PDA

View Full Version : The best neighbor anyone could have!!!

civicman
03-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Have you ever had this happen to you the one in only prick of a neighbor....

Heres my story I rent a shop In the Ne part of Calgary. I work on my civic when I can find the time to get in there... I move a car or cars I have bought for parts. I leave it out side my shop for 24 hours or less and this guys gets them towed on me. I come back a few hours later and it's gone the only reason I move a car outside out of the way is to make room to work on my car this guy gets it towed away on me note: I only park 1 outside for less then 24hrs out of the way snugged up against my shop. In some ways this guy does me a favor by towing them away as they are ready to be towed away for scrap!!!! but this guy is really starting to piss me off. But it's ok for him to park a 5 ton truck outside his shop and bitch at me for my car being out there and tells me my car is in the way of cars getting through the alley way. I have been very patience with him so far haven't screamed or yelled at him an have no plans of doing so. I know I can get his truck towed away but I'm not play'n his game. I can be low but not going to resort to that!!! I don't have plates on these cars so It's just cause I've gone through this before and with out the plate on the car insured and reg they can tow it if I had it insured and reg I have 48 hrs to move it. The only way they will tow it is by someone complaning as from what I was told by the traffic bylaw officer. They just don't go down alleys looking for these cars so I know this guy is getting them towed on me. Because I have bailed a few out of the impound and his address shows up on the complaint.

So any thoughs!!!! will help

TegLover
03-30-2008, 02:19 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/5/8/7582d14ddc5328e8821d6b1698b03009.jpg

Jmay1988
03-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Wall of text for the lose.

funkedelic
03-30-2008, 03:50 AM
my suggestion is you stop being nice and start being a prick like your neighbour buddy

old&slow
03-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Sling shot an marbles?

civicman
03-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Ya im thinking so...like even talking to him when i first met him he came off as an arrogant prick....and the worst of all...on the same side of my alley...he has a friend one house down from me....they both stop in the middle of the alley by my shop and chit chat in their trucks that they drive and take up most of the alley.....Grrrrr

GTS Jeff
03-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm siding with your neighbour. You're a douche.

Canmorite
03-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by civicman

So any thoughs!!!! will help

Ha guys, any thoughs?

civicman
03-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Gts Jeff LOL!!!!!

Rat Fink
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM

DNSRadio
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
get his truck towed.
and keep doing it to him till he learns his lesson

ppl like that never learn until it happens to them.

strong
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Just a prick with nothing better to do, if you dont want to play his game then stop the game entirely. If you move a car outside then dont leave what else can you do? He has shown you more than once that he will tow the car so wtf. You said you dont want to yell scream or play dirty so stop leaving bait out there for this douche.

The dance takes 2 it cant be done alone.

403Gemini
03-31-2008, 02:29 PM
*ignores wall of text*

Best neighbor I had was a drug dealer. Kept his business away from the house, quietest guy on the street...

Then the cops came and I asked them if they would arrest the neighbors who are accross the alley because they have loud partys every weekend (and never invited me! *le sigh*) lol.

03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
I also had neighbors that were drug dealers, best neighbours ever. They kept to themselvs and didnt bother anyone, kept the yard decent.

They were better than the fucking 80 year old hag i have now, she has bylaw come all the time for fucking parking the wrong way on the street.

And OP, i didnt even read your post, Grammer and text is to awful.

Isaiah
03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow, tough read. I'm with GTS Jeff on this one.

ercchry
03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
just block the unregistered car in with a registered one

randedge
03-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Here, have some periods.

... .... .. . . . .. ......... . .. . ...................... . . .................. . . ..

That should be enough.

Mazstyle
03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Remove his plate and get his truck towed. Thats what I would do.....

kvanderlaag
04-01-2008, 09:05 AM
My neighbour is fat and old and has this tiny little stupid dog that won't stop barking. She lives upstairs from us. And every time bills are due (because we split utilities because we live in an illegal basement suite) she'll just stick a note on our door and give us like, 24 hours noticed to come up with the money or she gets really pissy, because for some reason, she pays all of her bills IMMEDIATELY when she gets them, and expects us to subscribe to that. On top of that, whenever it snows, BEFORE it's finished snowing, the day of, I'll come home from work or whatever and there will be a note on the door saying "shovel the walk so we don't get a ticket plz!" No joke, it's fucking irritating. We're thinking of microwaving her dog while she's not at home. Wait, am I allowed to say that on the internet? I'm not going to get arrested now, am I?

wall of text ftl.

Rat Fink
04-01-2008, 09:12 AM

kvanderlaag
04-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

The talk about microwaving the dog won't go over well on this site.

However, talking about microwaving the old lady is fair game. You said she's fat, so I don't think the microwave is a viable option. Have you thought about tying her up and taking a couple irons to her? Will still cook her....not as deeply though. But then again....if you get the fat sizzling, maybe it'll work some magic.

ooohhh...... tough call on this one.

She's going to come home one day and wonder why there's a big firepit with a spit over it set up in the backyard.

Beyond.ca pig roast?

Rat Fink
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM

civicman
04-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Update:April,15,2008

Now this guy has had three cars towed on me now. I have the city of Calgary Business Department calling me and this is what I was told by him.....saying I run a business out of my Garage....

NOTE:

If you sell parts out of your shop or garage in a residential neighborhood with out the proper license strip these car down for the intent to sell some of the parts you can be ding with a bill from the city you are classified as a salvage business something along those lines and can Be fine up to $1000 for each offense. I was told if I don't live on the property and only rent the Garage it is legal for him to rent me the garage unless I live on the property and maybe forced to move out of the Garage......

civicman
04-15-2008, 01:48 PM
This was crazy when this guy told me this. I don't run a business out of my garage. I just sell a few parts when I come across them or when I'm cleaning up my shop or I buy a parts car and get what I need from the car for my personal use. Then I just sell what ever parts I don't have no use for just to help out other fellow beyond users needing these parts. This is what I get in return is that I need a business salvage license to do this to sell some extra parts that I have kick'n around In my Garage.. Wow this caught me of Guard thats for sure....

b_t
04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
how many parts cars do you need to keep your old ass piece of shit civics running?

I would be towing your shit too. He probably needs that garage to maintain his truck, you know, he actually conducts business requiring a garage like that and he needs the space.. especially if these are the garages I think they are.

You on the other hand, keep parking wrecks in front of the shop and then leaving them there and you continue to do so even though he has had them towed multiple times.

Newsflash dumbass: if you are buying parts cars and then selling the parts on Beyond, you are running a salvage business. You have no leg to stand on. Quit littering your shared yard with an eyesore piece of shit parts car and you won't have any problems.

Daan
04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
you remind me of brother Bilo, who is hit by retardation, yes?

"I don't run a business out of my garage. I just sell a few parts ..."

"If you sell parts out of your shop or garage in a residential neighborhood with out the proper license [...] you are classified as a salvage business[...] and can Be fine up to $1000 for each offense"

civicman
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Well heres a pic of my garage. Tell me what I'm doing so wrong just because I'm restoring a Ef civic .I'm in the wrong how funny is that!!!! what so wrong with having a hobby on the side and people tell me I'm the douche. well I'm a respectful father of three work hard for my money as a truck Driver and this is the thanks I get for becoming a member on this sight...
The first car I bought was for the motor it was a Crx with a b16gen1. I decided I didn't want to do that swap anymore. So I sold the motor to another fellow beyond member and the rest of the car was up for parts. The other car was a Crx as well. I bought that for the motor dual zc as well little bit cheaper on the pocket for me the car I'm building now Ef civic and didn't need the extra parts on that Crx thats the only two cars I have ever brought to my garage and how do you consider that running a business and knock me for being in the wrong....

But here are some pic's of what I am up against

403Gemini
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Can somebody link me the new law regarding junkers and vehicles just parked on some property?

sputnik
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
nice pic... could have used a few more pixels

95EG6P
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TegLover
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/5/8/7582d14ddc5328e8821d6b1698b03009.jpg

+1

civicman
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
pic's

Super_Geo
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Kidnap his wife and kids and hold them hostage until he agrees not to tow your cars anymore.

civicman
04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
pic

Whiley
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM
thats a real easy fix, say only that you are selling the parts from your personal residence & phone number...and anything at the rental garage is for your own projects, not sale, etc. and no matter what they say, dont let them to tell you otherwise

as for the neighbor ass-hat, just wait for the sun to go down, go out and take off his truck lic. plate (toss ina garbage somewhere) and call in a complaint (use your renters name and that address if you need to make it legit source of complaint) then leave, so the towing takes place when your not around

he'll feel the sting once his vehicles start disappearing - LOL

i hate ass-hats :guns:

Originally posted by civicman
This was crazy when this guy told me this. I don't run a business out of my garage. I just sell a few parts when I come across them or when I'm cleaning up my shop or I buy a parts car and get what I need from the car for my personal use. Then I just sell what ever parts I don't have no use for just to help out other fellow beyond users needing these parts. This is what I get in return is that I need a business salvage license to do this to sell some extra parts that I have kick'n around In my Garage.. Wow this caught me of Guard thats for sure....

4lti7ude
04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Been to civic mans garage before theres really only 1 car that is outside and thats a stripped CRX.
So hes not loading a ton of cars outside he only had one car outside and 2 in the garage.

civicman
04-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks man!!!!

civicman
04-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Well and now...I only have my ef that im restoring in there and my dads bike....so i have no clue...im sure in a weeks time with the bike in there the wonderful neighbor will say that im a bike mechanic too!

civicman
05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
So this week I was in my garage working on my EF 91 civic and my wonderful neighbor was out there working on his commercial truck in the alley and never said a darn word to me. But here are some pic's of what I have to deal with...

civicman
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
another pic!!!! so who's taking space in alley now..

civicman
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
another pic

spikerS
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
that truck is there illegally, i would have called bylaw on him in a second. any vehicle over 4500kgs i think is not allowed off of a truck route, without having an invoice to a delivery point in the area.....parking like that in the alley is illegal.

djayz
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
park your junker out there without any wheels on it. or get a bunch of them and block off his truck without any wheels on any of them:rofl:

mucat
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Holy smoke, your neighbor is really bad.

Primer_Drift
05-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Is this in the NE? The paved alleyways look familiar..

I'd take his license down and call the Wonderbread distributor here in Calgary, file a complaint about how he was driving dangerously..wait a couple weeks and repeat.

weeznah
05-08-2008, 05:10 PM
900 buck and ill take care of him...
haha jk

...but seriously.
what a douche. i got a parking ticket because i had my truck(very small truck i might add) parked in the alley but was in my designated parking lot behind my house where there is sort of a 15 x 15 foot cement patch were im aloud to park and my neighbours called the police because they could not get there big ass trucks out of there garage...the nose of my truck was sticking out maybe 4 feet from my fence into the alley.i got a ticket for being parked 5 meters from my home. Biggest bullshit ive ever heard...

johnboy27
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by spikers
that truck is there illegally, i would have called bylaw on him in a second. any vehicle over 4500kgs i think is not allowed off of a truck route, without having an invoice to a delivery point in the area.....parking like that in the alley is illegal.
The truck may be permitted to be off the truck route if the owner/operator of the vehicle has special permission to park drive and park it there off of a truck route. Parking there also has to be in accordance with Land use Bylaw 2p80, whatever that is.

5fivespeed
05-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Hahha your neighbours a complete idiot dude. Just confront him. Be like, what's your problem and see what it is. Sounds like a cranky old donkey who hates people.

I mean, I had a Civic parked in my back alley for MONTHS, literally! My neighbours dont care, my truck was parked out there every night too when I had it.

civicman
05-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Well I'm a truck driver by trade don't matter if you have a permit or owner operator. Any truck over 4500kgs has to be park in a restricted area or on the employers property that you are running with the only way the truck can be parked is for business purpose only not just to be parked because you want to because you live there and leave it for the weekend. To top it off the neighbors in our area were buying bread from him. G wonder if he's running a business out of his garage now. 2 top it off working on his truck in the alley is so illegal. K I do my work in my garage not in the alley. when my garage door is shut what I do in there when the doors are shut is my business. But for everyone's Info my little Honda parked in the alley for a few hours is in his way. com on Dude this is bull crap it's his truck that shouldn't be there in the first place and leaves it there on weekends..

But for the record if it's there this weekend. KARMA sucks Buddy it's his turn to see how it feels..

Will keep you posted on the results. But thanks for all your comments so far...

weeznah
05-09-2008, 06:59 PM
cant wait to hear what happens

canuckcarguy
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
If I were you, I'd definitely call Wonder bread, tell them their truck is constantly blocking your alley, and let them deal with it. And I'd call bylaw enforcement every time you see it.

rated_R
05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
so does he give a discount on the bread? jk but seriously I would get his plate# call wonder bread and complain that this douche was driving dangerously, wait a couple of weeks and repeat just like someone else mentioned

m10-power
05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Lol, call wonderbread and complain that the bread he sold you, out of the back of his truck, was stale and you want a replacement loaf...

civicman
05-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Update: Truck wasn't there this weekend!!! BUT I'M JUST WAITING FOR IT TO BE PARKED..

But the funny thing is he was there Friday around 3:45 pm with some buddys drinking some beers No biggy. I decided I would stop off to show my sons what there dad got them the night before a little 50 cc dirt bike. So open the garage door and one of his buddys comes over and starts talking to me about this bike and how he had grand sons that would love something like that. Just the look on my neighbors face it was priceless....

But I will have a update this coming weekend if the truck is there...