PDA

View Full Version : **parking Lot Accident**

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Long shot, but worth a try....

Hey. Got into a little parking lot accident and if anyone of you or family was at the T&T supermarket parking lot (NE) - Pacific place mall loaction around 1:15pm on March 24 and saw this incident I would appreciate your help.

Or if you know if theres cameras at any shops that would monitors over the pebble street area....

Thx

4lti7ude
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Do you need witnesses or was it a hit a run by someone on your car?

teggypimp95
03-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Parking lot accidents are 50/50 fault... if not a hit and run.

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Witness. I was pulling into a parking spot and the dude came around the corner and hit my rear bumper.

Thaco
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Parking lot accidents are 50/50 fault... if not a hit and run. quit spreading your lies and misinformation.

badatusrnames
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM

I've heard otherwise, it's never so black and white...

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I know its not always 50/50. I need either witnesses or if anyone knows that there is security cams covering the area around pebble street that would be greatly appreciated.

Moe Man
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
if the other guy was entering the parking lot then it is your fault, it is only 50/50 if both of you where backing up.

dont believe any other explanation.

403Gemini
03-25-2008, 05:04 PM

Shut up moron, no it's not.

OP - What was the damage on your vehicle and damage on his?

If you were pulling into a parking stall how did you get damage on your rear bumper, he should have hit on on somewhat a 90 degree angle so there should be damage to the side of your vehicle, not the rear bumper...

ottamania
03-25-2008, 05:21 PM
same thing happened to me in a parking lot. hated it. I made it to clear enough to police that it wasnt my fault. guys insurance company paid for the damage.

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
it is angle. mines on the rear middle as i was angled. and his is on the right bottom of bumper (mainly his tire hit it).

Reason. is because it's the second spot around the corner turning right and he was right behind me......... turning as well. I have pictures 403gemini if you want.

403Gemini
03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
So let me get this right, you were pulling into a parking lot, a guy was driving around the main thoroughfare and hit the side of your vehicle?

If possible draw a quick diagram on ms paint of the parking lot of impact, position of vehicles, etc and post it here. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that parking lot.

Thaco
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
based on what he says, it looks like this was the situation

http://www.tms12.com/stuff/lot.jpg

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Thx thaco. your absoultely right but it was on the otherside and spots weren't angled.. and I turned around the meridian and started turning into that second spot and my car is angeled as I am starting to pull into the spot (front end is maybe 5-10% into the spot) and the guy came from behind and hit me. (his car is angled too. .... so it looks really funny in pictures too.............

cause I am afraid that it may turn into a he said / she said situation

403Gemini
03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Yikes thats tough.

What his insurance company will say is he was in the main thoroughway and you were going into a parking stall and say you're at fault (if he's sleezy like that). but the look of it, he rear ended you and you going into a parking stall really had nothing to do with it.

I'd argue it he was at fault for rear ending you.

Thanks for the awesome diagram Thaco :thumbsup:

s2k_boi
03-25-2008, 08:27 PM
i don't really get how that is a valid agruement as he should be watch as he turns in the that lane of parking spots anyways....what if I was a pedestrian and he just struck me?

So whats the best way about settling this 403gemini?

tom_9109
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
If you were pulling into a spot and he hit you its a rear ending and completely his fault.

403Gemini
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by s2k_boi
i don't really get how that is a valid agruement as he should be watch as he turns in the that lane of parking spots anyways....what if I was a pedestrian and he just struck me?

So whats the best way about settling this 403gemini?

Go through insurance and say he hit you... it's pretty simple really.

I'll warn you though, his adjuster will say that you were halfway in a stall so you were blocking the thoroughway... I know it's what I would do, and I'm a cock, I'd make the opposing adjuster see it my way ;)

If your adjuster is good (and has a spine) you shouldn't have any problems though.

Also the argument of What if you were a pedestrian - well you werent, so the rules are different. Technically he has free reign in the throrughway and the person going into a stall/backing out has to watch out for other vehicles... that being said though in the shape of the instance/direction of this parking lot by thacos drawing id easily say he rear ended you.

s2k_boi
03-26-2008, 08:44 AM
thx again. Anyone who saw this and can be a witness would be great or provide info if there is camera's along there.

I guess the one factor that may or maynot change things is he was just entering a half way into that throrughway..... so his car is angled around the meridian and the first parking spot....

ekguy
03-26-2008, 09:01 AM
I had a kid hit me in a school parking lot when i was picking up a friend. The cops made him 100% at fault, also he got a tickets for reckless driving and the cop gave me his number to make sure he could tell the guy's insurance he was 100% at fault if he tried to lie to his insurance.

Never just 50/50 as his insurance paid for his car and mine.

SlowLude
03-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I smashed the side of a car in the Pacific Mall parking lot in Toronto about 8 years ago. The verdict was 50/50 because the parking lot was considered private property. I had to pay for my damages and she paid for hers. (Is that considered 50/50?) Anyway, definitely there are cases where 50/50 exists, but different locations have different rules and circumstances. S2K_boi, let us know how the results turn out so we can better prepare for parking lot accidents!

analbumcover
03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by SlowLude
I smashed the side of a car in the Pacific Mall parking lot in Toronto about 8 years ago. The verdict was 50/50 because the parking lot was considered private property. I had to pay for my damages and she paid for hers. (Is that considered 50/50?) Anyway, definitely there are cases where 50/50 exists, but different locations have different rules and circumstances. S2K_boi, let us know how the results turn out so we can better prepare for parking lot accidents!

Man

You fuck up and she had to pay for her damages?..

Talk about Lame

Maddog55
03-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I'll warn you though, his adjuster will say that you were halfway in a stall so you were blocking the thoroughway... .

He'll go further than that.....He'll just say he was driving along and S2K's car BACKED up into him. No proof either way and no witnesses.....bummer.

Parking lot accidents are really tough. Good luck S2k......

teggypimp95
03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Iv never had a parking lot accident but thats what i was told? Maybe majority are? But you guys are probably right, probably very dependable on the situation. Sorry for the poor information.

403Gemini
03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by SlowLude

Ontario is a "no fault" province, no matter what happens each insurance company looks after their own damages. Their rules for determining liability are completely different than Alberta's.

50/50 is where you look after 50% of your damages and 50% of their damages... that seems rather self explanatory to me anyways...

Originally posted by ekguy
I had a kid hit me in a school parking lot when i was picking up a friend. The cops made him 100% at fault, also he got a tickets for reckless driving and the cop gave me his number to make sure he could tell the guy's insurance he was 100% at fault if he tried to lie to his insurance.

Never just 50/50 as his insurance paid for his car and mine.

Also cops dont determine liability, so what they say about "who's at fault" really doesnt mean shit.

403Gemini
03-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Iv never had a parking lot accident but thats what i was told? Maybe majority are? But you guys are probably right, probably very dependable on the situation. Sorry for the poor information.

No, majority aren't. If you don't know a fact, then don't post.

"I heard from my brothers best friends dads mistress dogs mothers owner" :rolleyes:

Just leave it at:

http://hardwarelogic.com/articles/blogs/Website_Reviews_and_You/MoreYouKnow.jpg

Maddog55
03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

"I heard from my brothers best friends dads mistress dogs mothers owner" :rolleyes:

Hahhaha..isn't that Beyond's motto for giving advice?

That'd make a good sig line!