PDA

View Full Version : Core charges at Pick n Pull

frozenrice
03-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I understand core charges when buying certain items at NEW parts stores like Auto Value or Parts Source, but what I don't get is why you would have to pay core charges at Pick n Pull. I was there last week and got a cart full of stuff and got hit with an extra $50 bucks worth of core charges.

Here's the breakdown:
2 CV axles @ $5 each
Distributor $5
Transmission $20
2 spindle/hubs @ $3 each
2 brake calipers @ $3 each
Itermediate shaft @ 3
Total $49.

Do they really expect me to return the cores? What are they gonna do with them if I do? If they sell/return them (which I doubt they'll do anyways), why don't they just do it themselves in the first place? I just don't see how they can justify the core charges when it's unlikely they'll actually send them for remanufacturing/reconditioning.

GT4rally
03-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Wow... that's BS
I knew they did that with wheels (why, I don't know), but it seems like they are just looking for sleazy excuses to charge more money... bastards. And they know most people won't bring the cores back.

4lti7ude
03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
:dunno: What can we do about it but complain?

Hash_man
03-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Pick n pull is brutal now IMO... prices keep going up, and now cores, thats retarded. Why would they want you to bring stuff back?... dumb if you ask me.

civicman
03-30-2008, 02:24 AM
I agree wow That's weak... But then again what hasn't gone up in this day and age....

G-ZUS
03-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Fucking sleazeballs, I try to steal whatever I can from those motherfuckers when I go there

dieselpower91
03-30-2008, 02:43 AM
since PYP has changed hands it has gone downhill. I agree that the core charges are BS. I bought a steering column for my Buick woody and was charged $5 core. I just hung on to the reciept and next time I went down i brought it with me.. I stripped the old coloumn down to a bare shell though. I have spare everything now. I really think they only charge the core charges because its a way to make more money and most people won't bother bringing back the core. PYP sucks but since Bucks is useless they kind of have a monopoly on self serve junkyards here. :thumbsdow

rc2002
03-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Core charges for used parts is BS.

It's just another money grab. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell the cores again as a used part and double their money.

frozenrice
03-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Are core charges regulated by anyone or is it a self imposed policy by individual recylcers? I'm interested in trying to find out more.