View Full Version : Leo Fu's - chinese

IggyB
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Leo Fu's - just off Macleod Trail on 70th Avenue

Has anyone been there lately?

how's the food and service?

Hash_man
03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Went there not too long ago... food and service was really good. Prices seem to keep going up though.

rmk
03-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Alright

dj_rice
03-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Bobby Chaos FTW

IggyB
03-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Just got back from Leo Fu's.

The food was good, the portions could be larger.

Price was very reasonable for the quality of food and portion size.

Service could have been better and a bit less grumpier.

I'll go there again. :)

pinoyhero
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah its a decent white man's chi food, might check out this bobby chaos place ...

TomcoPDR
03-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Is that the one across from the Denture place with the big yellow sign? IKON building (fka: Centre 70)

It's got that schezuan style taste to it I think, not your average peking duck, fry rice, noodles, etc...

Hash_man
03-30-2008, 02:30 AM
^^^ Yes thats the one... I love simple things there like their schezuan green beans and such. delicious.

sexualbanana
03-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Bobby Chaos FTW

I always think it's called Bobby Chaos and thinking to myself 'pretty cool name' until I realize it's actually Bobby Chao's. lol

Rocky
03-30-2008, 12:20 PM
^ LOL

If my name was Bobby Chao I'd definitely call myself Bobby Chaos.

nj2Type-S
03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
LOL!!! bobby chaos....hahahaha.....

"your name's bobby CHAOS?"

"sure is!"

dj_rice
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I always think it's called Bobby Chaos and thinking to myself 'pretty cool name' until I realize it's actually Bobby Chao's. lol

Yeah, I forgot to add the ', at first I though it was spelled Chau's

n1zm0
03-31-2008, 07:32 PM
^ya bobby chao's, u and me, far east restaurant (in marlborough)
in that order

i used to love gee gong when i was younger until i grew up and realized its kinda roughed up and dirty in there

it is a rarity to have a good chinese restaurant located near macleod or out of chinatown, thats like unheard of!

i guess it depends i.e: what you consider good chinese food.

qrankz
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Little Beijing is pretty good

New Korean/Japanese place opened up on 16th ave. where Mama's Ristorante used to be. Forgot the name. Right beside PartsSource

ExtraSlow
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of Gee Gong, but I'll have to hit up Bobby Chao's and U and Me one day at lunch.

For a really cheap lunch I always go to ABC restaraunt for whatever the special is.
Working near Chinatown FTW!

dj_rice
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM
U and Me, Bobby Chao's, Sun Chui Kee (sp) in that order

GQBalla
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
really? u n me?

gross..

golden inn is really good.

u n me is only good for drunken eats

dj_rice
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
really? u n me?

gross..

golden inn is really good.

u n me is only good for drunken eats

Its vice versa for me...Golden Inn is good for drunken eats...

ExtraSlow
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
in that order

i used to love gee gong when i was younger until i grew up and realized its kinda roughed up and dirty in there

I was in Bobby Chaos today at lunch and I don't know how you could think it was less "roughed up" than Gee Gong. Sure, it's got a fancier ceiling, but they are about the same on my gross-o-meter.
Food was good, fantastic S&P squid.
They didn't bring the rice, but as a gwai low, I don't like to make a fuss in case they kung fu my ass out the window.

max_boost
04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Happy Hill is really good too!

lint
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
in that order

it is a rarity to have a good chinese restaurant located near macleod or out of chinatown, thats like unheard of!

i guess it depends i.e: what you consider good chinese food.

You mean Food in East? Where the owner/boss lady takes your order with a mouth full of rice, and you're worried that it's going to shoot out of her mouth and land in your hair? Nah, that place ain't dirty at all.

n1zm0
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
calgary court used to be everyweekend for me, a friend from schools parents owned it, havent been there in a while so who knows

regency palace dim sum ok too, but personally i just hit up the ngau chap stall(beef tendon, tripe, beef ball, briskets, like a chinese 'pho')

n1zm0
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by lint

You mean Food in East? Where the owner/boss lady takes your order with a mouth full of rice, and you're worried that it's going to shoot out of her mouth and land in your hair? Nah, that place ain't dirty at all.

dunno i havent had a problem with her ever, shes always very respectable to us (my family) , i would say food in east is alot cleaner on the whole chinese restaurant cleanliness thing compared to gee gong, goto Asia (specifically hawker stalls in HK, M'sia Vietnam Thailand etc) and tell me when you are eating your noodle soup how clean your surroundings are. :thumbsup:

to me when i was in Asia it is normal to eat good food at the corner mom and pop store outside with mopeds driving by, stray cat on the sidewalk, guy smoking his bede cigarette right next to you, i guess it just effects different races in different ways