PDA

View Full Version : REWARD POST - Stolen GT-R Recovered by Beyond Members

Envision
03-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I want to start by expressing my sincere thanks to ALL forum members on the Beyond.ca website. I am a firm believer that if it was not for the diligence of the members on the forum the car may not have been recovered – definitely not in the record TWO days, and in one piece. Also, despite the comments on the CTV news regarding involvement in police investigations, I feel that all actions were carried out in a safe manner. The vehicle thief was risking all people on the road in Calgary with his careless and extremely dangerous racing of the car on city streets, and it was the quick actions of members in bringing closure to the case possibly prevented a tragic outcome.

In my mind there are THREE main individuals which contributed to the apprehension of the suspect. Firstly, Jaymez – your initial posting of the suspect without question was the catalyst which drew in the interest and got everyone permanently glued to the case. In addition, after forwarding the picture taken to the police they commented on how it was an absolutely perfect shot. It had the suspect in the stolen car, driving on a stolen dealer plate, and clearly showing the “claw” and his face. The description given on my initial statement matched perfectly and with a distinguishing feature like the claw, it is solid evidence for the police. Additionally, the fact you were able to give a written statement clearly tying the suspect to the vehicle will be invaluable to his ultimate prosecution.

Secondly, Numi – your spotting of the vehicle parked in front of the suspect’s house was as good as it gets. Up until this point there had been multiple sightings within the vicinity but no concrete location. Upon meeting with you, we went directly to the house where the vehicle was found parked the following morning. I personally called in to 911 the evening we met, and because of your spotting had police sweeping the area with 15 minutes of the report. This also lead to an early morning Beyond members meeting not far from the suspect’s house and the final block in and apprehension Friday morning.

Finally, Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz – the final showdown…..the early morning block in, waiting for the arrest, and video taping the whole deal. I respect the fact you took it into your own hands to ensure the suspect didn’t leave the house, even possibly risking damage to your own vehicle. After reading a post early Friday morning stating you had blocked in the car I made my way over ASAP, called the police and the ultimate arrest was made and car recovered.

Once again I believe that it was an absolute group effort from the entire forum which drew the attention to the case and each post built on the efforts of the previous poster. My initial post and request for assistance mentioned a cash reward, and I am going to stay true to my word. I am torn on how to divide the reward because I feel that each of the main three mentioned above all played a huge role – as did all of the forum posters and those following the case. However, the only fair decision that I can find is to divide the main reward three equal ways between Jaymez, Numi, and Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz. That being said, the total of $1,500 cash reward will be split $500 to each Jaymez and Numi and $250 each to Dim_Sum & DJ_Stylz.

Also, I need to thank Rage2 for hosting this website and being the reason that the forum exists. Furthermore, the sticky to the top spot in the forum and a link from the main beyond.ca webpage drew even more attention. Additionally, I would like to plan a Beyond.ca members meet where as many members as possible can attend. Rage2 had mentioned doing something with a group get together and I would definitely want to be a part of that.

I only got into the whole Japan RHD importing scene late last year – my first post on the forum was a shot in the dark hoping that members driving similar vehicles would spot a similar vehicle on the road faster than anyone else. As it turned out I made a great decision by making that first post, because the members on this forum are a community of supporting individuals that I could have never imagined would go to the lengths they did in helping me find my car. Again, a huge thanks.

In light of recent events, including the ex-fiancé’s involvement in the attempted recovery of the belongings left behind in the car, I want to make it clear that all items found in the car following the arrest I was given permission by the arresting officer to keep free and clear for myself. Dim_Sum\DJ_Stylz clearly heard me ask the officer and him give me the response, and permission.

I also want it clear that there IS damage on the vehicle that I will be covering out of pocket - such as the vehicle needing new tires, the vehicle needing front end work done as it pulls heavily to the one side now, the front bumper needing to be repainted, the interior and exterior needing to be cleaned, cigarette burns on the seats, damage to the passenger side vent, damage to the cars computer mounted to the dash, and other damage not yet found. All of this will be out of pocket. Yes, the car was on eBay, – however the reserve price set was my “break-even” price considering the above mentioned repairs and the reward payout.

So in conclusion, thank you again to everyone – I cannot say it enough. If there is ever anyone with a stolen vehicle in the future posting on this website, I only hope I can do my part like everyone has here.

Jaymez, Numi, Dim_Sum & DJ_Stylz – PM me for details regarding the pickup of your reward.

http://www.envisionauto.com/images/JAD/JAD-NS2693/Thief/logo.JPG

Toms-SC
03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Nice job everybody

01RedDX
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Hakkola
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Fantastic, I would say that is a pretty good reward, and the way you split it up is fair. :thumbsup:

Thaco
03-30-2008, 04:00 PM
yeah, i followed this the whole way through, had my eyes peeled, good job guys.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Awesome stuff, Beyond FTW as always.

Also, the meet would be awesome. I mean, clawesome.

rmk
03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear!

Perhaps a feast of lobster and other assorted sea creatures would be appropriate at said meet?

Mr_ET
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I wish we had more members like the OP

Well done man:clap:

/////AMG
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: True to your word. Good job Beyond!

89s1
03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Awesome. :thumbsup:

Talk about case :closed:

PrezeS_PL
03-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I had follow the thread since page one , but never expected this kind of turn out
good job guys :thumbsup:

dj_rice
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Glad to hear!

Perhaps a feast of lobster and other assorted sea creatures would be appropriate at said meet?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Canmorite
03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Glad to hear!

You buying? :D

badatusrnames
03-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Very classy Envision. :thumbsup:

jk333
03-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, a dinner at Red Lobster would be a nice way to end this epic event.

finboy
03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
great job all, might i suggest you tie in the meet with the beyond.ca spring cruise? might make it easier to get everyone there

TomcoPDR
03-30-2008, 04:16 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good speech, good to hear the iron-hummer has put the iron-hammer on the claw.

djayz
:clap: this whole situation has been a blast to follow. And this just puts the icing on the cake.

rage2
Kenny and I will be buying dinner and drinks for the beyond CSI's involved in this case :D. I heard JAYMEZ is allergic to seafood, so it looks like we're gonna kill him that night too :rofl:.

rmk
Originally posted by Canmorite

You buying? :D

rage2 is footing the bill.

mark4091
03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Good job following through :thumbsup:.

mo_money2supe
03-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't think anyone has said it yet, either in here or the other thread, but Shawn (Envision), for an import/used car dealer, you are very well spoken and scripted - you could actually get somewhere with those skills, unlike most of beyond's members! ;) Great on ya for keeping true to your word as well - very untypical of a used car dealer. 2 :thumbsup:

In any case, congrats to everyone involved, and if the GT-R's not sold yet, I'd like to see it in person at a future beyond meet. :drool:

Jackie Chiles
03-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Very classy! :thumbsup:

85FltWd
03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kudos to all of you! Well done all 'round! :thumbsup:

Envision
03-30-2008, 04:40 PM
The GT-R will be going in for repairs and detailing.....it still smells horribly of weed.

The next Beyond meet it will be brought out if it is still available.....in the meantime, once repaired, I am going to enjoy it for myself for awhile. :D :D

Dj_Stylz
03-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Im glad i stuck around. After i called the Cops, they said to leave and the cops would care of it.;)

I always wanted to be part of these threads haha. Anyways glad you got the car back. http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces-84.gif

ganjadude
03-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Congrats again man, Its nice to see how well things can go when a community works together. I wish this kind of thing was common in the state, alas i may be moving to canada in the near future

THE GOVERNATOR
03-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Envision
The GT-R will be going in for repairs and detailing.....it still smells horribly of weed.

The next Beyond meet it will be brought out if it is still available.....in the meantime, once repaired, I am going to enjoy it for myself for awhile. :D :D

good work to everyone who helped out

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Kenny and I will be buying dinner and drinks for the beyond CSI's involved in this case :D. I heard JAYMEZ is allergic to seafood, so it looks like we're gonna kill him that night too :rofl:.

Take lots of pics.

I would gather together a list if I were you. That way you have a solid list of who was involved... And you don't have random people showing up claiming they helped.

warbuk
03-30-2008, 05:42 PM
great job guy's! it's good to see there are true people out there

D'z Nutz
03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Didn't Sorath help find the guy's identity on Facebook?

Bravo to all that helped!

Palmiros
03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Bravo to all that helped!

:werd:

By the way, if you guys are going out for dinner, I'd like to attend as well. (No, I don't expect anyone to pay for my meal, I'd just like to get to know who's who.)

Canmorite
03-30-2008, 05:50 PM

Leave it to Sorath to find someone's facebook page...

Antonito
03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Leave it to Sorath to find someone's facebook page...

It helped that at the time we thought he was underage, so the request was to scour highschool profiles...

Numi
03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm just glad the vehicle was returned and not stripped to nothing and parted out or used as a donor car.

And im down for a meet :)

RaDuS
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
great job guys :)

pepschnops
03-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Kudos to all involved! Beyond FTW!

ComposiMo
03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
NICE! That s truly a stand-up move man... this is the way that i wished all car thefts would turn out.. the victim getting the car back with as little damage as possible, and a community of enthusiasts coming together to help track this scum down!

By the way, to the guys involved, PM me with your addresses if you want... 2 have already, but i'm going to send you a few of the Claw stickers for free ;)

TomcoPDR
03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros

:werd:

By the way, if you guys are going out for dinner, I'd like to attend as well. (No, I don't expect anyone to pay for my meal, I'd just like to get to know who's who.)

:werd: I'd come out too (pay for my own meal), can we invite Mrs. Clawse and mother-in-law?

vengie
03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
im extremely impressed with the way this forum works together as a whole to get things done... never before have i seen this!

good work everyone:thumbsup:

Jlude
03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Class act envision!

JAYMEZ
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Hahah awesome! I can buy myself a Bday present LOL.

Glad we got your car back :thumbsup:

SCHIDER23
03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great work guys :thumbsup:

badatusrnames
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM

I'm curious how the hell he managed to come up with it...

finboy
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

I'm curious how the hell he managed to come up with it...

maybe lobster boy has a younger sister on facebook?

krazykhoja
03-30-2008, 09:39 PM
good job everyone!

way to keep your word...very classy!!!

I'd like to come out as well...get to meet everybody (and obviously pay my own way)

any word on the beyond csi shirts??

WAY TO GO BEYOND!!!

Sorath
03-30-2008, 09:45 PM
buahahah booo i should get reward too :P

ekguy
03-30-2008, 09:46 PM
nice very classy move, from both envision and rage2 offering to pay for the ones involved in the recovery.

:thumbsup:

kvanderlaag
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
This is awesome to hear. I love it when community works out.

If there's a meet, I'm definitely there.

THE CLAAAAAAW!

Dim_Sum
03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Glad you got the car back in one piece, and glad we could help :thumbsup:

civicluva
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
ya I was gonna say sorath found his actual name and f-book and shit. He should get hooked up too.

DNSRadio
03-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 85FltWd
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kudos to all of you! Well done all 'round! :thumbsup:

I agree

:thumbsup:

HybridTheory
03-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Amazing work guys, way to go! And great work envision for sticking to your word.

Beyond ftw :clap:

300zxfairlday
03-30-2008, 10:23 PM
BEYOND FTMFW:clap: :clap:

Kobe
03-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Hahah awesome! I can buy myself a Bday present LOL.

Glad we got your car back :thumbsup:
good job dude, however i expect 50% of the reward for telling you about this thread on msn :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JK :poosie: :poosie:

yellow_sub
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
niiice congrats guys. and hats off to envision for keeping his word on the reward!

Destinova403
03-30-2008, 11:43 PM
congratulations are in order for them... good job guys :thumbsup: i know who to call if someone takes my Tiffany.

Maddog78
03-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Nice.

:clap:

kvanderlaag
03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
i know who to call if someone takes my Tiffany.

Someone who's selling something that isn't a Prelude? :thumbsup:

This place seems to be pretty good at watching each other's backs.

IRL
03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Good on you for keeping your word and handing out the cash reward...very nice!

Regarding the claws property...I think this is a tough call. It doesnt really matter what an arresting officer says you can keep etc...I don't believe its his call to make. I think you should look into this further as it would suck for you to sell it off on ebay, then have him sue you for his property. If the claw sue's you in small claims, the final call on the property will be of a judge. All the claw needs to do it prove he owned it...I doub't a judge will look at the stolen car etc...

Either way good luck!

ex1z7
03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Just cus you're a stand up guy Shaun, if I was to ever come out to Calgary just to buy a used car, I'd hit your dealership up first.

... that wont happen, but if it DID.. I would.

And is James really allergic to seafood? Why didn't his throat close up or something driving so close to the GTR? :dunno:

Numi
03-31-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by ex1z7

And is James really allergic to seafood? Why didn't his throat close up or something driving so close to the GTR? :dunno:

lmao:rofl: :rofl:

hoamic11
03-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Wow, well done for everyone involved. :thumbsup: :clap:

sdiep
03-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, great jobs guy. I was really impressed at how members on beyond really look out for one another!

95EG6P
03-31-2008, 09:24 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Good job

2002civic
03-31-2008, 09:50 AM
nice work everyone!:thumbsup:

Tilly
03-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice work to all those who spoke up. This is what a forum should be, and this is what the car community should work toward. Let this be a lesson to all of us about working together!

Shane1
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
This is a great ending to an unbelievable story.

it just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside...

Good on ya for those few guys who got to play Grisom for a day!

im2fst4u
03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Kudos to everyone involved and Beyond. Hopefully the outcome of this story is embedded in the future "would be criminals" and leaves a lasting impression on them to think twice before they act!

The internet and forums such as Beyond have a long reach and hopefully we can help other victims in the future!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hash_man
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I must say, even though most people on here probably ended up helping out of their own good will and such, you definately are a stand up guy in sticking to your original claim and giving a large cash reward. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you, and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to everyone on beyond who helped out./

SlammedS10
03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
good job on keeping your promise...and it's a well-deserved reward for those who are getting it. :)

SKITZ_EF_NZ
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Greeting to you all from Nooo Zeeeland!

Just another forum jumping in to say a quick hello, From NZhondas.com

I am also a car dealer and you can gaurantee that a car like that here would be in pieces within 6hours, no question.

Envision, if you ever have a job going and want to pay to get my wife & family over (or just me) let me know!

I now want to move to Canada, despite being a south park fan.

Great Job to all of you guys, we had a similer thing happen here, where a 2.2 prelude powered EG civic hatch, that was supercharged, got nicked and was spotted in the area but out ran the chaser, then spotted in Taupo (4hours drive) where false plates were taken, then car was located in Hamilton (another 4hours further north) at local gang house.

the power of "teh int3rwebs" is strong

way stronger than a trash talking Criminal lover could ever be

peace out, and the best thing of all this.......

I can now view the Binary thread....

wicked

sam

Scope951
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
3 cheers for beyond!.

Great to see the final result and just rewards!

Props to all involved, and best of all, Great to have the car back to the rightful owner.!

zxt
04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Very classy act indeed from Envision. :thumbsup:

I hope i can come to Canada some day and be part beyond.ca meet :clap:

PlasmaBomb
04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Congrats to all the people on beyond who helped out.

Glad you got your GTR back, and I hope the sale goes well.

All the best for the future,
PB

climer
04-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Great work guys!

And thanks to the OP for the follow up.

Let us know when the sentencing is. Maybe we can all show up with some popcorn, party hats, etc.

Kloubek
04-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder how much a reward actually helps. I mean, if I knew a car was stolen from someone on a message board I frequent, I would automatically help them try to recover it if I had the chance.

Still, it's always cool to get money for helping out too! :) Good work everyone.