PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Equipment

NJ Devils
03-29-2008, 10:27 PM
red OK im stumbling on what helmet and equipment i should get for high school hockey, i played hockey for the past 10 years and im only 15, so hockey is my life. for the helmet im looking into the Nike Bauer 9500 or the Easton Stealth S17 and i have an oakley visor to put on that. as for skates i getting the mission xp 95's. and i got a synergy sl grip and a stealth, for other equipment im clueless what to get. Keep in mind im a defencemen, so if u can help me out i would really appericate it. i usually get my things of hockeymonkey, hockeygiant, and hockeydeals.com

THANKS

DEVILS WILL WIN THE CUP!!

rollinv4l
03-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Well I also played defence from AAA bantam, Midget AAA and all the way up to half a year in the WHL. I was using Graf pants they are really good and they have the zippers on the inside of your legs, just make sure that you get the best model for padding and protection wise, for gloves go with a set of Eagle they are really good and great amount of flexability when they are broken in. Shin pads I use Jofa witch was now bought out by RBK the graf ones look really good also I allways use a 15"-16" so that they go all the way down to the laces on the skates incase of a puck that rises up and hits you. Shoulder pads jofa is great now RBK and Graf they look great also not to bulkey so they dont restrict your movments at all. For skates I allways use Graf.

Hope that all helps you:

NJ Devils
03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
what kind of defencemen where you cuz im more of a offensive deffencemen. i have a pair of eagles right now i think they are the 80i or x, any tips on getting the smell out lol, i was looking into going all out with the easton stealth set, but then yet i dont want to spend over 1000 dollars that ill grow out of in about 2 years.

Thanks for the help

rollinv4l
03-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I was not a offensive defencemen I was more like a stay at home defencemen who would lie down to block shots that is why I allways used the longer shin pads but seeing that you are more of a offensive defencemen I would recomend a more shorter say13"-14" shin pads for the more range of mobility.

NJ Devils
03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
alrighty thanks for the help

NJ Devils
04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
any one else want to add in?