PDA

View Full Version : eye exam

kakala
03-28-2008, 09:43 AM
anyone know a reasonable place for eye exam?
good money, good service

coz i just checked the one my family doc. recommended,
they charges $85,

thank ya

RZRSHARP_SVX
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Deer Valley Vision Care. I cant remember what they charge but I have always had good service there

sdiep
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
My friend told me she got hers done at Walmart, and it was around 65 dollars, if I recall correctly.

98type_r
03-28-2008, 10:58 AM
costco charges 60

kakala
03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks guys,
how is the service at walmart??

icecreamvan
03-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Quality Care in bridgeland will do it for free if you buy your glasses from them. Great guys. :thumbsup:

ralliart_girl
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Are you looking for a Optometrist or just a regular prescription eye exam? Cause if you are just looking for regular eye exam most places will offer it for free if you purchase new glasses or contacts with them.

sdiep
03-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by kakala
thanks guys,
how is the service at walmart??

I usually get my contacts from Walmart and sometimes get an eye exam from them to my purchase, which they do not charge for. Or that is what happened to me last year in Red Deer. The service is not that bad. It just depends which location you go to.

Maybe you should give them a try and see, but you need to make an appointment, so when you do that, you could also inquire of the price.

kakala
03-28-2008, 10:42 PM
thanks,
will give walmart a try

thegame89
03-29-2008, 01:07 AM
i wud suggest lens crafters. the ones in marlborough mall. really great service and really good optometrists.

BlackArcher101
03-29-2008, 01:54 AM
kakala... when you say eye exam, what do you mean?

Are you talking about a simple exam to get a prescription? In that case, the advice in this thread applies and you can get one for cheap, usually free with purchase of eyewear.

Or are you talking about an eye health exam? In that case, you are looking for an optometrist at the minimum. If you really want the best professional opinion, you can visit an ophthamologist who have the best training.

So keep this in mind when you are shopping around. When you see a high price, it might be a higher service. It's your eyes, why cheap out?

kakala
03-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
kakala... when you say eye exam, what do you mean?

Are you talking about a simple exam to get a prescription? In that case, the advice in this thread applies and you can get one for cheap, usually free with purchase of eyewear.

Or are you talking about an eye health exam? In that case, you are looking for an optometrist at the minimum. If you really want the best professional opinion, you can visit an ophthamologist who have the best training.

So keep this in mind when you are shopping around. When you see a high price, it might be a higher service. It's your eyes, why cheap out?

it's just for my glasses,
but thanks anyway:thumbsup: