PDA

View Full Version : Spotted - Buick Regal (?) on 22s?

Jlude
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
It's not the best pic... gf snapped it as we were driving by him.
Saw a bunch of random rides sportin' big rims today... only got a pic of this one.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0037.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0038-1.jpg

It was a nice color when the sun was hitting it.

TegLover
03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
i think his car is higher then the black pickup infront of him. :confused:

:EzE:
03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
BALLIN!:bigpimp:

dj_rice
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Get used to seeing more DONKS since ur in Cali

Jlude
03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Every once in a while I'll see some random ride that you'd least expect.. will have 22 or 24's on it.

everyone has rims down here. doesn't matter what they're rollin' in

dj_rice
03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Every once in a while I'll see some random ride that you'd least expect.. will have 22 or 24's on it.

everyone has rims down here. doesn't matter what they're rollin' in

Reminds of me that thread the Beyond user came back from Mexico and said the same thing...

ekguy
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
vegas is just as bad if not worse, intrepids, and other random cars rollin on dubs it was pretty funny.

Graham_A_M
03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
judging by the thread title, I thought you meant this thing. These are 40's BTW.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/40s.jpg

RaDuS
03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
thats pretty sweet lol

funkedelic
03-30-2008, 09:59 PM
you see these everywhere in the states, mostly in da south

Graham_A_M
03-30-2008, 10:17 PM
^ Dirrrrty south.
I should harass my dad to sell his Buick Le Sabre to those guys. I'm sure he'd get a mint :D

Canmorite
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
So...ugly.

Jlude
03-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
judging by the thread title, I thought you meant this thing. These are 40's BTW.

dude, I saw something similiar...(obviously not 40s) but pretty damn big rollin down the freeway a couple weeks ago. It was an old buick with monster rims... def. bigger than 24's

soupey
03-31-2008, 04:42 AM
bahahahha "donkey kong"

reminds me of n64.

schurchill39
03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Reminds of me that thread the Beyond user came back from Mexico and said the same thing...

Yea that was me, the only different here is that at least people in the states have decent cars, in mexico its what ever POS they can boost from an alley then they slap rims on it

DNSRadio
03-31-2008, 05:40 PM

wow
dude thats huge !!
ride must suck like krappers... lol

snowboard
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
king konggggggggg

Graham_A_M
03-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Those tires look pretty solid:dunno: :rofl:

I wonder how much he drives it since any pothole can ruin those rims, and Lord knows how much those cost.
But the southern US has some incredible roads since it never freezes. I'll never forget it when I was down there a few years ago. :thumbsup:

pf0sh0
03-31-2008, 05:54 PM

dude, I saw something similiar...(obviously not 40s) but pretty damn big rollin down the freeway a couple weeks ago. It was an old buick with monster rims... def. bigger than 24's

Was it a lighter blue car? If so, I've seen that guy before, and he's ridin' rims fo sho!

dj_rice
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Those tires look pretty solid:dunno: :rofl:

I wonder how much he drives it since any pothole can ruin those rims, and Lord knows how much those cost.
But the southern US has some incredible roads since it never freezes. I'll never forget it when I was down there a few years ago. :thumbsup:

I dont think its been driven, pretty sure its a demo vehicle only brought for car shows....I hope

F_VImPZTI7I

Donkey Kong Blades yoooooo

nikka
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
^ haha i love how they made thier own song about the car and the shop who made it.

next time they should use a fucking tri pod

Jlude
03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

Was it a lighter blue car? If so, I've seen that guy before, and he's ridin' rims fo sho!

This was driving down the 680 freeway near Sacremento

Jlude
04-04-2008, 09:48 PM
OK OK... this is what dj_rice was referring to...

It's not a very good picture... but you get the just of it.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0040.jpg

forgot to mention, they're spinners too! haha

dj_rice
04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
OK OK... this is what dj_rice was referring to...

It's not a very good picture... but you get the just of it.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/JME1984/IMG_0040.jpg

forgot to mention, they're spinners too! haha

wat?

Jlude
04-05-2008, 12:09 AM

You meant donkeys right?
nm. :confused:

dj_rice
04-05-2008, 12:23 AM

You meant donkeys right?
nm. :confused:

Donks...

Hi-Risers are a type of highly customized automobile, typically an inexpensive American-built sedan modified by significantly increasing the ground clearance and adding large-diameter wheels with low-profile tires. Depending on the model and build year, autos customized in this manner can be labeled "donk," "box," or "bubble."

Hi-risers originally grew out of the Dirty South hip hop subculture but the trend has spread across the United States. Vehicles customized in the hi-riser style are distinguished by their outsized (even disproportionate) rims, ranging from 24" to 30" or more in diameter, as well as fanciful custom paint-jobs and expensive audio hardware. Suspension modifications similar to those employed on lifted pickup trucks are made to give adequate clearance for the large rims. Often the suspension is modified so the front end sits slightly higher than the rear end, giving the car a swaggering appearance. Because of the almost comically exaggerated look gained from installing a lifted suspension and enormous rims, donks are also known as "hi-risers" or "sky-scrapers."

The most popular vehicles for these types of modifications are full-size Chevrolet models, namely the Impala, Caprice, Monte Carlo, and Chevelle. There are three main sub-types of hi-riser, although the distinctions are blurred and open to debate. Most hi-riser enthusiasts agree that a "donk" traditional is a 1970s-era Impala or Caprice with a sloping rear end. To complement the sloping rear, the suspension of donks are frequently higher in the front end than the rear, resulting in a nose-up stance. Other hi-risers are usually raised evenly, resulting in a more or less level stance. A "box" is another sub-type of hi-riser, usually a 1980s-era Impala or Caprice with a boxy or squared-off front and rear end. Other models that are frequently made into hi-risers include the G-body Buick Regal, Oldsmobile Cutlass, and Pontiac Grand Prix.

Other vehicles gaining in popularity as hi-risers are the Cadillac DeVille and Seville, as well as the Buick Roadmaster. Also gaining in popularity are the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car sedans. These three are the last full sized, body-on-frame, RWD sedans sold today. In fact, the Grand Marquis in particular is enjoying a slight sales surge due to the increasing popularity of buying them new and turning them into hi-risers.

Jlude
04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
learn something new everyday