy a problematic car just cause he was too cheap. Any good importer should be able to get you used replacement parts.

BlackFyre
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
GT3000? You mean GTO? or 3000GT even...

The Rattling is common in the cars, its a throwout bearing problem, even replacing it won't help, www.3si.org has a bunch of posts on it, theres some billy-rigged shit you can do to make it stop. The backlight needs to be replaced in the CC, you can do it yourself, or buy a new one from ebay fairly cheap. The power antenna's in our cars are shitty anyways, replace it, it's pretty damn easy.

EDIT: Also, where did you import the car through?

dan_dtp
03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope you fix your GT3000

pic

http://members.shaw.ca/frankdman/pics/dan.jpg

bulaian
03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
the antenna is probably bent, that's what happened to mine, it'll be cheaper to just rip out the power antenna assembly and buy a new fixed one

Mitsu3000gt
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
I replaced the antenna motor in my 3000GT and it was one of the longest and painful things I've ever done. There are few things I hate working with more than interior car trim, and EVERY piece has to come off rearward of the doors. It takes a very long time, and you will probably break one of the many tabs that lock all of the pieces together sometime during the process. DIY if you have the better part of a day to dedicate to it, or just pay someone to do it.

pkieley
03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I replaced the antenna in my Stealth and it was the EASIEST job I ever did on that car.(ask me about doing the oil pump/water pump/timing belt/output shaft, all with engine/tranny in the car!)

Bout $20 for the mast on eBay, remove locking collar, turn radio on, pull old mast, insert new mast, turn radio off, replace ring.

Canmorite
03-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by dan_dtp
I hope you fix your GT3000

pic

http://members.shaw.ca/frankdman/pics/dan.jpg

Fuck not this again :rofl:

BlackFyre
04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
"There is a resistor on the back of the circut board that needs replacement

Pull it apart and look for R-38. It may be burnt, and replace it with a 1ohm resistor "

-In Regards to the Climate Control Display.