PDA

View Full Version : Go Karts in Calgary that don't suck?

amorak
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Where can I find Go-Karts in Calgary that don't suck?
I used to hit up grand prix indoor karting up in the NE (Barlow and 16th), but I hear they closed up a few years ago.

Is that sh*thole kartworld the only place an adult can have fun karting?

Thaco
03-28-2008, 08:04 PM
there's shakers, it's out the end of glenmore trail, not sure if the carts are any good, but there are some there..

http://www.shakerscalgary.com/

Eleanor
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
^shakers is nicer then the one by chinook, but the go-karts still suck :thumbsdow

BlkMaxima
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Calgary sucks for Go-karts. You need to take a drive out to Stratotech park near Edmonton.

Bassemz
03-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Or go to Allen Berg Racing school in Race City and pay some good coin.

turbotrip
03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
^how much is that?

mx73someday
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
http://www.ckrc.com/

I went to one of their noob days, paid $15 or something for 7 laps in a Rotax 125cc. Two months later I bought one.

A few times a year they have daily events for non-members/non-karters to come by and try for $15. You'll never want to go back to slow karts again.

I don't think its feasible for a decent indoor track to operate in Calgary, its too expensive here.

adam c
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
^^ they had one but people were becoming to competitive and actually starting fights with one another, also they were numerous dangerous incidents and the place shut down for safety reasons

... or so i heard

snowboard
03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by adam c
^^ they had one but people were becoming to competitive and actually starting fights with one another, also they were numerous dangerous incidents and the place shut down for safety reasons

... or so i heard

lol you heard wrong
it was just a money pit
even though
all that stuff did happen lol

n1zm0
03-31-2008, 04:02 PM
ohh the days of grand prix near the farmers market, we need a new one with a track like that, i remember leaving there late one night and the employees bring this shifter kart out from the back, i swear it was doing at least 120 in the parking lot with gravel and all :nut:

snowboard
03-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
ohh the days of grand prix near the farmers market, we need a new one with a track like that, i remember leaving there late one night and the employees bring this shifter kart out from the back, i swear it was doing at least 120 in the parking lot with gravel and all :nut:

the duke lol or something
it had no wheel gaurds so no new employees could drive it until they proved themselves.
that place was gongshow.