PDA

View Full Version : Lancer Evo X: Playing with photoshop

writhen
03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Well I'm seriously considering picking this car up once I'm done school in a year. Just did a quick chop (I know I suck at it) to see what it looks like wingless with a slight drop.

Let me know what you guys think!

Anyone else looking at buying this thing in the near future? From what I see the mivec takes to tuning really well. Guys seem to be getting 300-350 hp/tq to the wheels pretty consistently.

Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/drumcrazy/2008_Mitsubishi_LancerEvolutionXGSR.jpg

After:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/drumcrazy/2008_Mitsubishi_LancerEvolutionX-1.jpg

funkedelic
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
looks a bit odd to me without the wing. With the drop and nicer wheels the car would look better.

Nicest color for these things in my opinion is white :drool:

writhen
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah I'm not a good enough chopper to change out the wheels.

If anyone is up for the challenge I'd love to see a better set of rims on there.

I guess the wing thing is personal opinion. I myself despise any wing besides subtle lip spoilers.

randedge
03-28-2008, 11:45 PM
One design cue that I was surprised, and kinda glad, that wasn't 'extreme-a-fied' with the Tenth is the hood vent.

Probably has to do with engine packaging, probably not...

It's just that from the 1st through to the 9th, that vent has gotten bigger and bigger.

The 9th had something that was borderline too large (but still cool looking) that before the Tenth, I was afraid if they make an overstated version of that vent, it would just be too much.

writhen
03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
I think they got the styling cues on the car just right. the only part i dont like is the back lights, but i dont hate them so its alright.

heavyD
03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic

Nicest color for these things in my opinion is white :drool:

I agree. Cars that have alot of black trim tend to look best in black or white. My brother's A3 S-line is white and has a complete black glass roof, tinted windows and of course the audi black grill. It is by far the best A3 I've seen and the EVO looks very nice in white also but it does look meaner in black.

Rocky
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Personally I think a wing should match the front end. Considering the monster front end the Evo X has, I would have a huge wing :D

icydude666
03-29-2008, 09:19 PM
it needs the wing

writhen
03-30-2008, 01:27 AM
wing = rice imo lol.

black13
03-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Looks good but don't think its the best car in red. I like the blu-ish one I've seen they come with which is nice but its way too common now. I have still yet to see it in yellow which I think would be nice too.

:EzE:
03-30-2008, 01:33 AM
would look better in white IMO

icydude666
03-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by writhen
wing = rice imo lol.
functional rice at least

it completes the body lines.
with no wing it looks like a gallant or some junk.

writhen
03-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by icydude666

functional rice at least

it completes the body lines.
with no wing it looks like a gallant or some junk.

I completely disagree. I'd probably get a nice lip spoiler and leave it at that. that wing looks horendous.

realazy
03-30-2008, 10:32 AM
This isn't a chop, but here's a picture of one.

chongkee_
03-30-2008, 10:42 AM
^^ love the drop and the wheels:poosie:
I want an Evo but ended up getting a Lancer instead since Im still in school

OP: I think it looks better with a spoiler

HyperZell
03-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by realazy
This isn't a chop, but here's a picture of one.

That is a fucking beauty. I and agree with some people here - it looks better with a wing. And red is the Evo color!

GTS Jeff
03-30-2008, 12:03 PM

I completely disagree. I'd probably get a nice lip spoiler and leave it at that. that wing looks horendous. Lip spoilers don't do anything at all - if anything, they're far more ricey.

arian_ma
03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
It doesn't need THAT wing per-say, but I do think that the car needs A wing.

writhen
03-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Lip spoilers don't do anything at all - if anything, they're far more ricey.

Neither does that huge wing in city driving (95% of people driving this car will never take it to a track, let alone notice a difference in downforce between wing and wingless). I don't see how a lip spoiler is ricier than a park bench, but this is all opinion so it doesnt really matter.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more subtle wing on there though, maybe it does need a wing, but not one that big.

gd3_kid
03-30-2008, 11:14 PM
reminds me a lot of the pontiac G8 without the wing

GTS Jeff
03-30-2008, 11:54 PM

Neither does that huge wing in city driving (95% of people driving this car will never take it to a track, let alone notice a difference in downforce between wing and wingless). I don't see how a lip spoiler is ricier than a park bench, but this is all opinion so it doesnt really matter.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more subtle wing on there though, maybe it does need a wing, but not one that big. The difference is that the stock big wing is functional, whether people choose to use it or not. The raised center portion directs wind from the roof. A lip spoiler is non functional in any situation. Following your logic, pretty much the whole car and all it's performance goodies are unused in daily driving, and therefore anyone who owns anything more than a Ford Focus is a ricer. ;)

writhen
03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
It's all opinion, and I don't care to argue subjective topics. I respect your opinion even if I disagree with it, I expect the same.

To me a huge spoiler screams 2fast2furious yooo!! and that's just not something I enjoy. I've owned a RWD car with similar power to the wheels and no spoiler at all. Didn't notice a dynamic difference in every day driveability, and that thing was rwd. That's all that matters to me, especially since race city is done with (not that I was ever ballsy enough to take my car out there to begin with).

Either way, I'd love to see some other color combos and maybe even different wings thrown on. anyone up for the challenge?

peterparker
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
keep the wing:thumbsup:

TheVicaR
04-01-2008, 10:57 AM
keep the wing!

HyperZell
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
It's all opinion, and I don't care to argue subjective topics. I respect your opinion even if I disagree with it, I expect the same.

To me a huge spoiler screams 2fast2furious yooo!! and that's just not something I enjoy. I've owned a RWD car with similar power to the wheels and no spoiler at all. Didn't notice a dynamic difference in every day driveability, and that thing was rwd. That's all that matters to me, especially since race city is done with (not that I was ever ballsy enough to take my car out there to begin with).

Either way, I'd love to see some other color combos and maybe even different wings thrown on. anyone up for the challenge?

Writhen, I think everyone knows that the wing is not really going to be used much. The argument here is about form, not function. I think most people (myself included) think it just looks better with a wing - it's a question of aesthetics, that's all.

GTS Jeff
04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
It's all opinion, and I don't care to argue subjective topics. If it weren't subjective, there'd be nothing to argue, ever. Besides, aren't you the one who ASKED in the first place?

Let me know what you guys think!

Don't let those panties ride up that fishy cunt of yours just cuz someone disagrees with you.;)

writhen
04-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Ohh name calling, that's fresh :rolleyes: . Yes, I did ask for opinion, and I even admitted that maybe a wing might look better so I'm not sure what you're going on about. I just don't think that wing looks good at all.

Originally posted by HyperZell

Writhen, I think everyone knows that the wing is not really going to be used much. The argument here is about form, not function. I think most people (myself included) think it just looks better with a wing - it's a question of aesthetics, that's all.

Actually if you read above, the discussion between Jeff and myself was about function, not form. I didn't start that discussion.

Here is a video of a Spoon wingless white evo x (action starts around 2:35. Before that its a Spoon Type R):

Not sure if you can see the embed since I've never done it before. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_m0P6REtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_m0P6REtI

HyperZell
04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Ohh name calling, that's fresh :rolleyes: . Yes, I did ask for opinion, and I even admitted that maybe a wing might look better so I'm not sure what you're going on about. I just don't think that wing looks good at all.

Actually if you read above, the discussion between Jeff and myself was about function, not form. I didn't start that discussion.

Here is a video of a Spoon wingless white evo x (action starts around 2:35. Before that its a Spoon Type R):

Not sure if you can see the embed since I've never done it before. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_m0P6REtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz_m0P6REtI

Yeah, I was just discounting that discussion's importance, that's all. Go with the wing!

heavyD
04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Wing FTW! You didn't think that Mitsubishi would take all the boy racer out of the EVO did you? Spoilers have been around long before the F&F so I have no idea where you got that from.

GTS Jeff
04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Ohh name calling, that's fresh :rolleyes: Bro calm down. Wash your tuna.

dino_martini
04-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I have a photo shop request for someone. If it can be done. Can someone change the color of this FQ360 from blue to white? I tried doing it but Im hopeless with photoshop. So Im sure one of your guys's half ass jobs is better then my fully trying photo shop.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/dino_martini/08_mitsubishi_evox_fq360_f34_1_500.jpg

writhen
04-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I would help you if I could, but I don't think I'm good enough :(

As for the tuna comment...I prefer chicken :rolleyes:

01RedDX
04-03-2008, 09:17 AM

analbumcover
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing a more subtle wing on there though, maybe it does need a wing, but not one that big.

I disagree...

most people that are interested in buying an evo are car enthusiasts, and will more than likely take it to the track to unleash the beast especially if its limited in production

writhen
04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

I disagree...

most people that are interested in buying an evo are car enthusiasts, and will more than likely take it to the track to unleash the beast especially if its limited in production

Oh? I thought race city was getting shut down. Where's the next closest track around here anyway?

finboy
04-03-2008, 05:02 PM

Oh? I thought race city was getting shut down. Where's the next closest track around here anyway?

some kids by a tim hortons told me road king is where all the races will be held now :dunno:

Redlyne_jr
04-03-2008, 06:00 PM
i think it looks weird without the wing... takes away from the sporty/ aggressive look of the evo and makes it more of a redefined business car with a sporty twist..

writhen
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~
i think it looks weird without the wing... takes away from the sporty/ aggressive look of the evo and makes it more of a redefined business car with a sporty twist..

thats exactly what i was going for lol.

lianli
04-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd go with black and metallic flakes... A nicely waxed evo would be beautiful! It sucks that white cars can't bring out depth and shine to the same degree black can.