PDA

View Full Version : Decals

Akira911
03-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I know most decals are either sweet or gay. One can either do it up proper or not so much. I put AEM decals on the rear window of my car and I have been getting opinions from all sides either saying they are alright or rice... Opinions are welcome.

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Ghay. Does AEM pay you to advertise?

403Gemini
03-28-2008, 10:15 AM
If your car is a show car, its nice to represent what you have... as a daily driver you might as well just say "These are the contents of this vehicle car thieves!"

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
If your car is a show car, its nice to represent what you have... as a daily driver you might as well just say "These are the contents of this vehicle car thieves!"

I think its better to have a nice mod list displayed beside the car, rather than a bunch of decals plastered all over it.

403Gemini
03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

I think its better to have a nice mod list displayed beside the car, rather than a bunch of decals plastered all over it.

This is true, but i dont mind the smaller stickers on the side of the car, BUT i agree - a mod list is better and doesnt ruin the paint/fading etc

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

This is true, but i dont mind the smaller stickers on the side of the car, BUT i agree - a mod list is better and doesnt ruin the paint/fading etc

yeah, to each their own i guess.

Akira911
03-28-2008, 10:21 AM
It is a small silver AEM decal in my rear window on each side. I ordered my intake from the states and it sounds great. I thought it looked alright in the rear window.

403Gemini
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Akira911
It is a small silver AEM decal in my rear window on each side. I ordered my intake from the states and it sounds great. I thought it looked alright in the rear window.

End of the day its your car, if you think it looks good all the power to you :thumbsup:

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I hear those stickers add like 5 hp any way so why not eh?

Akira911
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Second question that I have in regards to my front liscence plate. I got it for Christmas from my brother who lives out of province, it is a plate that looks identical to 'teggypimp95"s liscence plate picture. I am tempted to use carpet tape to stick it to my front bumper without damaging my paint... Your thoughts are welcomed!

Akira911
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Adds 5 hp hehe thats good, was just asking for opinions not ass replies.

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldent man, I debated doing that too but it will fall off from the cold and moisture. The euro bracket makes it very easy to mount. Just get some small sharp flat head screws, measure a 100 times then mark and screw in. I took like an hour to measure mine out. Was worth it. it looks good and now it can stay there and it wont move.

Akira911
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Wonderful thanks, your replies were the ones I was taking into full accord as your picture is sweet. Thanks again for your help, and aplogies for my dick response to your 5hp comment. My fiance has been busting my balls about the sticker.

teggypimp95
03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Akira911
Wonderful thanks, your replies were the ones I was taking into full accord as your picture is sweet. Thanks again for your help, and aplogies for my dick response to your 5hp comment. My fiance has been busting my balls about the sticker.

Lol no worries, its kinda joke that floats around the forums about cars with decals.
I think euro cars suit decals even less. Go for the clean look and i think you will find it would be alot more attractive. As far as future jetta/euro car questions. Join www.eurodrivers.ca calgary/edmonton based site.